Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #61
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Actually any Latin person not Mexican hates being called a Mexican.
More like any Latin person hates being called anything they are not.

To get back on topic. I hear "Jap" used by people that usually don't know any better. All Asians are the same to them.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #62
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
White is what the western European people called themselves when they struck out into the world. It's funny to me that they considered Irish and Italians to be other than white.

I can see any eastern European person being offended by being called Russian. The country did try to dominate the region for centuries.

P.S.
If you speak any derivation of Latin, Germanic, Slavic, or Greek, you are white. Get over it.
Well I can say on the Italian's part that we really are not Whites. Our skin is Olive colored and it turns brown in the sun. That is why they did not consider Italians White back in the day. Unless you are from the far North part of Italy and at that point you are most likely mixed with German and Swiss because of border along the Alps.

As for Irish they were considered White it was just a case of Anglo Saxons aka British descendent protestants looking down on the Irish. Because a lot of them were Catholic and the rift between the Church of England and Catholics ran pretty deep and still does in some parts of UK.
Which sentiments were transferred here in the later part of the 19th century.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-13-2011 at 08:31 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #63
Christine

Trader Rating: (0)
Christine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
More like any Latin person hates being called anything they are not.
Perfect response.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #64
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I've been asked if I was South American, Filipino and Indian at one point or another
didn't really mind
the Indian one was amusing
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #65
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
How about the term Js (pronounced "jays") ?

I've been using that the last few years and it's been going well.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #66
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
I've been asked if I was South American, Filipino and Indian at one point or another
didn't really mind
the Indian one was amusing
I don't mean to be facetious, but the first time I met you last year, I thought you were Filipino, or at least lived there. Has more to do with your accent than the way you look.

Looks wise, I feel there a lot of overlap between different cultures, or at least that's how I see it through my lack of exposure.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #67
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
judging from the the redacting, you're referring to the "n-words" from demonspeed's posts...that's the kind of politically correct stuff that irks the hell out of me. he wasn't calling anyone specifically those words yet his post was edited as if he was. he has a point though. as long as i hear black guys call each other that name, it doesn't matter if it ends with a "gger" or "gga"-they've lost the right to bitch about that slur still being in existence as far as i'm concerned since they're just perpetuating it.
Personally I don't care what it ends with. I am just keeping it off Zilvia. As for me, I don't use either.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #68
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I totally understand why people get so mad. Just like when people call me Nick when my name is Nicholas. How could they possibly offend me like that with no disregard???
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #69
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
I have no idea why some people are uncomfortable saying "black". I've never heard any black person be offended by being referred to as "black". If they are, they're probably the oversensitive type that you find in any and all ethnic groups. Black isn't a derogatory term. This differs from "Yellow", which is. Like I said before, it's not the words that are offensive, but the intent.
Some people are just stupid.

I've had someone get mad over me trying to physically describe someone and said he was a dark black person.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #70
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
MOO, people need to grow some fucking intestinal fortitude.

Where in the Constitution does it say you have the right not to be offended?

I mean, shit, I was born and raised in Germany and the only thing I heard when I moved to the States was, "Nazi this" and "Nazi that".

Did I care?

Not really.

I knew when people were trying to offend me and when they were joking around.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, scrape the sand out of your pussy and quit worrying about stupid shit.

Your feel-bads got hurt. So what?!

Fuck those people and move on.

If I gave two shits for every ignorant person that opened their mouth without thinking I'd never have to go to the bathroom.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #71
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post

I mean, shit, I was born and raised in Germany and the only thing I heard when I moved to the States was, "Nazi this" and "Nazi that".

Did I care?

Not really.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, scrape the sand out of your pussy and quit worrying about stupid shit.

If I gave two shits for every ignorant person that opened their mouth without thinking I'd never have to go to the bathroom.
You sir hit the nail right on the head. Who gives a $hit, I'm arab and people mistaken if I am roman,italian,turkish,german,russian etc and when I tell them I am arab they ask if I am from Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iraq etc. I'm thinking did those people ever pass the 6th grade?Ignorance=FAIL.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #72
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
You sir hit the nail right on the head. Who gives a $hit, I'm arab and people mistaken if I am roman,italian,turkish,german,russian etc and when I tell them I am arab they ask if I am from Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iraq etc. I'm thinking did those people ever pass the 6th grade?Ignorance=FAIL.
Well....

At least they care and are being inquisitive. Most people lack extensive experiences with other ethnic groups and therefore really don't know the subtle difference.

If one is Asian, it's just assumed they are Chinese. After all the largest group of Asians in America are Cantonese Chinese. If you only met a few Asians how can one be expect to spot the difference in Korean, Japanese, or know that Chinese is very broad and includes Cantonese, Mandarin, Mongolian as well as 70 other ethnic groups?

Just like most people don't realize the "Middle East" is not all "Arabs". Turks, Pakistanis, Iranians, and Egyptians are all non-Arabs.

In America, white is white, in Europe people still spot and care about the differences. Latvians and Lithuanians are both "Baltic", same as German "Prussians". They are not "Slavic" like Poles or Russians. It's mortally offensive to confuse the two.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #73
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Halveblue, I get it. I used to get all the ignorant lines (do you know kung fu/bruce lee/etc...)all the time and I ignore it. But sensitive or not, it's about respect and principle. Jap is short for japanese but it was used back then in a derogatory manner. Maybe you(not you, generally speaking) aren't sensitive at all? where's the line? I think there is a lot of ignorance in people who use words like that.

Last edited by VNG704; 12-16-2011 at 06:47 AM..
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #74
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most people I know would not get offended by it, even if used negatively my wife wouldn't even bat an eye at it!
Toi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #75
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post

Did I care?

Not really.

I don't know, but is your name a play on "Have Blue" ... ?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #76
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
JAP = short form of saying Japanese
NIP = short form of saying Nippon

The thought of this being a racist term was created by white people. The Japanese generally don't care.

There is no such thing as Racist words, only racist actions.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #77
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
If Jap is acceptable as a shortened form of Japanese, Spic should be acceptable as a shortened form of hispanic...I know it isn't socially acceptable, but isn't it logical?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #78
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post

There is no such thing as Racist words, only racist actions.
Words associated with certain actions begin to take on the same properties as those actions and at some point no action is necessary beyond uttering the correct words.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #79
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
People, quit trying to be literal. You know what you shouldn't say. If you're not sure, then don't say. I mean, that's if you have the decency to care in the first place.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #80
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
If Jap is acceptable as a shortened form of Japanese, Spic should be acceptable as a shortened form of hispanic...I know it isn't socially acceptable, but isn't it logical?
Imagine how bad it is when we call Australian people aussies or british people brits

O . M . G.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #81
24boosted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
24boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How about less worry about the words/names and start with those who do not contribute to this great society whether jdm, usdm, edm, yellow, white, black, brown, green.

24boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #82
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Imagine how bad it is when we call Australian people aussies or british people brits

O . M . G.
I think you missed my point...if one shortened version is ok, why is another, not ok?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #83
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Because on is simply an abbreviation with no negative connotations while the other was used as a term of bigotry and discrimination for generations.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #84
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
I think you missed my point...if one shortened version is ok, why is another, not ok?
I think that you missed he was agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #85
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Md. Soldier Among 8 Charged In Death Of Bullied Comrade « CBS Baltimore

havent logged on in a while so im late to the party, but:

weak, sensitive individual that needed to be "weeded" out (according to some of you gung ho; steak, eggs, and cigarette breakfasters) or people that usually have entitlement in america (much like some in this thread) really dont know how it feels?

im not a libtard nor a nancy, but there really are unilateral phenomenons that most whites never have and never will experience.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #86
Renzin

Renzin is on a distinguished road
It may not seem as offensive as other racial words, but I'd never call someone a jap.

- this isn't the 1940's

- it's just not the same as calling a british person a "brit"

- if my 96 year old grandpa who fought in the pacific theater has enough class not to say it, you can't either. whether people want to pretend it doesn't have negative connotations or not, it's still wrong.
Renzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #87
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
I'd like to know is why people still feel it's necessary to be offended by words.
THANK YOU
so many people complain these days its annoying. Racism is dragging someone behind the back of your pickup, or not offering services to someone based on skin color etc, not name calling.

when I was a kid we use to have a saying about sticks and stones. Apparently everyone pussied out sense then.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #88
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

ps, i have a Japanese student I'm hosting. he's from Osaka, and he isn't offended by names. Most mature kid I know.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #89
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Name calling is the tip of the iceberg. If you'd ever experienced real racism in your life you'd know that.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #90
Brian
Post Whore!

Used to hate when Asian food places would give me a fork instead of chopsticks.
100% racist.