Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #91
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Name calling is the tip of the iceberg. If you'd ever experienced real racism in your life you'd know that.
But I don't think you really have experienced racism unless you have not been hired at a job, or denied services due to color, or background. I'm sure some dude that didn't hire you didn't say "I didn't hire you because you are a ngga/honkey/spic/jew/kiwi".. REAL racism hides.

Name calling is just name calling. Some choose to be pussies and cry about it, some live life to the fullest and ignore others.

Can't take everything to heart man. ...I mean really, look at youtube comments on every type of video. I go around assuming everyone is stupid and un-educated, and I ignore them unless they really have something smart to say.

Maybe because I grew up in Canada, we never really had this. Born in 81, I kinda just assumed everyone had a fair chance legally. Which they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzin View Post
- if my 96 year old grandpa who fought in the pacific theater has enough class not to say it, you can't either. whether people want to pretend it doesn't have negative connotations or not, it's still wrong.
I had a grade 9 teacher back in 1996 try to tell me "they" was a racist term. I gave her a dirty look and after class she told me I have to be careful what I say being we had a two students who's parents were from India. I never told her, but one of them I considered a friend already at this point. But she was the type of teacher that would get pregnant every year to take maternity leave. Basically we rarely saw her. One of those rape the system types.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #92
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You have no idea of the racism I've seen and experienced and you sound like the type to rationalize it away if I were to tell you.

Have you had a guy follow you home threatening to beat your ass for almost a year? I bet you haven't. It's fun being the only black kid in a red neck area.

Have you been jumped in a locker room for being a white guy who dared not to be intimidated by the black alpha males? I'm going to hazard a guess that that is a no as well.

Racism comes in many forms and bullshit name calling and underhanded double entendres are one of the last places that people are allowed to get away with it.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #93
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
^those are racist actions. Look back to one of my first posts in this thread, where I said there is no such thing as racist words, only racist actions.

Actions of violence, or actions of neglect/control

words are meaningless, actions are everything, and both of your examples are actions. not words.

I don't mean to label your way thinking, but its your same thinking that is why the Occupy Protests failed miserably. Its only words, no actions.

Last edited by Walperstyle; 01-13-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #94
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Those actions were partnered with powerful words. Smoke and fire tend to be found together. Words are never meaningless.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #95
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

^words are only as meaningful to the person that absorbs them. Thus, racist words, or any 'bad words' should be put on the fault of the persons in-ability to find the positive in every situation.

People offended, want to be offended. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #96
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Shut the fuck up already. You WILL NOT trivialize my experiences with racism and pass it off as my fault for being offended and mistreated.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #97
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I've been beaten up, had my things stolen and destroyed, my family was threatened, I even had teachers in school give me shit.

I'm not offended because I want to be. I'm offended because in the realm of racism words are just as violent as action and I'll be damned if someone ever gets the better of me again.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #98
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Have you had a guy follow you home threatening to beat your ass for almost a year? I bet you haven't. It's fun being the only black kid in a red neck area.
My friend was the only white kid in an all-black school, and he got beat up on a monthly basis. He did mention it was fun as well. Although I think he was being sarcastic.

As foreigners with weird accents, I think you gentlemen will be happy to hear that my family has been discriminated against by Americans of all races equally.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #99
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's ingrained into the culture but it won't go away if we all sit here and act like it doesn't happen. It must be condemned at every level, from dirty looks and stupid comments to hate crimes.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #100
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It doesn't matter if your black white brown yellow or any other race or creed. If u trace it back we have all been oppressed by someone. Albeit to different degrees. The Japanese had the concentration camps as well as the Jews. The blacks had slavery. The whites are a bit more broad but those of us who have any Irish were oppressed greatly when they first began immigrating here. The Germans were hated for what they did to the Jews. And more recently those of middle eastern decent were targeted do to the events surrounding 911. It all boils down to ignorance from the oppressive culture. I've been called a cracker, redneck,and Nazi by blacks, a f***ing "mic" by my gfs Italian family, it all boils down to ignorance and if we all keep riding this crutch of actually getting offended by words then all we do empower said words, and prolong the ignorance associated with them. IMO if your living in America, which is the "great melting pot" then YOUR AMERICAN point blank period. Yes be proud and mindful of your heritage but just remember we are all decendents of someone who migrated here, and therefore we have all had some sort of oppression in our heritage, so unless someone is actually physically oppressing you... GTF OVER IT
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #101
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Shut the fuck up already. You WILL NOT trivialize my experiences with racism and pass it off as my fault for being offended and mistreated.
Hate breeds hate, Cheer up, because you are further proving my point.

You will all likely-hood die of Cancer, Heart Disease, or a Car accident... they threaten you more then any of these 'words' from racists. You have the ability to be something great. If you live in fear, or allow words to affect you, then its your problem not society's problem.

Forgive and forget, the more people that do this, the sooner you and these other people can mature.

Seriously though, you are still confusing actions with words. Words are meaningless, actions are everything. If someone threatens my family, i'm not going to worry about it. If they show up at the front door, they are going to get a 12 gauge to the face. Its simple. I don't discriminate. I know the laws, I know my rights. ...come, threaten me. I'm prepared for everything, meanwhile, I'm going to blow your comments off like every other retard on youtube that thinks they know something.

I live at 120 crawford street, Red Deer Alberta. I'm 30, and don't give 2 F's about words. Lets see some action. (i'd much rather invite you in for a few beers and work in my garage though)
Quote:
it all boils down to ignorance and if we all keep riding this crutch of actually getting offended by words then all we do empower said words, and prolong the ignorance associated with them. IMO if your living in America, which is the "great melting pot" then YOUR AMERICAN point blank period. Yes be proud and mindful of your heritage but just remember we are all decendents of someone who migrated here, and therefore we have all had some sort of oppression in our heritage, so unless someone is actually physically oppressing you... GTF OVER IT

...because getting back on topic, the 17 year old exchange student that I had living with me for a year, thinks this is hilarious. He, in all politeness, doesn't give two F's what you call him. Way more mature then myself, and anyone.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #102
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^

very naive...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #103
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Hey do I need to invite your family to come to my house to learn what 'winning at life' actually is?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #104
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Hey do I need to invite your family to come to my house to learn what 'winning at life' actually is?
^Illusory superiority
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #105
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

^agreed. ..
Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #106
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
More like any Latin person hates being called anything they are not.
Apparently Arabs don't like being called Mexican either
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #107
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Shutting the fuck up was not a suggestion. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #108
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Shutting the fuck up was not a suggestion. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Testy testy. Relax
Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #109
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You can shut the fuck up too.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #110
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

What, do you want to have a sit-down and I can tell you about 20 years ago how a group of Indians that thought they were black use to harass me? Doesn't matter to me, or to you, or the situation.

so, sure, keep being offended by words. You are being very negative about this.

edit: I use to live in a Trailor. Like ghetto as can be, but I turned my life around to where I have a 5 bedroom house. I didn't do it by listning to racists, or being in fear of groups of people, or things that are not going to happen. And I especially didn't care about other peoples opinions.

Listen, 95% of what you fear, never happens. the 5% that does, is beyond your control, so why would you fear about it. Make the most of life. Looking at your posts on this site, you obviously are not. You spend too much time worrying. (about racists, government control, other peoples opinions) All beyond your control.

cheers.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #111
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You can shut the fuck up too.
You sound like a real cry baby... Get over it. Or be butthurt about every little thing every fuckin person has done/ said to u and live a miserable life... your choice
Old 01-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #112
BC S14
Zilvia Member

BC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
I'd like to know is why people still feel it's necessary to be offended by words.

THIS! Shits really gay.

Formally girl's n sil's
BC S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #113
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It feels so great having white people tell me how to feel about racism.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #114
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #115
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Or did they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylPUzxpIBe0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwqECbNm4Y

No. No they didn't.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #116
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
It feels so great having white people tell me how to feel about racism.
who's white? and does it matter? Didn't know I was being profiled. I didn't know what color you were, nor cared. Because it didn't matter. Guess it does to you man.

I'm going to leave now (yeah, finally eh?).

Sorry if I offended you, you obviously don't want to welcome change. Hope you don't bring down others around you. dream big.

Last edited by Walperstyle; 01-31-2012 at 04:19 AM..
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #117
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Ignoring racism doesn't make it go away and being brown matters a lot in America.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #118
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
People offended, want to be offended. That's all I'm saying.
The truth.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #119
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i'm japanese, i'm white..call me a gook, jap, cracker, chink I DGAF cuz i'll just call you whatever race you came from..it starts getting offensive when you take it up the butt
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #120
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
why can't you guys realize using derogatory words IS an action. it is an implicit exertion of superiority or dominance. that in itself is the action when using racist lingo. so let me get this straight, you guys see no discernible difference between:

"fetch me some flied lice, you chinaman"

and

"i'll have an order of fried rice, thanks"

so the waiter/waitress is to blame because of their insecurities or the "desire" to be offended, and not because someone has just antagonized and demoralized them based on ethnic ancestry? because after all, words are words right? nothing more?