Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
3rd Debate - Are you really undecided...still?

Have you decided who to vote for yet?

In lieu of the upcoming final debate is anyone out there, honestly, still undecided? Realistically, did either debate sway anyone one way or the other?

To be honest I watched neither the past two, nor will I watch the final debate. I decided long ago more or less based on party. Just like 90% of America, I already knew what party I was voting for even before the primaries started. What I have come to believe is that the entire debate process is pointless. After all, what do we come out of these debates talking about? The issues? The plan, the platform? Oh Hell No!

We talk about teleprompters, who smiled more, who was obnoxious, who was “presidential”, who had better one liners and of course who could time there political rhetoric correctly. I believe the era of electronic media has driven us to vote for the men and not for the ideas. We will never see a fat-dumpy balding President again. Never will we again have a squeaky voiced, lazy eyed President, hell we won’t even get one as a primary candidate.

One hundred years ago parties where forced to post up large boards with their platform, laying out exactly what they intended to do. This was really the primary way of picking a candidate…

Here is Lincoln’s 1860 Party Platform. This is by and large the only reason and exposure those who voted for him, voted for him. He didn’t have commercials, he didn’t have interviews – you may have saw a few snips in the newspapers and been lucky enough to see him at a convention. But when it came time to vote most people saw a few of these things posted on the walls around the ballot boxes.

http://cprr.org/Museum/Ephemera/Repu...form_1860.html

So, in my off tangent, would it not be better for Presidents/Parties to continue this tradition. Why don’t we expect candidates to put together a PDF that lays out exactly what they want and intend to do. What laws they want enacted, what laws changed and what laws removed. Their view on taxing structures, major cultural issues and pretty much layout a 4 year business plan, line by line, subject by subject, year by year of what they hope to accomplish and how they will do this.

Then we can debate on how realistic this plan is as well as how much we agree with it. For the city official we can then go back and line by line look at what the accomplished, what they failed to accomplish and why. We can also evaluate the… “hey, you said you wanted to expand American oil drilling but you signed two laws restricting it”. You wouldn’t have to go back and review sound bites about “at what time did he say it was terrorists”. It would be plain as day – this is what you said you wanted to accomplish – this is what you ACTUALLY did.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

I was pretty split between the two till 4 issues came up, I wont say what those issues are and who I ended up siding with though.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I watched the previous debates because it was better television than anything that happened to have been on at the moment. I had already done my homework on the local issues and my mind was made on who I was voting for in the presidential race, so I did early voting this past Friday.
It will depend on how I feel whether or not I actually watch the debate tomorrow.
To answer another question; in my opinion, the only REAL “undecided” voters this late in the game are the people who are undecided on whether they WILL vote or not, not WHO they will vote for. People who planned to vote all along have known who they were voting for since at least the Conventions at the very latest. Debates will not have swayed them

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just watch the debates because they're entertaining, I'm looking forward to this one, I love foreign policy/international politics.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
diffen.com is skewed.

Position on Healthcare:

I completely agree with romney. Let the states decide on their own what they want to do. What if everyone in California wants universal health care but no one in Florida wants it? Why should californians impose their ideas on Floridians?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Obama kicked his ass
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
diffen.com is skewed.

Position on Healthcare:

I completely agree with romney. Let the states decide on their own what they want to do. What if everyone in California wants universal health care but no one in Florida wants it? Why should californians impose their ideas on Floridians?
There are/where people in the south that wanted segregation.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Obama kicked his ass
"the surge worked"
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Poll: Obama wins final presidential debate - CBS News Video
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
jvsc91talon

jvsc91talon is an unknown quantity at this point
HANDS DOWN Romney got his ass handed to him.
jvsc91talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Just 23% thought he won!? Holy crap he did worse than I thought..
That's terrible...

CNN's polls aren't look much better for Romney either.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Romney showed an inability to improvise. He just returned to the same talking points over and over. Obama has a much stronger ability to ad lib, even with the uh's and pauses.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

CNN fact check.

Libya cost more in two weeks than Iraq costs divided by weeks x 2.

Obama - False.

lol
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Do people really base their vote on a F-ing televised "debate"?
I'm sure some do.

edit - sorry, stupid question. lol. continue the nonsense!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Do people really base their vote on a F-ing televised "debate"?
I'm sure some do.

edit - sorry, stupid question. lol. continue the nonsense!
Lol I love the jackassery. 'Murrica!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...DebatePoll.pdf

1. Obama won the debate: 53/42

2. Who are you planning to vote for in the presidential election?

Barack Obama............................................. ... 51%
Mitt Romney............................................ ........ 45%

men: 47% 50%
women: 55% 41%

Fuck is wrong with American men?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I agree on Romney got his ass kicked pretty good.

I don't know.. How will I take another 4 more years? Not sure.

I wish I could vote so mine could be a little help..
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I agree on Romney got his ass kicked pretty good.

I don't know.. How will I take another 4 more years? Not sure.

I wish I could vote so mine could be a little help..
four more years of slow growth?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
There are/where people in the south that wanted segregation.
I don't get what you're trying to say. We have tons of laws in place such as the interstate commerce clause that states a lot of things that States cannot do and can do. One of these laws states that a state cannot separate from the union. How the civil war/south wanting to separate have anything to do with letting each state decide how to manage their own health care plans?

Quote:
oh wait, was bush president these last four years?

My bad!

I don't get this it's Bush's fault crap. I can spend 20 years building the sickest 240 ever and it will only take 20 seconds to completely destroy it. Bush could have destroyed our economy over night. You can also buy a POS car and make it look amazing within 1 month of hard work. Obama's had four years and our economy went from ok to worse. He even had a majority in congress (senate? I forget which) for 2 of the four years.

Last edited by EDacIouSX; 10-23-2012 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Huh? that was growth? I guess I don't have statics but it sure doesn't look like it.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
You can also buy a POC car and make it look amazing within 1 month of hard work. Obama's had four years and our economy went from ok to worse. He even had a majority in congress (senate? I forget which) for 2 of the four years.
What is POC car??

Obama sure did have almost 4 years but he sure didn't make our economy better.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #22
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

POS my bad.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #23
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
I don't get what you're trying to say. We have tons of laws in place such as the interstate commerce clause that states a lot of things that States cannot do and can do. One of these laws states that a state cannot separate from the union. How the civil war/south wanting to separate have anything to do with letting each state decide how to manage their own health care plans?

oh wait, was bush president these last four years?

My bad!

I don't get this it's Bush's fault crap. I can spend 20 years building the sickest 240 ever and it will only take 20 seconds to completely destroy it. Bush could have destroyed our economy over night. You can also buy a POS car and make it look amazing within 1 month of hard work. Obama's had four years and our economy went from ok to worse. He even had a majority in congress (senate? I forget which) for 2 of the four years.
Our economy was ok when Bush left office? You must have an impressively selective memory, you know forgetting the collapse of the economy as a whole in levels unseen since the Depression.

Do you realize it took over a decade to recover from the depression and that was only really brought on by the second World War (The reviving of the economy)?

The President really can't have that much impact on the economy, he can put policies in place and they can stop the bleeding and things such as that, but he doesn't have the power to reverse a drop with the drop of a bill.

And from ok to worse doesn't make sense since unemployment is back to where it was and the stock market is booming.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #24
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Do you realize it took over a decade to recover from the depression and that was only really brought on by the second World War (The reviving of the economy)?
It's been proved out that FDR's policies lengthened the depression considerably.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
JimCrom

JimCrom is making a name for him/her selfJimCrom is making a name for him/her selfJimCrom is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It's been proved out that FDR's policies lengthened the depression considerably.
What!? You want to cite some of those sources?
JimCrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #26
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post

The President really can't have that much impact on the economy, he can put policies in place and they can stop the bleeding and things such as that, but he doesn't have the power to reverse a drop with the drop of a bill.
So then how is it "Bush's fault"?

I love how everyone has forgotten about 9/11.

9/11 basically had the country chomping at the bit to kick some ass - Cha-Ching two wars.

9/11 destabilized markets and industries- so low credits and tax cuts came in to calm investor fears.

Oil Prices went up.

The entire Federal Government was restructured, Homeland Security, ect

Of course Bush has to be a nice guy, good Christian he is, and there was an expansion of social welfare programs under him.

As far as the banks, go as Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. That was a mess 25 years in the making with biggest scumbags out there overseeing it.

Bush never tried to sell him self as a fiscal conservative, he was a "compassionate conservative".
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
dont give two shits about the debates to be honest. didnt vote for obama last time and wont vote for him this time. he hurts my paychecks too much.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #28
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

9/11 basically had the country chomping at the bit to kick some ass - Cha-Ching two wars.

9/11 destabilized markets and industries- so low credits and tax cuts came in to calm investor fears.

Oil Prices went up.

Of course Bush has to be a nice guy, good Christian he is, and there was an expansion of social welfare programs under him.

As far as the banks, go as Chris Dodd and Barney Frank. That was a mess 25 years in the making with biggest scumbags out there overseeing it.

Bush never tried to sell him self as a fiscal conservative, he was a "compassionate conservative".
Are we getting sidetracked? How did this discussion go to Bush's issues.

I believe he was trying to make a point on how republicans expect the nation to recover from such a crisis so quickly. Is thinking this mess should be solved or corrected with amazing growth all within 4 years realistic? Any idea on the years it took to get into trouble?

And to your credit-

I guess that is clear with you and that's cool, but let's talk about Romney "trying" to sell himself as what? Can you confidently say that you know what he sells himself on? Agreeing with the president on most of foreign policy, after going against him weeks before?

Last edited by LEG1T; 10-23-2012 at 09:11 AM..
LEG1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #29
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Werd.... Some of us who was put thru that BS neva forget!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #30
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Oil Prices went up.

I did not blame the economy on Bush. I blame the two wars on his regime, I don't put the economy at his feet.

9/11 only leads to two wars if the country is running on faulty logic. Iraq had no part in 9/11, Afghanistan will never be a war worth fighting.

At the very most we should've gone into Afghanistan, eliminated some baddies, left and never returned.

Anyone who says terrorism is a threat to national security is lying.

Would love to see your 'proof' that FDR extended the Depression.