Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-28-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
another rim size question

ok as I was searching I have found that pretty much every body has something different. Ill admit im pretty lost when it comes to rim size questions. lemme tell you what I want and if somebody could be so kind to answer without flaming that would be pretty cool. Ok here goes, First of all I dont want to mess with camber and dont want to pull fenders, roll is cool but not pull, I was thinking 17's and want to clear coilovers and z brakes, would 17x8 in the back and 17x7 in front be good or what. wont be drifting eitherl, just want damn good traction.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what tire sizes and offsets are you looking at? 17x7 kinda suck IMO. Just cuz they look skinny.....
Old 05-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
mjjstang
Post Whore!

mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
thats where I need you guys to help me on size and offset. but im looking at like 245 in rear if I can, so maybe 8 in front, see I need you guys to help me just figure out what the biggest I can fit w brakes and coilovers, and a good offset because I really dont know shat when it comes to offset.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
brake clearance depends on spoke design and coilover clearance depends on offset. All kinda depends on what wheels you will be running. I'd say 17x8 front +25ish.......... rear 17x9 +25ish.

----Gone----
BadMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
mjjstang
Post Whore!

so i was thinking 5zigen fn01r, (hey im in mighigan, just having a 240 is pretty original, so dont tell me i have no originality,) I was looking for 4 lug 9inch in rear but all i see is 5 lug with 9 inch, what do you guys think, these wheels will clear z brakes and coilovers with +35 offset correct.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone is asking about those wheels latley. You should have searched harder b/c there was a thread a few days before this one about these same wheels....

Also, one guy in the thread said 17x8 +35 wouldn't fit without spacers, but it's b/c he is running big tires, 245's. You could fit it just fine with smaller tires....
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=54615
Old 05-31-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
mjjstang
Post Whore!

well I do want large tires so this is what I have come up with, 8x17 +35 in front 9x17 +35 in rear with like a 225/F 245/R and spacers if I need them to clear brakes and coil overs. will it stick out. I have been reading posts but it seems everybody has something different.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:41 PM   #8
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Quote:
front: 17x8 +35 215/45-17 (less than finger width b/w tire and spring. Would not clear coilovers with a wider tire.)
Quote:
Here are my front BBS RS 17x8 +35 235/45/17 - Will clear Z Brakes as seen, will not clear Coils without 5mm spacer or SUPER small tires.
FRONTS so if you use 225's and coilover you will definately need spacers.
REAR from everything else I read 17x9 +35's will be fine in the rear, but the 245's may rub a little. depending on camber and if your fender is rolled or not.

I got all of this from this site to prove to you and all the Newbs that keep asking offset/tire questions that if you search you will find EVERYTHING. Some might not be running the exact same set up, but you can piece it all together if you search....
Old 05-31-2004, 07:45 PM   #9
mjjstang
Post Whore!

im sorry, I got a problem where too many numbers enter my head i blow up. thanks though for all the info.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #10
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
17 x 8 offset 35 front 225/45/17
17 x 9.5 offset 42 rear 255/40/17
perfect.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:15 PM   #11
mjjstang
Post Whore!

do the fn01r come in 9.5 or 42 offset for that matter
Old 05-31-2004, 08:20 PM   #12
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
No but, SSR's do.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #13
240Stilo
Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
Well this is what a 17x8 +35 wheel w/ a 1" spacer looks like on an s14. Don't know how big a difference it would be on an s13.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #14
mjjstang
Post Whore!

so id just go w a 9 inch wheel, all ive seen the fno1rs in is 7 and 8, do you know wehre they sell 9 inch with 4 lug.