Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #28801
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Ganador or dead.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #28802
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hey Afroman.I will love you even if you contract Ganadors disease. I just can't hug you as tightly.

Guess what?!?!!!!

chicken butt.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #28803
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Bings-2012-54 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Excuse the front camber. Just installed 20mm to clear the brembo. 18x9.5 -6(+20 spacer=-26)
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #28804
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #28805
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
^
em effin Black Zenki time!!!

speaking of which, just threw some new tails on my whore....

I would die if there was a black zenkis unite thread... or a black zenki preservation society thread, like those two toned S13 things....

DISCLAIMER: 3 four locos, and 2 bleezys into the night... sorry for my over exuberance...

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #28806
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

or combine the both? haha
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #28807
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
^Cool, one of those two tone things I was talking about! S "13's" I think they call them?

I actually had one for a week, then, like the last three 13's I had before it (mixed in along the way of my zenkis), realized S14 Zenkis are the essential 240SX, then sold it to help finance the above car LOL.

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #28808
project 240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
project 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
finally got my wheels back

unfortunately pics were taken before i lowered the front

project 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #28809
s14skyvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
s14skyvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
my red bucket lol

s14skyvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #28810
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Anyway want complete z32 aluminum brake upgrade for your s14, with ebraks and cables, pm me.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #28811
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^good investment since I did mine over the weekend. All I need now to complete my suspension "geometry" are rear knuckles by DW and PSM front knuckles...
Old 08-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #28812
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessboost View Post
FRO, <3 <3 <3!

Shit looks awesome dude!
Just give in and join the gentleman's club
Thanks bro. I think you were right about the 17 vs. 18 thing you told me way back. I did some measuring to try to calculate how much clearance I will or will not have and I'm fairly sure that with 17's I wouldn't have even been able to get out of my driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcolade View Post
FRO BRO! get this thing painted. I am getting my black car back together so we gotta get some Navan love pics together!
<3 I would love to take Photographs with you. Perhaps at one of the CL events before the year is out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Hey Afroman.I will love you even if you contract Ganadors disease. I just can't hug you as tightly.

Guess what?!?!!!!

chicken butt.
I promise I will wear protection as to not infect you with the Ganador Disease should I contract it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
^good investment since I did mine over the weekend. All I need now to complete my suspension "geometry" are rear knuckles by DW and PSM front knuckles...
Curious, not being critical, but why would you prefer the DW rears to PSM?

I have the PSM Knuckles on my S13 and am Amazed by the build quality. They also have spherical bearings instead of poly like DW. Also secondary caliper bracket, etc. I think PSM rears, +Risers gets you something like 40mm of RC Correction, add 5mm at the lower balljoint/taper rod and you're at 45mm which is what my S14 has. I've heard so many horror stories about people breaking axles with the DW rears....

Also, 1on1, if you do end up getting another set of Ganadors just to swap glass, drop me a line before you sell your other set. I'm really trying to save money for paint right now, but I should have some extra funds towards the end of the month.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #28813
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
I already have someone who messaged me regarding my ganadors if I plan on picking up a new pair. However, the reason why I would run the DriftWorks rear knuckles is due to PSM does not support the Z32 rear drum e-brake, and I just converted my rear this past weekend.

IMO, the hydro e-brake is just "hype" and "not really" necessary for drifting. Also, replacing cables or upgrading to z32 rear is a cheaper solution to lock the wheels...
Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #28814
cmg
Zilvia Member

cmg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I already have someone who messaged me regarding my ganadors if I plan on picking up a new pair. However, the reason why I would run the DriftWorks rear knuckles is due to PSM does not support the Z32 rear drum e-brake, and I just converted my rear this past weekend.

IMO, the hydro e-brake is just "hype" and "not really" necessary for drifting. Also, replacing cables or upgrading to z32 rear is a cheaper solution to lock the wheels...
Ive always had good success with making sure I keep newer stock calipers on the car. Cheaper pads help too. This isnt on a track car or anything though. Just weekend warriors. My stock calipers seem to lock better than the drum setup I had previously.
cmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #28815
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
IMO, the hydro e-brake is just "hype" and "not really" necessary for drifting.
yes! totally true.
carmaniac1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #28816
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg View Post
Ive always had good success with making sure I keep newer stock calipers on the car. Cheaper pads help too. This isnt on a track car or anything though. Just weekend warriors. My stock calipers seem to lock better than the drum setup I had previously.
Most definitely but I already had plans for my car and making into reality. On the other hand, I wasn't able to lock my rear brakes ever since I owned my car so I feel relieved to have it working again.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #28817
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzenki82 View Post
^

DISCLAIMER: 3 four locos, and 2 bleezys into the night... sorry for my over exuberance...
Dood, too much black, please put it back... I knew your sorry ass wasn't going to stay away, never could. If you want murdered out, I have some Weds that would go nicely. I'm sure you've seen em forsale on TR.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #28818
cmg
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Most definitely but I already had plans for my car and making into reality. On the other hand, I wasn't able to lock my rear brakes ever since I owned my car so I feel relieved to have it working again.
Atleast you can stick with one plan. All my 240's seem to turn into drift rats. I decided Im actually gonna try to make one nice. Its gonna be a long wait though. Literally having to replace everything on the car. One thing at a time.

As it sits now:

Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #28819
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
At the MCCM meet in Nashville last Saturday. Anyone else go?

Need coilovers so bad ):
grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #28820
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey guess what happens when you hit a piece of tire at 70 mph with a Greddy Lip? Yeah whatever only fucking money. I've spent my fair share replacing random shit.

Cheers!!

G
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #28821
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: 3 four locos
How are you still alive? I had 2 once and thought I was going to die.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #28822
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Quote:
^

^ Had two 4 loko's and a 40 before caffine was taken out and lets just say my whole bed smelled like watermellon yack for a bit.... You sir are BOSS!
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #28823
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
I never tried the stuff. Fraid I would go all frank the tank and wake up somewhere naked.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #28824
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
^

I would die if there was a black zenkis unite thread... or a black zenki preservation society thread, like those two toned S13 things....

You were out of the game for 1 day. Record time bromeo! Welcome back.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #28825
alcolade
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
alcolade is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post

<3 I would love to take Photographs with you. Perhaps at one of the CL events before the year is out?
Definitely. Ill have my girl drive that down so i can tow the track car.

And just because.

I need to order some new center caps from HRE too.
alcolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #28826
Struggle
Leaky Injector

Struggle is an unknown quantity at this point
put some gay coloured 18 x 10's on.

need to get myself some 18's again for the front. should never have sold my last set.

p.s. still got drive shaft issues even though i've raised the subframe to the chassis
Struggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #28827
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #28828
cmg
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelovesnike View Post
^ Had two 4 loko's and a 40 before caffine was taken out and lets just say my whole bed smelled like watermellon yack for a bit.... You sir are BOSS!
Same here. Had four one night before they changed it. After three I ended up kicking out a friends windshield and then left and drank another. Roommates woke me up the next day in the passenger seat of my car. 4 loko is no joke.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #28829
1on1
Post Whore!

4loko WAS no joke until they changed the formula, iirc. I remember shotgun'in one before a club and I was pretty good (my heart felt like it wanted to come out and punch me in the dick and face), so I drank another one after the club for an after party at a friend's house. In the club, I also had a silver back (in a pint glass; redbull + hypnotiq and a shot of bacardi 151), two beautifuls aka french connection (henessey + grand marnier), 4 shots of patron, and I couldn't feel my face that whole night.

On the other hand, you should see how I first got my s14 and the phases I've gone through...
Old 08-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #28830
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
oh gawd four lokos -_- that shit'll fuck you up. the taste of it still lingers in the back of my head, shits gross.
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote