Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #61
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
dudewutup is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates? I got mine started this week.

Guess I can't call it a 240....
dudewutup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #62
40flash
Leaky Injector

40flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone who does one of these engine swaps ends up with spare parts. I have a friend that bought an engine and trans out of a 06 Z. The aluminum shift bracket was broken and he is looking for a stock one. He is putting the engine in a g35 so he needs the stock bracket. Since none of us can use this piece in our s13 & s14 conversions I thought I would see if anyone would like to sell their left over shift bracket that bolts onto the trans housing. Not the shift mechanism but just the bracket?
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #63
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40flash View Post
Everyone who does one of these engine swaps ends up with spare parts. I have a friend that bought an engine and trans out of a 06 Z. The aluminum shift bracket was broken and he is looking for a stock one. He is putting the engine in a g35 so he needs the stock bracket. Since none of us can use this piece in our s13 & s14 conversions I thought I would see if anyone would like to sell their left over shift bracket that bolts onto the trans housing. Not the shift mechanism but just the bracket?
how much ur willing to pay? im not using my bracket its from a 05 g35 trans im sure its the same
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #64
40flash
Leaky Injector

40flash is an unknown quantity at this point
I sent you a PM with my friends offer.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #65
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dorrifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Update:

so the car is done and i have been driving it. we ran into all sorts of problems. the fuel rail adaptor from z-fever leaked fuel so we had to re-weld the flanges. the air intake they made me would have dumped the filter right into the fender and p/s rez. my Y-pipe that they made me did not bolt up to the headers that they also made, and it was too long to bolt onto the cat. i had to take all these problems to a local shop so they could basically rebuild all these parts. Z-fever also made an adapter to allow my speedo and stock tach to work, and it kinda does. every once and a while the tack will drop to 0 then bounce back up to the engine run speed. the speedo is a nightmare. the first day, it was off about 20 mph, and the past two days, the speedo hasnt worked at all.

other than all that i am having a blast driving it! I still need to reassemble my dashboard and put my hood back on lol but she is sure drivable!
dorrifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #66
cassa_bx
Leaky Injector

cassa_bx is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats to all rockin a vq'd 240. Makes me miss mine.....a little.
cassa_bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #67
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

unless i missed it but any final pix? vids?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #68
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexcii-zenki View Post
unless i missed it but any final pix? vids?
i will get some up soon. been busy with finals the past week but now that those are over with i have more time to spend with my baby!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #69
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrifto View Post
Update:

so the car is done and i have been driving it. we ran into all sorts of problems. the fuel rail adaptor from z-fever leaked fuel so we had to re-weld the flanges. the air intake they made me would have dumped the filter right into the fender and p/s rez. my Y-pipe that they made me did not bolt up to the headers that they also made, and it was too long to bolt onto the cat. i had to take all these problems to a local shop so they could basically rebuild all these parts. Z-fever also made an adapter to allow my speedo and stock tach to work, and it kinda does. every once and a while the tack will drop to 0 then bounce back up to the engine run speed. the speedo is a nightmare. the first day, it was off about 20 mph, and the past two days, the speedo hasnt worked at all.

other than all that i am having a blast driving it! I still need to reassemble my dashboard and put my hood back on lol but she is sure drivable!
damn doesn't sound like z-fever know what the hell they're doing lol
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #70
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

wired in my own temp sensor. took the position of the stock one.

some soldering. I didnt want 12 miles of wires going to something that gives the same signal that these locations gave.

It works! didnt have the sensor wired yet, but it is now. It works perfect too.

Got the plenum powder coated.

The lighting sucks in this vid, but im tired and not shooting another one tonight. maybe later this week.
http://youtu.be/IMf0zj8_NKk

Last edited by dorrifto; 01-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: fixed link
Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #71
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

god i am looking at my engine bay pic.... Its a wiring nightmare on the left. I should clean that up some huh.

Oh and i will get a pic with the intake on too.

vid of engine running:
http://youtu.be/IMf0zj8_NKk
Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #72
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

dudewutup is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking really good! Get us some driving action. I wish I could get the time to finish mine.

sent from my cell phone. its a old beat up one held together with rubber bands. im ghetto...

Guess I can't call it a 240....
dudewutup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #73
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewutup View Post
Looking really good! Get us some driving action. I wish I could get the time to finish mine.

sent from my cell phone. its a old beat up one held together with rubber bands. im ghetto...
What do you have left on yours?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #74
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
how was the wiring aspect of the swap??? also any problems to report on that throttle body being right up against the firewall? looks like you had to bash it in a bit...
tapdeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #75
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapdeznutz View Post
how was the wiring aspect of the swap??? also any problems to report on that throttle body being right up against the firewall? looks like you had to bash it in a bit...
i had z fever do most of the wiring, but there was a little bit that i had to do when i got the harness back . it wasnt hard. but yeah i had to bash in the firewall a bit... apparently i am the only one who has had to do that so far. mckinney says that every chassis is varies one way or another by up to 1/2 inch. my 1/2 inch was rather inconvenient. the hood also didnt clear. I got some 1 inch spacers and longer screws for the back of my hood where it bolts to the latch and its fine now. I saw that some s-chassis guys put some spacers there for heat to better escape the engine bay, so i essentially did the same by a lot larger gap lol
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #76
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
very nice im starting to looking into/researching vq35de and the ls1 swaps. but for now im just piecing together a turbo kit for the hell of it.
tapdeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #77
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

So I fell victim to the revups oil consumption. pulled the motor out. doing FULL build. 96mm sleeves, weisco pistons (11:1 comp ratio), eagle h beam rods. taking the rotating assembly to the machine shop tomorrow morning to get balanced. heads have a 5 angle valve job now, both block and heads machined for a half inch studs. afterwards, it will be all set to go for a 150 shot of juice, and maybe a supercharger in the future
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #78
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrifto View Post
So I fell victim to the revups oil consumption. pulled the motor out. doing FULL build. 96mm sleeves, weisco pistons (11:1 comp ratio), eagle h beam rods. taking the rotating assembly to the machine shop tomorrow morning to get balanced. heads have a 5 angle valve job now, both block and heads machined for a half inch studs. afterwards, it will be all set to go for a 150 shot of juice, and maybe a supercharger in the future
damn dude that sux major ass...u only had it running 4a month b4 it gave on u, i see u liked the blue i used im taking ur idea on the temp guage...a few questions: with the fire wall what hits the plenum or the throttle body? did u get any vids of the car while u were driving it? did the headers clear the steering rack? can u post up a few more pix of the engine in the bay b4 u ripp it out wana see how the compressor sits since everi1 elses swaps I've seen eliminate it...thanx! good luck on the engine rebuild

also, 4got to add if u decide on not finishing the build, ill buy ur harness so count me 1st...lol!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #79
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
damn dude that sux major ass...u only had it running 4a month b4 it gave on u, i see u liked the blue i used im taking ur idea on the temp guage...a few questions: with the fire wall what hits the plenum or the throttle body? did u get any vids of the car while u were driving it? did the headers clear the steering rack? can u post up a few more pix of the engine in the bay b4 u ripp it out wana see how the compressor sits since everi1 elses swaps I've seen eliminate it...thanx! good luck on the engine rebuild

also, 4got to add if u decide on not finishing the build, ill buy ur harness so count me 1st...lol!
lol sorry I already pulled the block. took the new pistons, rods and old crank into the machine shop to get the rotating assembly balanced.

But my throttle body hit, not plenum. supposedly I am the only one who has had clearance problems... oh well. the headers actually went AROUND the steering shaft. I had to pull the steering column, instal engine/headers, then slide the column through the headers. PITA!!!
as far as compressor, you talking about the AC? it fit just fine. no problems at all. and it was very cheap to have new custom AC lines made since the vq compressor is in the same location as the KA's.

here is my nitrous build btw.
From a NX 75 shot to a 150 shot! - MY350Z.COM Forums
Old 02-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #80
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

iight kool...i was hoping it was the throttle body kuz i hav an idea to fix that to prevent "banging in the firewal", as 4the steering shaft thats great! as long as it doesnt hit is good, I've always done all the swaps from the top in (rb, sr, 5 spd) but since Im getting the car from the bodyshop i dont want to scratch the paint im actually raising it in from the bottom...

good luck with the build...Ill b posting up my thread soon, its been a super slow going process since Nov2010...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #81
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
iight kool...i was hoping it was the throttle body kuz i hav an idea to fix that to prevent "banging in the firewal", as 4the steering shaft thats great! as long as it doesnt hit is good, I've always done all the swaps from the top in (rb, sr, 5 spd) but since Im getting the car from the bodyshop i dont want to scratch the paint im actually raising it in from the bottom...

good luck with the build...Ill b posting up my thread soon, its been a super slow going process since Nov2010...
That is a good idea! mount it to the xmember and slide her right in! I would still remove the whole plenum before you do that anyways... just for good measure.

Oh, another problem that no one has mentioned. the plug for the ecu.... it is TOO large to fit through the hole in the firewall while the blower motor is still in place. You have to drop the blower motor to get that gigantic plug to fit through. I ordered a mil spec plug from jordan innovations so I am wiring that beast in so i never have to worry about it again
Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #82
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Niiice! thanx 4the heads up on the blower motor removal and yea i was gona install the intake plenum afterwards...when u think ull have that mil pec plug in? i wana c it installed
Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #83
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Niiice! thanx 4the heads up on the blower motor removal and yea i was gona install the intake plenum afterwards...when u think ull have that mil pec plug in? i wana c it installed
whenever the hell jordan innovations ships the damn thing! He doenst reply to my pm's for a couple days and I paid over a week ago.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #84
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

not good, i pmd them 2set up a date to do my harnes...def keep me posted on his reliability
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #85
1jzs14
Leaky Injector

1jzs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
they have my harness and i haven't heard a damn thins supposed to ship it to me earlier this week never heard a damn thing back from Jordan innovations
1jzs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #86
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzs14 View Post
they have my harness and i haven't heard a damn thins supposed to ship it to me earlier this week never heard a damn thing back from Jordan innovations
He might be out of town. that was why I didnt hear anything from him for awhile. I got all my stuff from him finally once he got back in town.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #87
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Update

FINALLY got some work done on the car. life can be distracting sometimes.

96 mm Darton sleeves!

Wiseco pistons to match, and eagle rods to throw

Over the past week, I got the block completely assembled.

Bought some mil-spec plugs from Jordan Innovations to make wiring through the firewall a little cleaner and less painful.

marked all wires

Begin soldering

aaand done

DIY wiring tuck, EASY MODE

Ran it all under the intake mani. I doubled up all my extra long wires down here too to keep them out of the way

I dont know how hot it would get so I wrapped it in heat wrap.

picked up an oil catch can today

Going to work on it more tomorrow. Hope to have it done by this weekend.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #88
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Looking real good, def post up runnin vids!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #89
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Who sleeved the block for you?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #90
dorrifto
Leaky Injector