Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2004, 06:57 AM   #31
mad s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
ur wheels are sign of "I just picked up an import tuner and had to get some rims yo!" .. anyways.. nice car. welcome to the boards. Two tones rock! Havent seen the N1 Dual in a long ass time.. thought no one had it anymore lol.. its soo 1999.
no it isn't..lol, I rock the N1 dual..and like it...since the only other choice at the time was the then discontinued greddy dd which I really wanted.

Gray
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2004, 10:06 AM   #32
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I love the N1 duals, it looks great and sounds even better. I just really like the look of the dual tips, besides, everyone and their mother has a single canister exhaust.
axiomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:21 PM   #33
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Well, I finally got around to taking some better pics (the weather hasn't been too cooperative). Anyway, ridicule away:

Old 11-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #34
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i really dont know what to say about that car.. its kinda clean.. not bad..

but, you can tell that the person who owns it still has more to learn about 240's.. no biggie.

your car reminds me of a DA Integra.

your car is far from anything out of the ordinary, BUT.. atleast you are taking care of it and maintaining it, because it shows.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:46 PM   #35
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrindley
everyone and their mother has a single canister exhaust.
my mom has dual exhaust with a dynomax muffler and stainless magnaflow tips on her car. OH, you meant 240's. that's cause the dual canisters look like poop.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #36
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
who's two tone monster truck is that??
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #37
Lurkable
Zilvia Member

Lurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enoughLurkable will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lurkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
who's two tone monster truck is that??
Agreed, but it is two-toned which is always quite nice.
Lurkable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #38
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hum... When I put on my coilovers they rasied the car a little from the springs.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #39
axiomatik
Post Whore!

I am sorry that my car does not fall within everyone's narrow definition of 'cool', but, oh well, I won't lose any sleep over it. I will, however, explain some of my decisions on my car, so I don't look like a complete dumbass.

First, I bought the wheels back in 2000. Back then, I didn' even know there was a 240sx community, because it certainly seemed like I was the only person in Phoenix that even took care of their 240 (I know that's not true, but I didn't see another 240 enthusiast in Phoenix until around 2001). Therefore, I wasn't privy to all the important information about offsets. Also, JDM tyte wheels were much less common then, and I didn't know about them either. I plead ignorance on the whole wheel selection issue. However, that doesn't mean I don't plan on doing something about it. Eventually, I will replace them with some JDM wheels that I hope will meet with your collective approval. I will probably choose between either Nismo LMGT4's, Volk CE28's or Work Emotion CR's (but first I have to get a job).

Second, the suspension. I know it is too high, but I had some very good reasons for not getting coilovers. First, my old shoks were dead, and I needed to replace them. I could probably have afforded coilovers if I really stretched my budget, but I didn't think it was worth it at the time. I had neither the time nor the resources to participate in any form of motorsports, and I was a delivery driver. I really didn't think that I could stand the harshness of coilovers for ten hours straight a day, but I did want an improvement in handling, thus, the AGX/Pro-Kit combo. I don't like the height, but I also don't want to cut the springs, so it will have to stay put until I can afford coilovers. First, though, I plan on getting SPL fender braces, Nismo power brace, subframe bushings and swaybars, so it might be a little while. Anyway, that's the story of my life, I'll stop making excuses for my past decisions.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #40
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am sorry that my car does not fall within everyone's narrow definition of 'cool', but, oh well, I won't lose any sleep over it. I will, however, explain some of my decisions on my car, so I don't look like a complete dumbass.

STOP

End your thoughts here. There is absolutely NO reason for you to have to justify anything you've done or are going to do with your car. Your car should meet YOUR expectations, and thats all you should really be caring about. If you ask me, fuck everyone on Zilvia.. including myself. We should take our opinions and shove them up our asses.

HOWEVER.. and this is a big however, .. you asked for criticism, so you got it. AND, its just a matter of style.. which everyone has a different interpretation of. Hands down, its nice to see that your car is shiney and looks fairly clean. Whether or not its "perfectly cool" is another thing, because we all have our own ideals, budget, etc...

Point here is, do it for yourself. You dont need to make excuses or any of that shit. I dont have coilovers, but everyone seems to compliment me on my car. Your car isnt excessively high, but the wheels and tires I could care less for. But who cares? I've had shitty wheels/tires back when I started out, and you know what? I learned how to drive on those. And, they were within my budget back then. But, i learned that shitty tires and crappy wheels have downsides.. they dont stick, they are heavy, etc etc.. so learn your lessons and move on. But the point is still the same, do it for YOURSELF. Read through Zilvia and get ideas stirring.. thats what its about, isnt it?

good luck,
- Mike
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:41 PM   #41
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
That coupe CAN be the shizz with a different owner haha JK! Those damn wheels though,,Id rather rock the stock se's. N1 duals are poop also. Im shure when you get a job youll make it all right .
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:38 PM   #42
axiomatik
Post Whore!

haha, don't worry, I was just joking about the whole 'approval' thing. Frankly, I don't really care what anyone else thinks of my car, I work on it purely for my own satisfaction, not to win anybody's approval. I was merely anticipating the 'monster truck' and 'wheels are neither jdm, forged, nor flush' type of criticisms. I figured I'd acknowledge them ahead of time and let you guys know that I don't care if you make fun of my wheel gap. I'm not out to impress anyone with how much money I've spent on my car, or how jdm it is, I just love driving a great-handling car that happens to look good as well, and if I can improve both, even better.

Last edited by axiomatik; 11-03-2004 at 11:54 PM..
Old 11-04-2004, 01:30 AM   #43
nismo2491
Zilvia FREAK!

nismo2491 is making a name for him/her selfnismo2491 is making a name for him/her self
nbrindley: just like mike said, make the car to suit yourself. but you already know that.
KEvin

Last edited by sykikchimp; 11-05-2004 at 07:52 AM..
nismo2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:56 AM   #44
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
I think the car is okay, but you could have left the "I got mine first" thing out. I got mine as early as you and I am sure 100+ 35year old milfs got them new for their for senior graduation, though you don’t hear them bragging.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:00 AM   #45
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
maybe it's just the net but you come across as really really defensive and slightly confrontational... anyway the car looks nice... needs to be much lower. otherwise :

spoilerless =
two tone =
pig nose =

patch up that chip on the driverside front bumper. the side mounted license plate looks weird without a aftermarket bumper imo.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #46
91rusty240sx
Zilvia Junkie

91rusty240sx is on a distinguished road
the the engine bay looks clean.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 11-05-2004 at 07:52 AM..
91rusty240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:12 PM   #47
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do sleepy eyes, get a factory lip, drop car more via coilovers, paint rims gunmetal or black = Instant JDM TYTE YO!!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #48
Thorpedo
Zilvia Junkie

Thorpedo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Thorpedo
hooray for someone in IOWA. i need to go back to visit. you live on campus or what? btw- like the car...screw what everyone else says...they pour their entire lives into their cars and to me, that makes it not worth it.
hopefully reaching a track sometime this year!
Thorpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:59 PM   #49
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
Do sleepy eyes, get a factory lip, drop car more via coilovers, paint rims gunmetal or black = Instant JDM TYTE YO!!
That's funny, because in the past, I have seriously considered all of the modifications you suggest. However, those are mostly cosmetic upgrades (except the coilovers), and I prefer to do performance upgrades first, otherwise I probably would have done some of those suggestions already. As for the coilovers, I definitely plan on getting some, I've always thought my car sat too high, and I plan on getting into some auto-x this next season.

Thorpedo - actually, I live on the east edge of the city, though my wife is a phd student at the university. let me know if you're ever back in town.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:54 AM   #50
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
overall, nice car man...

is your tint suffering the dreaded purpledyness of old age?

and TurK - do not post immature comments like that in the future. Consider this your warning.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 11-05-2004 at 09:41 AM..
sykikchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:39 PM   #51
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Yeah, the tint is all ancient. The newest piece on there is the driver's window, I replaced that back in '97 or '98, and it has always been a little more purplish than the rest, which is even older, about 10-12 years old. I'm amazed it hasn't blistered yet. The worst part is that the tint in the rear window is kind of fuzzy and my rearview mirror vibrates slightly, making everything out back looks really blurry. It's always amazing when I drive other cars with clear views. Just another item on my list of things to do when I have a job.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:50 PM   #52
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
I like it. oh dude don't lower you car that much please, suspension geomatry is so not stuided enough to go droping your car to the grond because it looks cool. I like the n1 duals i have a single can exhaust now but i want to put the duals on my s14 anyhow nice car.
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #53
seksi240
Leaky Injector

seksi240 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrindley
Yeah, the tint is all ancient. The newest piece on there is the driver's window, I replaced that back in '97 or '98, and it has always been a little more purplish than the rest, which is even older, about 10-12 years old. I'm amazed it hasn't blistered yet. The worst part is that the tint in the rear window is kind of fuzzy and my rearview mirror vibrates slightly, making everything out back looks really blurry. It's always amazing when I drive other cars with clear views. Just another item on my list of things to do when I have a job.
Lol, I know all about that. Driverside, no tint. Passengerside, tint. Hatch, purpleness.
seksi240 is offline   Reply With Quote