Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
your confused.

RARELY are there people on zilvia with a mix of shitty and expensive parts.
If they have expensive wheels you can bet they have decent suspension and supporting mods as well. IE: Most premie members that joined before 08
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A big point which is missed is basic safety! You don't have to do much to break cheap wheels. There's no special trick performed on the track vs the street that a pot hole won't do! Cheap cast tend to crack way easier... This may not be as prevalent in the s chassis community IMHO because of the actual weight of the car vs others like BMW and Z & G! There's plenty examples of why cheap wheels are bad and are broken while DD'ing!
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #63
s-cargo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
s-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipin101 View Post
Lets please talk about the wheels and not my sig dam
your sig is fucking annoying
s-cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #64
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredc View Post
sorry for jumping in, and sorry for the low post count to come out like this, but geez people. they're wheels. I don't understand how people will drop 3k on wheels on a daily driver car that's worth less than 3k. we're driving 20 year old vehicles, with high mileage, that really aren't anything special in the grand scheme of things. Cheap wheels may be prone to self-destruction, but, if you go and hit a huge chuck-hole or something falls out of the back of a truck, and you can't get away from it and have to hit it, therefore, destroying your wheel, any wheel, would you rather it cost 800 bucks to replace, or 150. Sure, rep wheels are stealing designs from manufacturers, but I can't hardly agree with the idea of them stealing the money those reputable manufacturers would be making anyways. People that will buy these 150 buck wheels aren't going to save money for half a year or so to get up enough to buy baller wheels anyway. Sure, there needs to be a middle ground in the wheel business, enkei is the closest i've came across, but they even make wheels in china too. These rep companies surely aren't gonna spend the money to get the certifications, and do the testing that would make their wheels "good" and then offer them for the same low low price.
I really just dont get the hatred towards people that won't blow their hard earned money on a set of crazy expensive metal circles, when there are some other metal circles to be had for alot less money, that may or may not be as good.

I've sorta lost track of all thought, and am just gonna shut up now.
Know how I know your car is shitty?
Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #65
Frostedbutts
Leaky Injector

Frostedbutts is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheel elitism is hilarious, keep fuckin that chicken guys. Do you sit in the cereal aisle at Walmart and yell at the people who buy the store-brand cereal?
Frostedbutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #66
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
No, anyone that sets foot in Wamart is fucking poor.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #67
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Hahaha!
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #68
Danb
Zilvia Member

Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
The story of a guy named Tom .

The days were getting longer and longer. The wheel machines were going slower and slower. My buddy Jim that worked machine beside me commited suicide yesterday and i know the other workers were feeling something bad just like i was. Last night i grabbed my .45 and put the barrel to my head but i just didnt have the courage to do it but jim did. I have been considering seeing psychiatrist for the dreams i have had lately. Just 3 days ago, i dreamed i was dressed in all black at the XXR wheel company with my Ar-15 i had converted to full auto only 10 minutes before with a paper clip. Them leaches stealing our designs and theres NOTHING we can do about it said the goverment officals and FBI agents. Every one at the plant says nothing during lunch and everyone retuens silently to their machines afterwards. We used to play two hand touch football after our shifts were over but now, nobody goes. I guess one good thing is that my utility bill has been alot cheaper since im sitting in the dark alone more than ever now. i wish there was something i could about it, i wish i could figure out a way to raise our overall annual profits back up to 120% versus 89.5%.

I did however find a forum online called zilvia.net, Full of people that are waiting for us to pull our cocks andlet them suck em good. Maybe ill just quit worrying about what XXR is doing because overall, they must sell 20 sets to our 1 set to make the profit we are. *sigh* life isnt tooo bad afterall.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #69
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
expensive wheels are a fanboy thing hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #70
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Excuses and criticizing quality parts is a peasant thing.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #71
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

oh man lol you're cold as ice

To stay somewhat on topic, I've never heard of this brand before and I have nothing against what someone chooses to put on their own car. However, I do believe it's unfair for a company to put R&D into a product and have it blatantly stolen.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #72
Zilvia Member

3411 is an unknown quantity at this point
This tread is funny I dont have a problem running fake wheels on
My dd but I would never put any stress on them I plan on running rays on my z32

There's no point in running works On ur single cam s13 with god speed coils . Also u should be shot if ur in a 350z with rotas

Sometimes the car doesnt warrent 3k wheels

I do find it wrong when the owner can afford real n goes fake as well as , the car being a show quality car with fake wheels
3411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #73
Frostedbutts
Leaky Injector

I can't tell if My Little Pony guy is trolling or if he really holds that opinion.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #74
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostedbutts View Post
I can't tell if My Little Pony guy is trolling or if he really holds that opinion.
Look at his join date and post count and re evaluate the situation.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #75
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Serial troller
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #76
Frostedbutts
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Look at his join date and post count and re evaluate the situation.
Is his join date or post count supposed to be an indication of whether he's allowed to troll or not? Maybe I'm missing the point here.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #77
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The major problem that I see with these fake wheels is that when they fail they brake into pieces instead of bending, so if you're driving along the highway, on a spirited drive or whatever and one of these wheels decides to go you're fkd... With high quality wheels you're not going to have that problem b/c the metal has been tested by the manufacturer to make sure they are NOT putting your life and the life of others into harms way.

If you wanna go with cheaper wheels the Enkeis and 5zigens are great quality, look great and are very affordable. You can even find quality USED wheels for around the same price if need be.

If you're buying $500 sets of wheels and hope they'll be good enough for a daily you're fooling yourself. Sure it'll be cheap to replace a $150 wheel, but what about the damage that will occur due to that $150 wheel? When your medical bill arives or when you have to buy a whole new car b/c of that damn wheel than you'll think twice about buying cheap parts again.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #78
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Excuses and criticizing quality parts is a peasant thing.
how low class are you calling other people peasants? please. go snuggle with your pocket Pomeranian while you have some poor sap clean its shit from the gucci bag you tote it around in.

we all bleed the same color cupcake. unless you think otherwise, in which case i'd gladly like to show you that you're wrong.

wheels are wheels. some look good, some are ugly, some fit well and others dont. no need to be flashy on a car thats 20+ years old now.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #79
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Once upon a time in 240sx land, people actually cared what they put on their cars, and knock offs where yet to be invented, so people shelled out hard earned cash and enjoyed their cars parked at the curb, daily driven, or even tracked..

Cars is an expensive hobby, it should never be a cheap hobby, if money is a problem, perhaps one should consider other hobbies instead.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #80
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
how low class are you calling other people peasants? please. go snuggle with your pocket Pomeranian while you have some poor sap clean its shit from the gucci bag you tote it around in.

we all bleed the same color cupcake. unless you think otherwise, in which case i'd gladly like to show you that you're wrong.

wheels are wheels. some look good, some are ugly, some fit well and others dont. no need to be flashy on a car thats 20+ years old now.
Cliffs: On that welfare tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Once upon a time in 240sx land, people actually cared what they put on their cars, and knock offs where yet to be invented, so people shelled out hard earned cash and enjoyed their cars parked at the curb, daily driven, or even tracked..
Many moon ago....
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #81
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
I enjoy cars with HKS parts, ARC this, Tomei that, Volk and Advan wheels.. you have to see it first hand to appreciate it. but I tend to think that the younger crowd or those who weren't really involved in the tuning scene very long could care less about brand name parts (especially those who make their daily drivers look like drift missiles because its cool).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhndkjCir6k
Can you imagine this on rotas? maybe but it wouldn't have been as classy.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #82
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
It doesn't matter how old people are, how long they've been into cars, or even what car they have, the majority of people will always gravitate towards the lowest common denominator.

Check out BMW boards and how many people with brand new M3's want Varstoenns/Avant Garde/VMR etc. even though they're probably way shittier than the stock wheels. People always go cheap.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #83
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
It doesn't matter how old people are, how long they've been into cars, or even what car they have, the majority of people will always gravitate towards the lowest common denominator.

Check out BMW boards and how many people with brand new M3's want Varstoenns/Avant Garde/VMR etc. even though they're probably way shittier than the stock wheels. People always go cheap.
Average people, yes.

Enthusiasts, no.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #84
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shitty Rotas exploded while cruising(Got them with the car). Don't buy fake parts. If we don't support reputable company's how will they ever finance research for new innovative parts? If your financially challenged save them little rupees till you can afford it.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #85
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
god another one of these threads. it always starts off normal then just goes off the cliff with the brand name snobs calling everyone else unwashed peasants.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #86
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
I love this bullshit about "back in the day when it was PURE"
really? because most of "us" from back in the day ran junkyard wheels, with janky tunes...cause there wasnt shit else out there. And the ones that are saying this probably dont even remember simon...
dickbags.

Then I love how the ones who live in their moms basement, and drive a ragged assed 240....and dont help pay rent, sit and talk about why by cheap and they have 3k wheels on their car....that their mom's bought them for christmas. or they saved a bit of cash (see "just spent my full tax return")
You cockbags, stop pretending you make more than the rest of the 240sx drivers.
...........bet on top of that "yours" is an s13 hahahahaha
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #87
s-cargo
Zilvia Member

s-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choicess-cargo has made poor choices
what alot of people that buy knock offs dont realize is they could have bought used quality wheels for the same price lol
for 1300 i bought a set of 17x9+12 gram lights with perfect toyo ra1s AND 2 sets of rt615s for spares.. not a single scratch on the wheels.
you might say this doesnt help the wheel mfg out, but in truth the person i bought em off went and copped some work vsxx with the money... as the word turns....

but bet my 700$ convertible drift beater will have some pos wheels lol
s-cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #88
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Average people, yes.

Enthusiasts, no.
true that

Its about respect for the legends and innovators.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #89
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Useless argument is useless.

I don't see the point in getting heated over wheels or brand parts anymore. People are going to buy what they are going to buy.

For the most part wheels of a high end category weren't really marketed to people who feel $1,000 is to expensive for a set of wheels. These people would have either stayed on stockies, run an old used set of decent wheels, or buy chinese/taiwan wheels.

That has been the case for a lot longer than just '08. Shit has always been like that in every segments of car culture.

Of course there have been those who have money or the determination to save for the parts they seem of high quality and worth the expense. Brand loyalist have been around a lot longer than the S-Chassis has that's for sure.

Though personal attacks on people simply because they don't share the same view, bank account figures, or brand of wheel is much worse than buying some shitty knock-off.

Don't argue the whole "they're going out of business because of knock-offs" bs too. There are more reasons for a business to go broke than simple competition. It's expected in the business world, it just depends if your business model is strong enough to stay in business.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #90
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
In the end of the day for the most part we got people bitchin' on whose gonna kiss my ass on a set of wheels for a 17+ year old car; shit like this pop up like every other wheel thread smdh.