Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
forsaken

Trader Rating: (0)
forsaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to forsaken
Car Stolen!

Hey all,

My car got stolen in Berkeley last night. It is a 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe Dark Green. It is dumped on 16" gold SSR formula mesh wheels. Dent on right rear quarter panel, some peeling clear coat on the rear bumper. Black Sparco Speed on driver side. Mods include a Blitz SBC i-D Boost controller, old school apexi intake, custom dp, tein he's, alpine deck, greddy shift knob, c's shortshifter, so if you guys see any of that stuff for sale please let me know. Please keep an eye out for anything, especially the rarer stuff like the shortshifter and the wheels.
forsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
hope you recover your car soon man!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
That is weak.. good luck getting it back.
Low Jack

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I'm never moving to California
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel sorry for u... hope u can get yr car back sooner
AllenRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
This remineds me of my best friend. He is a retard. In 9th grade he stole a peice of crap faded doodo-brown Dodge Omni. The funny thing was he drove it around for two weeks, he thought it was his car. I go to house and he's in the car armoraling the dash of that peice of crap as if it was his new car. After two weeks of driving, he parked on the side of the street in a neighborhood near our school. Once school was over, he goes to the car, and as soon as he touches the door handle, three cops come running from out the woods. He had blood coming down his head from being smacked with a bigass Maglight. Which the cops got introuble for, and he got off on a lesser charger. I thought that insedent was funny as crap, and it aplies to your situation aswell. Think about it as this, those thives best case senerio: they get to drive for two weeks, the get smacked by a maglight, and you get your car back, plus comission.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
AAA240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AAA240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I park my car at a train station here in Bartlett, IL. and some mufflucker has tried to break into it. you can see a screwdriver was being jammed into the rear hatch key lock and driver's side key hole. assholes.

i hate people who try n deprive people of what they WORK for. damn monkey terdz. but good luck forsaken on the car, I'll keep an eye out for the parts online...
Old 05-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #8
chokudoriS13
Zilvia FREAK!

chokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her selfchokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to chokudoriS13
Is this the same car I saw a "heads-up" post for on Craigslist?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:42 AM   #9
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
"Battleship Celica Darkvader" 's Never get stollen.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #10
jy116
Zilvia Addict

jy116 is making a name for him/her selfjy116 is making a name for him/her self
yeh, his frend posted on Craigslist too... man i feel like i was robbed too! I was just sitting in that car a few days ago dammit! I hate theives... no honor or respect... too bad if u shoot em, u go to jail [know sumone who did]... KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE BASTARDS!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
forsaken

yea that was the same thing on craigslist. and the other post about a stolen coupe is the same too, heh my friend went a little overboard... thanks for the condolences tho.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #12
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks...hope you recover your car.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #13
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
I'm never moving to California
its not just cali its starting to happen all over the country. The more popular our cars get the more they are targets. I fee bad for the guy, but you have to realize, that the guy had some nice parts on the car that were in plain site, i.e. the seats and wheels. For most kid car thieves, thats enough to take the car. Especially in Berkeley which is right next to Oakland i.e. lots of barrio/ ghetto thieves. Plain and simple people, if your going to put expensive parts on your car and park it outside you need to get at least a crazy alarm and most likely the real deal Low Jack!! At least with Low Jack the cops can track the car and catch the thieves in a timely manner and possibly recover your car intact.
anyways my condolences to the guy.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #14
forsaken

Already posted this in the other thread, but I should do it here too. My car was found in Newark, CA completely stripped. Motor, suspension, wheels, interior, everything gone. As of now Im done with the 240 world. I really dont like the way its gone in the past few years and I dont really want to go back to it.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #15
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ that's funny, all the cars on the east coast that get stolen end up in Newark, NJ stripped.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #16
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
ill keep an eye out for it man, i feel your pain....sigh

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #17
forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4vech3n
^^ that's funny, all the cars on the east coast that get stolen end up in Newark, NJ stripped.
heh, i was thinking of that too when i was posting that... but get this, they left ONE wheel
Old 05-09-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
ZenkiNinja
Zilvia Member

ZenkiNinja is making a name for him/her selfZenkiNinja is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiNinja
Really sucks, i dunno what I would do if this happned to me. but ey the wold is a cruel place
ZenkiNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:08 AM   #19
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken
Hey all,

My car got stolen in Berkeley last night. It is a 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe Dark Green. It is dumped on 16" gold SSR formula mesh wheels. Dent on right rear quarter panel, some peeling clear coat on the rear bumper. Black Sparco Speed on driver side. Mods include a Blitz SBC i-D Boost controller, old school apexi intake, custom dp, tein he's, alpine deck, greddy shift knob, c's shortshifter, so if you guys see any of that stuff for sale please let me know. Please keep an eye out for anything, especially the rarer stuff like the shortshifter and the wheels.
Sorry to hear about your car bro. If by chance the police should happen to recover it, kindly ask the officer that notifies you that your car's been recovered if you can get your car checked for fingerprints. Also call the detective that's assigned your case & ask him the same thing...if you can get your car checked for fingerprints. It has been my experience that if you car wasn't stolen just for joyriding, then it was stolen specifically for stuff on or in your car, body kit / rims & tires / stereo etc. Check all the pawn shops in the area along with the newspapers, Recycler/Autotrader etc for that area. Most criminals are stupid...they will either keep the stuff for themselves & use it on their car, sell it to a pawnshop or advertise it somewhere for quick cash.
If the cops ARE able to recover fingerprints off your car, then there is a good chance that they might be able to find the dirtbag that stole your car in the first place. Just make sure you followup with the detective every so often & ask him about the results of the fingerprint search.
Hope this helps...
ID
PD Crime Scene Tech
Old 05-14-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
sciamop
Zilvia Member

sciamop is making a name for him/her selfsciamop is making a name for him/her self
kindly ask the officer that notifies you that your car's been recovered if you can get your car checked for fingerprints.

It's a sad fucking state of affairs when the VICTIM has to badger the police to do their job...

My CBR600 was stolen several years ago and I'm still pissed about it. I remember my conversation with the detective:

Him: "Forget about it. It's a write-off -- call you insurance company and let them handle it."

Me: "I didn't have theft coverage on the bike."

Him: "..."

It would be nice if law enforcement vigorously policed these sorts of crimes. Unfortunately, car theft is very low on most agencies' agendas: Terror and Drugs are much bigger federal/state funded cash cows.

Although I do pay $10 per year 'Law Enforcement Fee" through my insurance, I seriously wonder where that money goes...

Todd
93 Coupe
91 SE-R

Last edited by sciamop; 05-14-2005 at 10:51 AM..
sciamop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:31 AM   #21
idlafie
Zilvia Addict

idlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to beholdidlafie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciamop
It's a sad fucking state of affairs when the VICTIM has to badger the police to do their job...
That's not it....there is sooooo much shit going around & not enough money/resources to handle it that the cops are too busy running around trying to handle stuff incident by incident. Unfortunately there will never be enough money or cops to handle it all. People throughout history have always been doing stupid shit, regardless of the existence of laws. Cops can only do so much....
Quote:
It would be nice if law enforcement vigorously policed these sorts of crimes.
Unfortunately, car theft is very low on most agencies' agendas: Terror and Drugs are much bigger federal/state funded cash cows.
Cops DO investigate these sort of crimes...problem is, they need evidence to take to court. Remember your Civics/Government class and your Constitutional rights. The accused have the right to hear the evidence against them. Even though a cop can take the results of a criminal investigation to a District Attorney and ask for a prosecution, ULTIMATELY it's up to the District Attorney to file a case. No evidence, or not enough evidence...no case. And even after a case has been filed by the District Attorney, a judge can still toss a case. Somebody was asleep in their Civics/Government class that day eh?? hahahha....

Crimes against people will ALWAYS get priority over crimes against property. You can replace a car.....you can't replace a life.
Quote:
Although I do pay $10 per year 'Law Enforcement Fee" through my insurance, I seriously wonder where that money goes...
Todd
93 Coupe
91 SE-R
Then ask!!!....Worse thing that you can allow to happen to you is to let your local State legistator write a bill & expect you to pay for it. Taxation without Representation.....All that $10 bucks is doing is making the insurance industry richer....Go raise some hell!!

Anyhow, that's my opinion....it may be wrong or right at the moment or it may change later but I'm entitled to one....that's what make America so great.

ID
Crime Scene Tech

PS:
Cliff notes: Car gets stolen...ask for fingerprints when found. Followup with detective every so often. Detective CANT track every case NOR is results of evidence testing available immediately, but with time answers come in. Just be patient and remember to followup.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #22
Eternal_240Sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Eternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her selfEternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well theres a car thief thread in the local section maybe you want to read.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=81971