Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
tprsilvia

Trader Rating: (0)
tprsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just moved to West Pittsburgh area.

Like the title says, I just moved to the West Pitt area, and was looking for a good tuner in the area. I saw on another topic some had something about Hydrid Dynamics, and I will go take a look at them, but they seem a bit further than I wanted to drive/tow my car for some work. Anyone know of any places on this side of town?

Also have been looking into the emissions laws around here. What all do they check for on the visual inspection. I don't have a cat, which is an easy enough fix for a day, but I am running full 3" exhaust from the turbo back, open wastegate dump pipes, standalone, 725cc injectors. I noticed someone mentioned about having the less than 5000 miles, do they write down to odometer readings each year or however often it needs checked? If it will be to complicated I will just leave the car titled back in Ohio.

Thanks for the help.
tprsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
yeah i actually have my emissions/state inspection lisences, if you stay under the 5000 allowed miles per year thne you will get excempt from the emissions inspection but not the state inspection. for the state inspection, it really depends on if the guy inspecting it is a dick or not (they can fail you for aftermarket exhaust...not just no cat, non oem front fenders, pcv system not hooked up properly, non dot apporved brake lines, lots of rust on the frame rails, tinted windows, ect...Pa sucks dude) my built rhd S13 and rhd S14 had no problems getting inspected back before i got my liscences because the place was cool. just find a chill place and make sure that they wont have to over look to many things to make it pass...the less likely they are to get in trouble for passing you, they more likely they will be to pass you.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
tprsilvia

Trader Rating: (0)
tprsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks for the info. I might just leave it titled in ohio, make things easier.
tprsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote