Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Long.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Long. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Any skimboarders/surfers/bodyboarders on here?

Any Zilvians skimboard, surf, or sponge on here?
I started skimming and I'm picking up on it fairly quickly. Just wanted to see if there's anyone who share the same interest as I do.. let's paddle (err - or ride) out sometime if we do!
Oh yeah the reason I asked is cause my skim buddy is leaving to Hawaii for a year so I don't wanna roll out to the beach alone after, haha.

Last edited by Long.; 08-04-2009 at 01:10 AM..
Long. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There are tons of Cali people on here...gotta be a surfer dude/chick in there somewhere haha. I've tried surfing a few times on the east coast, but the tiny waves are frustrating when learning on a long board.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
KoukiKeith
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
KoukiKeith is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I surf a good bit buddy ............ but Im in Ireland! I get out a good bit in Winter, its wild then but summer's pretty sh#t for it! Used to sponge a bit when I was younger too.

What boards ye guys riding? Il try and get up some pics of my selection, Ive a quad fish, mini mal and longboard so Im pretty much covered for every type of wave

Anyone going on any surf hols? Im going to portugal in a month for 2 weeks of non stop ridin'
KoukiKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
S14Cuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
S14Cuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14Cuhh
ive been surfing twice a week..still suck tho

and js got bit by a stingray FML
S14Cuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
boozels
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
boozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I surfed yesterday.
I must go out at least twice a week.

Sport of kings my friends..
I'm pissed i missed the epic swell 2 weeks ago due to asb tho.

What spots do ya'll like to go to???

t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com
boozels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Long.
Leaky Injector

I don't surf, although I'm interested in learning. I picked up skimming and I'm almost ready to wrap some waves. Boozels you missed the epic waves at the Wedge on the 24th/25th. They were pumping 20-25ft'ers on occasion. I heard on YouTube that one bodyboarder died from being washed into the jetty, broke his neck and drowned. Sad..

But yeah I hit up G St. in Newport, it's right in the middle between Balboa Pier and the Wedge. Perfect skim conditions for me.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
sparkyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sparkyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i do a little of skimming very fun
sparkyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
Bobadrift
Leaky Injector

Bobadrift is an unknown quantity at this point
I surf and bodyboard. Going to Hawaii in the next couple months but doubt there will be waves as those only show up in the winter. Sucks for me, but hopefully there's a storm or something while I'm out there.
Bobadrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I surf and bodyboard but I suck at it. might go out this weekend.

oh yeah, I have a couple of LB Foamis if anybody wants to head out and learn. and yeah I am not gay, just want to spread the ALOHA
HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
my friends just got a me skimboard for my bday two weekends ago. that was also the last time i surfed, with my friend's 6'10 board, and the first time out in 2 years. we were at hb state beach that day and the waves were friggen huge, like 12-15 easily! we could barely even get out past the mids. it got so bad that the lifeguards were calling everyone out of the water. lol...

unfortunately, i had to sell my old 10' woodie a couple years back because i needed the money.

so this whole skimboard thing is totally new to me. anyone wanna help me learn how to ride this sumbitch? lol
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I used to bodyboard in newport but I'm not that good at it. Learned one summer with my cousin and then stopped doing it when I moved back to San Diego.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
Long.
Leaky Injector

dert420sx - hit up Skim Online: Skim School for the tutorials.
It's pretty sick and fun when you start off and get the hang of it. IMO consistency is the key for me. Don't get discouraged when you eat shit the first few times, you'll only improve. BTW what kinda skimboard did you get?

I was hoping there'd be a semi-pro or something that could teach me a few tricks to step up my skim, haha.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long. View Post
dert420sx - hit up Skim Online: Skim School for the tutorials.
It's pretty sick and fun when you start off and get the hang of it. IMO consistency is the key for me. Don't get discouraged when you eat shit the first few times, you'll only improve. BTW what kinda skimboard did you get?

I was hoping there'd be a semi-pro or something that could teach me a few tricks to step up my skim, haha.

awesome. thanks for the link, i will definitely read up. i did try it out a bit when we couldnt surf anymore due to the lifeguards clearing the water. i ate so much sand on that thing. i was thinking that it should have been waxed because my feet kept sliding off it completely. im a total noob! lol

as far as what kind of board, i'm not sure. my friends got it for me but it did have a cool design on the top with the letters M&S. could that stand for Maui & Sons?

nevermind...googled it. it is Maui & Sons. pic from google of my board:

is this board any good?
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
i want to learn all of the above. wish i had more free time though

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
always wanted to learn how to do this. maybe someday I'll give it a go

11:11 333
Sileighty_DRFT89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
Long.
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dert420sx View Post
pic from google of my board:

is this board any good?
I've never heard of the brand, but since it's a wooden skimboard (great beginnger boards), they should all be the same. You'll want to upgrade soon if you start getting the hang of it and want to reach the ocean and ride some waves. I'm currently rockin a Victoria Foamie board, bought it off craigslist for $100 with traction pads and everything. A cheap route to traction pads would be waxxing your board. It's a few bucks and a good investment cause it'll allow you to grip onto your board more without falling. Slipping on your own board is pretty damn dangerous to me, haha.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
jdmstar69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdmstar69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i skim at newport wit my cousin almost every weekend...i got a maui skimmers board
jdmstar69 is offline   Reply With Quote