Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #121
REDBULLDRIFTING

Trader Rating: (1)
REDBULLDRIFTING is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I second that, Eric bias to throw us all off, I sense an employee tag on his shirt when he replied.

If D1/HIN couldn't afford to create the previous experience at Irwindale, they should think again, fans will face out of the event. I don't think money is the issue why the show sucks, it's just disorganized, if they know well that events at FD are contradicting D1, HIN should accomodate by planning wisely to get good drivers in the show to compete with D1 Japanese drivers, what's the sense of having a D1 license anyways if you just let novice drivers compete with seasoned drivers like Kuma who owns a track at his own backyard! And besides, D1/HIN should offer great incentives for drivers to cover their drifting damages. This looks like the end of D1 for me, unless the Japanese D1 organizers run it again, I'll think twice.

But overall, the show sucks and will not come back anymore, what a waste of time and money, could have seen Pacquiao fight and party instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
Your opionion is bias because you work for the D1GP

But your right the tandem was awesome

Drift box was a complete fail. They just need 3 reputable judges and maybe use some input from the "drift box" for their decision.

Everyone knows that if a Formula D driver runs in D1 they can't compete in any other Formula D events. Formula D was boycotting the D1GP in a way.
REDBULLDRIFTING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #122
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
It was a fun time for me, i got to see drifting and some badass drifters out there. If D1 had another even in SOCAL i would still attend it regardless of how bad this one was. There's only room or improvement from here on out.

MADDOX SUX!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #123
lyrical struggle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
lyrical struggle is making a name for him/her selflyrical struggle is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Everyone knows that if a Formula D driver runs in D1 they can't compete in any other Formula D events. Formula D was boycotting the D1GP in a way.
That's not exactly true. Formula D asks all of their drivers to give a two week notice before you plan on competing in another series or else you will be fined. They recognize it is the wrong approach to completely boycott a competing series i.e. the D1GP vs. FD fiasco at Red Bull last November.

Its been said NUMEROUS times before that it was bad planning over all to book an event the weekend before another one when most teams needed to leave today to make it across country for practice Thursday in Atlanta.

In order for D1 to get the U.S. best drivers back is to have the events in February and December again like in years past which is FD's offseason.

D1 Japan needs to release the cobra clutch they have on D1 U.S. to allow them to put on a successful event.
lyrical struggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #124
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
what was the FD/Red Bull fiasco?

Red bull was my favorite event by far!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #125
bobalacs13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bobalacs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bobalacs13
drift box sucks balls
bobalacs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #126
lyrical struggle
Zilvia Member

lyrical struggle is making a name for him/her selflyrical struggle is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
what was the FD/Red Bull fiasco?

Red bull was my favorite event by far!!!!

Formula D recognized that in order to have a true "world finals" D1 drivers HAD to be in attendance. An invitation was issued to D1 to get three or four of their top drivers.

D1 initially accepted this offer and agreed to send Daigo Saito along with a few other guys but backed out shortly before the event started and instructed their drivers not to accept the invitation.

I may be wrong but i think the only guy that came was Ueo but he had aspirations to drive in FD in 09.

Regardless i love drifting and i enjoy it rather its at Adams or at D1. I hope they treat this as constructive criticism and plan a better event after a year and a half hiatus from D1 on American shores.
lyrical struggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #127
zenkicookies
Zilvia Member

zenkicookies is on the path to ruinzenkicookies is on the path to ruin
i got so fuckin bored i left early.. end.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #128
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
i think a few things gotta change before Drifting progesses as a SPORT.

1. Prize money- Wether its FD/D1 5k payous are HORRIBLE, for what these teams/guys spend just to make a car ready let alone travel to compete.

2. GET NEW FACES!- D1 has been great in helping the grassroots guy get into the spotlight, sure maybe not everyone is ready for it, but hey thats what qualifying is for.

3.KEEP DRIFTING FUN!-
most of the fans do have a knowledge of what they are watching, so wether its a D1/FD sponsored event and host a damn driver search to train with a pro driver/team. it keeps everyone BIG and SMALL involved in the sport.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #129
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_runner View Post
Glad I didnt go, Went to INLAND DRIFT, had a full day of track time, went through 6 tires, had the track to myself, and to top it off they had TAKATORI, a real D1 driver come out and test and tune his s13 with a superchargedVQ, glad i didnt go, it seems like D1 had lost its meaning in the US
I went to Inland Drift too, so I missed Takatori?? Dang it!!!
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #130
tanks13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
tanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tanks13 Send a message via Yahoo to tanks13
it was aight i got in for free so that was dope.

security didnt let me thru even thought i was media i had to park way the fuck out there i didnt really care thought it was free.

the day before all vip and media were getting free food and water then five buck for some boot leg fiji water shit i think it was called viti.

the cool part was i saw nick hogan that asshole.

we saw all the gumbal car they were dope, the hondas with the reverse lambo doors there was a dope riced out one thought the red one withthte big ass tv was pretty clean.

TEAM ORANGE on friday there qualifing runs were dope ass fuck.

namura ken he was dope just chillen there say amburgers and team orange just making fun of my friend was dope cause of his ears.

overall its was a 3 outta 10 will i go ever again hell yeah and you know half of you would too.

so stop bitching no one forced any one to go.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #131
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

Forest Wang is serious business.
agreed,
how long has he been drifting?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #132
cornloaf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (55)
cornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nicecornloaf is just really nice
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cornloaf
shittiest event ever!! what ever happened to events like GT Live? that was the best event i ever went to. i had been looking forward to this for months. got there at 11 and left by 1. weak.
cornloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #133
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Im glad to see a new track. irwindale got real boring real fast. it seems they tried to bring the fans as close as they could to optimize an overal fun factor for the fans and attending audience, and as much as people dont like hin or dub shows or what have you, they still have a higher fan turn-out than d1 or fd,just look at nopi most of their fans go for the after party for a chance to dance on some fat back in the foam pit or get a glimpse of a neon green thong. maybe this was an attempt to attract more fans to the sport? i had four local middled aged die hard angels fans that heard about the event, they never knew what drifting was but they still went and had a blast, sure they didnt know what the concept of the sport was or how to pronunce alot of the drivers names, but they said they would go again if the show was put on again,. maybe the organizers dont care for the die hard drifting fans, maybe they were trying to publicize the sport? or lure in a new fan base? eh im sure the event will return next year with a larger fan turn-out. who knows maybe you might get lucky enough to see that thong. hahahahaha
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #134
SR20DET_RPS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
SR20DET_RPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SR20DET_RPS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Who was cool enough to be with us to cause havoc in the back corner?

hahaha if ur talking about the stands infront of the horse shoes, yes

Drift box sux.

that commentator was all up on forrest wangs nuts
Kuma had a better line

it sux, good thing i got there at 3:20 just in time for the tsuiso
SR20DET_RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #135
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
i think a few things gotta change before Drifting progesses as a SPORT.

1. Prize money- Wether its FD/D1 5k payous are HORRIBLE, for what these teams/guys spend just to make a car ready let alone travel to compete.
i think riley has a good point but i believe the sport has to sell out in order to make real money like other profitable professional motorsports
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #136
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Your opionion is bias because you work for the D1GP

But your right the tandem was awesome

Drift box was a complete fail. They just need 3 reputable judges and maybe use some input from the "drift box" for their decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULLDRIFTING View Post
I second that, Eric bias to throw us all off, I sense an employee tag on his shirt when he replied.
Uh yeah. Eric doesn't work for D1. He VOLUNTEERED...
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #137
kidbandikoot
Zilvia Member

kidbandikoot is making a name for him/her selfkidbandikoot is making a name for him/her self
on a different note i saw a clean ass x-runner (tacoma) lowered on sums rays sooooo clean
kidbandikoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #138
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by buku_points View Post
i think riley has a good point but i believe the sport has to sell out in order to make real money like other profitable professional motorsports

unfortunately for the sport i think your right as well
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #139
silvialove
Zilvia Member

silvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nice
The highlight of my day...
silvialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #140
jay c. sagano
Leaky Injector

jay c. sagano will become famous soon enoughjay c. sagano will become famous soon enoughjay c. sagano will become famous soon enoughjay c. sagano will become famous soon enoughjay c. sagano will become famous soon enough
D1 Grand Prix of JAPAN was never involved in this event. This event held by the US organizer with entire new coordinators. They only paid the name `D1 GP of USA` just to use for this event.
ONLY one coordinator whom works for the D1 GP of Japan brought those 5 drivers from Japan.
Believe me, they took the next day flight and went back .....

Hell, D1 Street Legal event was better than this one....
jay c. sagano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #141
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
WOW.... I guess I didn't miss much.

Riley I think before end of year a grassroots event will give out same prize money as FD.....lol 5k??

I agree, more money needs to be put up, fo sho.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #142
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man hope they get their shit together.... i was kind excited to go to Chi-town... but not aymore..

crossing my fingers that miami is better... if not then i'm canceling my tickets
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #143
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
Ya a 5k prize is so funny. Like some drivers just spent 5k on transporting their cars to the event. But when you think about it there are making incredible money off their sponsors and i don't think they really care about the winnings at the end.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #144
xknowonex
BANNED

xknowonex is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of the commentator, it was hilarious how he kept saying that the drivers were "sucking it up" as they were closing in on each other"

Day 1 Qualifying / Practice

More

http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...-on-track.html

Day 2 Main Event

More

The Perfect Exposure: D1GP Anaheim 2009 Drift Competiton On Track Coverage Part III of III Pit Zone

Pitzone

More

The Perfect Exposure: D1GP Anaheim 2009 Drift Competiton On Track Coverage Part III of III Pit Zone
xknowonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #145
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Honestly if they are going to combine D1 with any event...it should be like the one in 2004 I think it was. D1GP Allstars where it was japan vs. US, and the JGTC race also, along with Tokyo Auto Salon.

This is not at all what d1 was brought up to be. I would have much rather waited another year or two for a better event and better location.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #146
zenki240sx
Zilvia Member

zenki240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice.. now i'm relieved. I didn't goto D1 because the Pacman Hitman Fight was on. But it looks like i didn't miss out on much. Hope the next ones better, cus i miss D1. I haven't been since 06
zenki240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #147
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
best moments from commentator:
"cody parkhouse running an LS1"
"toyota sawyer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #148
silvialove
Zilvia Member

silvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nice
^^ Think I found some new wallpapers.
Very nice shots
silvialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #149
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I don't know where to begin, so I'll just discuss my two biggest issues with this event

1) The fucking atm was outside of the venue and they were not allowing re-entry! WTF is that all about? How am I supposed to get ripped off with your outrageous prices if I can't get cash?

2) No beer........ I needed it to pretty up some of the models there.

Edit: oh yeah, and $15 dollar parking. They charged half of what the event cost just to park....................
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #150
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
ok, i'm gonna suggest something wild.....

maybe........

instead of bitching about it on an internet forum, we should all take 2 minutes and send an email to the event organizers to let them know how seriously effed up the event was and how disappointed we all are...

alot of ppl in this thread have made some good points, but alot of ppl fail to realize that this event was "d1" only in name.

go write your congressman.

i'll make sure to smuggle in extra sodas and water to the miami event and start my own little black market.

who's in?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote