Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 07-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
TKK-ORANGEtang
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TKK-ORANGEtang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
japanese goods

any japanese ppl on here sell things from japan?
TKK-ORANGEtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
agrrreeeddd lemme get some stuff
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Like what?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
yamaneko

Trader Rating: (0)
yamaneko is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problem is
everyone is looking for people to get stuff for them in japan and expect them to work for free.
people in japan knows that it's a hassle to buy parts and ship them so they want a high fee.
so what's left are people still looking for parts
yamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #5
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alot of exported parts are cheaper in the U.S
Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
Epic.Movement
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Epic.Movement is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OP didnt say it had to be car related. asianfoodgrocer . i buy about 50$ worth of shit each month. mostly candy
Epic.Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:21 AM   #7
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
someone in japan needs to hook it up with the 7 star cigarettes. its totally legal to ship a carton as a "gift" to the us. i can't get them anywhere, and i want the taste of jdm tar and nicotine in my lungs before i quit smoking.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
TKK-ORANGEtang
Zilvia Member

yea it doesnt have to b car related as long as its something crazy n differnt from wat we have out here
Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
Sam_Well.13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
Sam_Well.13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my auntie lives in tokyo. and ive been tryin to get part from here to ship here, but she said shipping is such a hassle and price of shipping is a bit high...busy lady aswell.
Sam_Well.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I know a few americans that might be willing to ship some stuff... unless you specifically want it from japanese people...

Quote:
yea it doesnt have to b car related as long as its something crazy n differnt from wat we have out here
like Georgia coffee
Old 08-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaneko View Post
problem is
everyone is looking for people to get stuff for them in japan and expect them to work for free.
people in japan knows that it's a hassle to buy parts and ship them so they want a high fee.
so what's left are people still looking for parts

could have not said it any better. I still think a majority of people think $1=100¥ and that was the open market prices. right now if your even lucky to get any decent exchange rate your looking at $1=84¥ and that is open market price before banks ask for the their cut in a -5points on the open market. Shitty banks and scammers at the airports outside of japan get -10-15points off the market. I have seen some down wright shady credit cards do an open float on the prices and taken -15points negative + also 20% interest on currency rates. fuc******ers........

banks are no better when trading currency and you really have to make sure you work with the right FOREX department at the bank and not your local branch since the local branch has no clue what is standard or multiplied rate.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
c72c
Zilvia Addict

^^^ agreed. I don't bother keeping up with then $-¥ unless I'm spending over ¥10000. Between international rates when using cards, base rates, local rates, restaurant rates... you get my point... it gets annoying.

people in the states buying parts from private sellers in japan is just as much hassle as (mil) people in japan buying stuff from the states. different reasons, same hassle.
The way i see it, if you're willing to help me out, i'll help you out...
Old 08-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
if someone can help me buy some toys from japan, i would be most grateful! or even help me decipher the pages to order or find out if they will ship internationally...the translate button can only do so much =\
Old 08-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #14
racer98
Post Whore!

racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
if someone can help me buy some toys from japan, i would be most grateful! or even help me decipher the pages to order or find out if they will ship internationally...the translate button can only do so much =\
99% of yj does not ship out and when they do bend over.

I will not name the place that I'm talking about but they will only quote ocean rate CBM. and when you get the item in the usa via ocean , if you want to talk about robbery then that would be the place

example inland freight for one item is about 10,000 yen in Honshu, but once you talk about oki or hikido then your talking some serious add on's now the kicker is the safety dance they do on the japan side at the LCL fright company once you get done with that your talking about 50,000 yen just for handing , 50,000 yen for customs paper work , and base ocean rate once you get it in the usa you're looking at about nearly $1,800 in fees. call me out about it as much as you want you get really screwed with shipping.

couple of times been quoted $200 for shipping but when it gets here when your done with all of the laundry list of fees then it will get expensive.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
c72c
Zilvia Addict

^^true...again.

I payed ¥11000 for shipping a set of f/g fenders from mainland to oki.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #16
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
not talking about yahoo auctions, but an actual online store in japan...i cant tell if they ship internationally and the translate button can only go so far...can anyone just translate to see if they do ship internationally? =)

linkie: http://translate.google.com/translat...off%26prmd%3Dv
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #17
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
^^true...again.

I payed ¥11000 for shipping a set of f/g fenders from mainland to oki.
Thing's are very very expensive now and also in short supply in japan. Makes me wonder how a company like up-garrage can get the financial backing it has had and still stay in business the way it does.

Oh - no return policy and u bought it's your problem
Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
racer98
Post Whore!

Holy crap as of today $1=82YEN that said if you pay with a credit card take -10 points off of that or even more.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer98 View Post
Holy crap as of today $1=82YEN
holy fucking shit! im so glad i left when i did
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #20
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
holy fucking shit! im so glad i left when i did
for buyers in japan its good but the other way is bad - really bad.

so 150,000yen paid on a credit card = $2083.33
Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #21
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
japanese condoms are super dope too.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #22
LateNights...
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
LateNights... is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn.. Did I open the flood gates or what?! When I posted my request in this forum, I had no clue what a hassle shipping would be. Now that i know, i kind of regret it. I based my assumptions off dealings in the past. I order RC parts for a drift chassis from japan nearly twice a month. The orders always ship via EMS, and end up on my doorstep no longer than 4 days from the time the package ships. What I'm confused about, is why it would cost an individual a dime more to do the same thing (ship an item of equal size/weight using same method)?
LateNights... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #23
TKK-ORANGEtang
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNights... View Post
Damn.. Did I open the flood gates or what?! When I posted my request in this forum, I had no clue what a hassle shipping would be. Now that i know, i kind of regret it. I based my assumptions off dealings in the past. I order RC parts for a drift chassis from japan nearly twice a month. The orders always ship via EMS, and end up on my doorstep no longer than 4 days from the time the package ships. What I'm confused about, is why it would cost an individual a dime more to do the same thing (ship an item of equal size/weight using same method)?
yea me either, i didnt think it would be a hassle for the seller and the buyer.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thing is probably you a good contact whom your dealing with for exports, where as other companies come off as they do but do not. Small items are cheap to ship but having security leverage, where a good broker comes into play is a good thing, but things have a "cost" and currency values change. So,

Idk why people are stuck with the $1=100Y is beyond me.

Problem is lots of people think an RC motor is going to cost the same thing as shipping a rim or a heavy item and I think its best you should clairfy that you deal with small and light weight items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKK-ORANGEtang View Post
yea me either, i didn't think it would be a hassle for the seller and the buyer.
Bud ,best Google what your after and find someone who can help you on it. But since those places have not delt with you and are going to be highly suspicious when a credit card is presented to the seller you are trying to buy from and in all cases, you will get a reply with the seller asking for a bank wire transfer and in most cases they will you deal with a broker in most cases and at best has broken engrish skills and will jumble it up.

it will be a frustrating adventure for you.

so as for bank wire transfer fees today.............................

$1=81 yen + $35 international fees + depending on the bank they deal with can be anywhere from 1,000-5,000yen for incoming wire.

and that is if you have a good bank on your end but like wellls fargo forex dept is 1=78yen and $50 fee..

so if you want stuff pm me will give you 411 to go about it. but if you have a chip on shoulder dont bother me with a pm.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #25
LateNights...
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
LateNights... is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
No offense was intended. I totally understand the difference between light and heavier items, I'm not that dense haha. I guess I was trying to understand what more there was to the process, regardless of weights. I used the example of RC parts as basis of my knowledge of buying anything from Japan. I was hoping the ease of dealing with that particular individual would translate to others, or would at least be similar. AND, if not, what the differences would be. Being that I do deal with purchasing goods from Japan, albeit small ones, I know very well the conversion rate from Yen to dollar, I have to explain it to people who place their orders with mine all the time. It's good that you guys are dropping all this knowledge on us though, it is eye opening. Saddening, but eye opening.
LateNights... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #26
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
No offense was intended. I totally understand the difference between light and heavier items, I'm not that dense haha
Lot's of people don't and it's time consuming at best.

Quote:
I guess I was trying to understand what more there was to the process, regardless of weights.
Just have to know the system and also the unwritten rules in Japan.

Quote:
I used the example of RC parts as basis of my knowledge of buying anything from Japan.
k, best to research on things before commenting on items that are un-charted territory and giving the wrong info out on these things since your 1st opinion is critical to others, I can't tell you how many times people bought something with this logic and then send me an e-mail to deal with the problem for free and get it sorted.

Quote:
I was hoping the ease of dealing with that particular individual would translate to others, or would at least be similar.
You might want to be very careful about that assumption.

AND, if not, what the differences would be.
see if you started out something like this then it would be easier to get to the point on this is that you want a cheap source to find in it and buy it for free or pay someone for their time and before any of you pop up with other vending services in japan wait for the sticker shock you will be charged and also know that paypal and your credit card will not cover you and the only credit card that would even cover Japan purchaes is are the Amex black / Platinum.

Quote:
Being that I do deal with purchasing goods from Japan, albeit small ones
For EMS they are expensive to begin with and then intermingled with the USPS has some negative results and you might want to add the problems of shipping electronic items from Japan to the USA, since you're the expert on this - do tell on the problems with shipping electronic items ?

Quote:
I know very well the conversion rate from Yen to dollar,
ok that said what is it that you pay the exchange rate at the time of purchase, when you pay with your credit card or do you send a bank wire ?

Quote:
I have to explain it to people who place their orders with mine all the time. It's good that you guys are dropping all this knowledge on us though, it is eye opening.
I don't know whats going on with this let me ask you what was the best exchange rate for (USD) too (YEN) in the past 3 years and what was the worst exchange rate ?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #27
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Racer98, I f....ing feel you about the exchange rate.... It BLOWS.... My GF livesin TKO and I travel there a LOT.... 87 to the $1 is just inter bank exchange rate. NO ONE will give that to you, so in reality, you are only getting probably 84 or 83 on the street to the american $1.... That is loss of almost 24% value if we are talking about the last 3 years per the last 3 years highest was 100 to 1....

SO right now, Japanese goods are REALLY expensive most importers either raise costs or basically lose a LOT of profit....

But great explanation and reply.

O and I used to be in that business and my friends are still BUT..... NO ONE in Japan is extending any credit to shippers so in actuality its straight cash wire to Japan to get that goods and THAT in itself is expensive. We talking $30-50k containers!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #28
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Racer98, I f....ing feel you about the exchange rate.... It BLOWS.... My GF livesin TKO and I travel there a LOT.... 87 to the $1 is just inter bank exchange rate. NO ONE will give that to you, so in reality, you are only getting probably 84 or 83 on the street to the american $1.... That is loss of almost 24% value if we are talking about the last 3 years per the last 3 years highest was 100 to 1....
At least you understand, many others do not and its gone from fun to a jerb explaining it over and over.

Quote:
SO right now, Japanese goods are REALLY expensive most importers either raise costs or basically lose a LOT of profit....
Basically those who have been importing still been buying from other placed with higher mileage (KM)

Quote:
But great explanation and reply.
comes down to what you know.

Quote:
O and I used to be in that business and my friends are still BUT..... NO ONE in Japan is extending any credit to shippers so in actuality its straight cash wire to Japan to get that goods and THAT in itself is expensive. We talking $30-50k containers!
and funny enough them ballers from Pakistan, who over pay big time on the cars and trucks at auction is a loose loose situation, that said as for the industry in japan can not compete with the currency but seems the MOF Japan does not plan to do anything untill the Yen hits $1=80(Y),
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #29
Jared0934
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Jared0934 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have a japanese friend who has been a big help getting me parts for a good price and really good shipping. He will provide you with a tracking number, and your shipment will get there super quick.. I believe my 180 lights got to me 3 days after he received the payment
Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #30
racer98
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared0934 View Post
I have a japanese friend who has been a big help getting me parts for a good price and really good shipping. He will provide you with a tracking number, and your shipment will get there super quick.. I believe my 180 lights got to me 3 days after he received the payment
Nice, always good to have a contact who is ligit in japan and using EMS and not using an APO address, which APO addy's have been coming under more inspections, lately I do know of a couple of people who have bought using an APO address and items have not been allowed to come into the USA.

so best do all of your homework before you ship as well know who your working with before sending payment since paypal will not care if something goes haywire..