Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
DorkiDori Street + Track Coilovers! COMING SOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EzXgm4asw

DORKIDORI COILOVERS COMING SOON!!!

Its been a dream of mine for over 10 years to have DorkiDori coilovers. I hooked up with a US based coilover brand to make that dream come true. This brand is primarily Subaru and off road based. They are a smaller brand thats making an amazing name for itself and has recently worked with Rhys Millen on coilovers for his new EV rally car. The first set of prototypes I received need some tweaking (which we are currently working on now and I SHOULD have updated parts soon). Ive had these installed in my personal car since March to test them out... and all I have to say is these are quite possibly the nicest set of coilovers ive EVER run! Im not producing these coilovers to be the end all to be all of track based single way coilovers. These are meant for both street and track use aaaaaaaaand I think they will fit the bill for the bulk of 240sx owners out there who want a quality ride with the performance coilovers can bring to the car. ALL parts are sourced from Japan, Sweden and Texas. None of that Chinese made crap here!

I will make another post when they are finally completed and available. Im shooting for a price point of of $1450 shipped in the lower 48 states. The price on the coilovers is the same as the MSRP the manufacturer offers... However, you will NOT be able to buy the configuration or specs for the coilovers from the manufacturer, they are specific to what Ive put together with them. i think you guys are going to get a kick out of these, especially those of us who are now older and want a quality ride from our suspension setups!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
What is going to separate you from the rest? You’re gonna have the start up people cause it’s new and the price is right. For those of us though who want to buy quality stuff, what benefits do your coils have over others? Whats the closest model/brand to compare to?
Old 06-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
What is going to separate you from the rest? You?re gonna have the start up people cause it?s new and the price is right. For those of us though who want to buy quality stuff, what benefits do your coils have over others? Whats the closest model/brand to compare to?
Hmmm... what separates me from the rest? nothing major I supposed, but Im not in this to really compete with the big brands out there. my goal is to offer something a bit more "mature" for the "seasoned" 240sx owner, but also a quality coilover setup for s-chassis owners as from my observations and what people tell me, DorkiDori has received quite a lot of attention and recognition for the quality in the products i produce. i dont strive to be "better" than anyone else. thats really not who i am. i strive to produce products that i feel are the type of quality that i would personally use (and i do just that).

the thing with my coilovers is mainly the ride quality. ive been thru more coilovers than i can usually remember. JIC FLT-ARs, Buddy Club Racing Specs, Fortune Auto 500s, Yellowspeed etc etc. you can have an awesome performing track based coilover that is ZERO fun to drive on the streets (much like i just experienced with my Yellowspeed Drift Specs). the over all goal with what I wanted to bring to the table was to produce something that you can use on both street and track, that will help you get lower (coilovers, duh) as ride height is a huge part of aesthetics... but at the same time, offer a coilover that will add handling performance to the car, while maintaining a mature ride that isnt littered with rattling your kidneys to death over uneven surfaces.

the closest model brand... Buddy Club Racing Specs or Fortune Auto 500s. Buddy Club isnt a well known brand at all in the Nissan world anymore (infact they pretty much stopped producing all of their parts for our cars, buh), but in the mid 2000s, they were somewhat known and actually produced GREAT parts! Their Racing Spec coilovers were an inverted front, standard rear upright monotube damper with 8/6kg springs i believe. they were meant for road racing and werent an aggressively tuned damper as you do need some body roll and compression during cornering in road racing. the Fortune Auto 500s i had (3rd gen i believe they were) did rival the Buddy Clubs i owned in a lot of ways. Since owning the Buddy Club Racing Specs, ive tended to base my comparison on ride quality and performance against them. my DorkiDori Street + Track coilovers ride and perform very much like the Buddy Clubs and FA500s.

Keep one thing in mind... im releasing these as a passion project. ive wanted to have my own branded coilovers since 2009/2010. ive tried to get the project going in the past, but it never panned out. this time around, things fell into place properly with a US based manufacturer who is a small business much like me. im not looking to move hundreds of sets of these a year. 10-30 sets is my goal. all of my coilovers will be made to order. theyre 20 way adjustable. they all come with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY. the coilovers can be rebuilt here in the US via the original manufacturer... and they are something i felt my customers would be interested in.

when i made the post on FB and IG about these coilovers, i had a A LOT of positive feedback and interest. once available, i am excited for folks to try these out and enjoy them much like i am. Vegas roads are pretty harsh, and they are a perfect testing ground for street driven coilovers (due to the heat here, our roads are pretty mucked up in a lot of areas and will put ANY suspension thru its paces in terms of ride quality... stock or aftermarket). Since installing the prototypes, i have been constantly impressed no matter where i drive the car in town. the bulk of the time, i just drive my car to and from my fiberglass manufacturers shop on the weekend when i go out there to work... but the ride out there has some bumpy and uneven spots in the road, plus a few nasty bumps. my Yellowspeed Drift Specs were NOT pleasant over these patches so i learned how to avoid them. My DorkiDori coilovers handle them amazingly. no having to switch lanes, slow down or brace for impact anymore lol.

at the end of the day, im not doing this to beat out the big names. people will buy what they want to buy (thats the great thing about living in a consumer driven society). ive worked with the manufacturer to make something awesome that i am proud to attach my brands name to. if i felt these coilovers werent worth offering and that they were a lack luster item, the project wouldve been immediately terminated after installing the prototypes.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
What is going to separate you from the rest? You?re gonna have the start up people cause it?s new and the price is right. For those of us though who want to buy quality stuff, what benefits do your coils have over others? Whats the closest model/brand to compare to?
at the 6 minute mark, i talk about whats going on with the coilovers and answer a few of your questions (this was an update video i posted 2 weeks back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3CR2vzl7-Q

Old 07-28-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Talking Perfect Timing old friend!

This couldn't be more perfect timing for my return to the S13 Fastback my friend! I'll be messaging you once it gets here next month!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
This couldn't be more perfect timing for my return to the S13 Fastback my friend! I'll be messaging you once it gets here next month!
im still waiting on the 2nd prototype set with all my updates i need. i will make another video once they arrive and i make sure everything works out right im chomping at the bit to get these things done.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #7
dreamer87
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamer87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what price range will the coil overs be in?
dreamer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #8
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer87 View Post
what price range will the coil overs be in?
if pricing of materials stays current... i believe $1475 shipped in the lower 48 states (i dont have my pricing spreadsheet with me as im at my day job)

spoke to my manufacturer on Monday (Sept 13), i SHOULD have the 2nd set of prototypes in hand with all updates within 3-4 weeks. he has the go to get them started now that weve hashed everything out (FINALLY).

they will allow for roughly 1.75" more drop in both front and rear than shown below (which is WAY more than i need, but i know guys on 15s will complain if they cant get low).

project is far from dead, has just been slow going!