Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
JBrown

Trader Rating: (0)
JBrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 S14 with kouki fenders and Zenki Front end HELP PLEASE!!

DO i need to heat up the zenki durflex bumper to stretch it to where the fender starts to connect? or will that bumper not fit at all (ive already cut and drilled holes in bumper so there is no sending back now). because i see some people have the zenki front end but my front end looks no where close as good as theres.. Please help this is KILLING ME LOL!! and the reason i decided to change it cause i wanted to change up the look of the car from previous owner.

thank you
JBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
What are you talking about? You cant run kouki fenders with zenki headlights/hood/etc.... Theyre completely different.

You can run a zenki bumper with kouki headlights/hood/etc, or vice versa... But you cant mix fenders with headlights.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
post a picture of what you are doing and what you have seen others do that looks cleaner than what your up to*

to get a good idea if its dooable or if your outa luck with that bumper*
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
JBrown

does the zenki bumper align with the kouki fenders?? i have kouki fenders headlights etc.. but i want to put the zenki bumper on.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

^ahhh i get ya*

the zenki bumper does not fit flush between where the corner lights meet the fender on a kouki, since the zenki's have curved/round corner lights theres a lil curve on the zenki bumper to match up* but on kouki's there should just a straight surface across the headlight/corners/fenders on the bottom side.

also kouki front ends are a little bit longer like from radiator support to bumper retainer distance so thats why its a bit forward making the end of the bumper not come up even at the wheel well* so that explains the gap*

so its either you extend the ends on that bumper wich includes cutting and refiberglassing the bumper to extend ends then light body filler then block straight to remove any imperfections/waves in the frp to have a clean and not wavy looking reflection once painted "this will take patiance and labor"

or you could just sell it and get a propper fitting bumper made for a kouki*
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
JBrown

this is the bumper i currently have m sport. and as you can see from my first photo i have space. now the bumper is hitting the bracket where the corner marker light sits in. so do i need to cut that piece off in order for this bumper to be placed on?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

^ NO if you did that then the bumper would go in too much creating a headlught gap and you would have a verry verry small to no distance from headlight to the front top tip of the bumper. "would look DUMB"

msport makes the exact same front bumper for zenki and kouki just different bumper retainer seating points and the kouki fits proper due to zenki being a bit shorter from retainer to radiator support distance*

id get the correct bumper made for your application since its just duraflex and not some rare/jap spec bumper*
Old 01-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
JBrown

who would you recommend? because i know for a fact the company wouldnt take the bumper back not even at half price and i know for a fact no one will want a cut up bumper. lol
Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

looks like your learning how to fiberglass if you dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for labor work*
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #10
JBrown

lol true. but thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Why the fuck did you get a zenki bumper if you needed a kouki bumper?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #12
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
To be honest the Duraflex kits are so shitty that I wouldn't even be surprised if that's why it fits so bad. But like others have been saying, fiberglass work will probably be needed.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #13
JBrown

It's trial and error my friend. In order to succeed mistakes have to be made. And I was going for a different out come but obviously it did not work. Flipray
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 AM   #14
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
It's trial and error my friend. In order to succeed mistakes have to be made. And I was going for a different out come but obviously it did not work. Flipray
Different how? They made that bumper for both Zenki and Kouki. You wanted to be different by running a mismatched bumper and making your car look like a pile of herpes?

Whatever money you saved buying that bumper, now you'll spend on trying to make it fit by breaking it and rebuilding with fiberglass.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Suckers pay twice.

Great first post OP.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #16
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Duraflex = Extreme dimensions.
Ya get what ya pay for.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #17
JBrown

Money is never the issue. Just saying. And thanks I'm glad this is my first post. Got the help I was looking for. So no worries. Haaha!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #18
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Hey guys, So I got a pair of Adidas that I want to get custom tailor work done on. I want to turn them into a pair of nikes. Don't worry about money, I got TONS OF IT!!!! Anyone know where I can go to get these shoes transformed into a pair of nikes??

Whoever said there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question" obviously was not around for this thread.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #19
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I was being sarcastic.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #20
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Wow. You must be fucking kidding me. Were you dropped on your head as a baby?
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote