Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-18-2021, 05:56 AM   #1
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
It makes me beyond happy to see that Yashio Factory is still around. Don't really hear much about them these days.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #2
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
It makes me beyond happy to see that Yashio Factory is still around. Don't really hear much about them these days.
Really? They've been making steady youtube videos for the past year (along with SAMMIT who makes videos with them as well). Pretty sure AdamLZ has been doing stuff with them for a couple years also.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #3
BennettWT

BennettWT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Really? They've been making steady youtube videos for the past year (along with SAMMIT who makes videos with them as well). Pretty sure AdamLZ has been doing stuff with them for a couple years also.
Adam runs a YF body kit on his FD S15

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
BennettWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Cool stuff. I've done a fair bit of scouting maps in Japan, I like doing it the hard way and have found some pretty cool small shops. Typically I search via satellite through countryside outside of urban areas for lots of parked cars. Occasionally you'll find yourself upon a boneyard of Schassis, corollas, etc. Pretty fun when you're bored.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #5
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettWT View Post
Adam runs a YF body kit on his FD S15

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Admittedly, I don't keep up on youtube shit, or Adam LZ's fleet that everyone seems to love. *shrug*
Old 01-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #6
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
Admittedly, I don't keep up on youtube shit, or Adam LZ's fleet that everyone seems to love. *shrug*
Probably a good thing... With youtube's algorithm you pretty much can't look up anything "JDM", or "drifting" and not get LZ, SAMMIT, or Hoonigan in the recommended.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #7
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Probably a good thing... With youtube's algorithm you pretty much can't look up anything "JDM", or "drifting" and not get LZ, SAMMIT, or Hoonigan in the recommended.
Proooooo Tip.

Google translate your car/ drifting related term or description to Japanese, and search that. I find a lot better content using that method ^^^

Super cool thread, but definitely a bit sad. The drifting and Japanese tuner scene is dying, relatively quickly. Heightened by immense price gouging and regulations. This is a world wide problem, not exclusive to Japan, but I think much of these will be memories in the next decade.

The hyper-inflation of drifting cars, products and "tuner parts" in the last couple of years within the states has had a massive affect globally and especially in Japan as their car prices are becoming too high for youth to get into the sport. Greed will contribute to the end of a very long term hobby for many of us here. / end rant
Old 01-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #8
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Proooooo Tip.

Google translate your car/ drifting related term or description to Japanese, and search that. I find a lot better content using that method ^^^

Super cool thread, but definitely a bit sad. The drifting and Japanese tuner scene is dying, relatively quickly. Heightened by immense price gouging and regulations. This is a world wide problem, not exclusive to Japan, but I think much of these will be memories in the next decade.

The hyper-inflation of drifting cars, products and "tuner parts" in the last couple of years within the states has had a massive affect globally and especially in Japan as their car prices are becoming too high for youth to get into the sport. Greed will contribute to the end of a very long term hobby for many of us here. / end rant
Yep, I figured this out a while back. You can find a lot of JDM/ Schassis content this way and the recommended stuff is usually all Japanese as well. Also, seems like more Japanese people are slowly making more youtube content, or uploading old videos. So, maybe there's still hope. lol