Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #1321
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Ok you guys are all confusing the platinum blue with something purple.
The paint codes are different. "Platinum blue metallic", as Nissan calls it, is KG1, which is on the brochure you posted as 6G0.
"Purplish silver", as Nissan calls it, is 1K4, and is not on the brochure you posted. That is the color of the car I posted (so sayeth the firewall tag). Perhaps, like lavender frost metallic, purplish silver was a one-year color, and not of the year that the brochure you posted is from.

OOH. I just found some neat shit on an Aussie forum.
"1K4 = dark grey metallic (463) + purplish silver (LH1)."
Soooo... if purplish silver is LH1, and misty blue metallic is also LH1, then it stands to reason that purplish silver is called misty blue metallic here in the States. Neato.

I could be wrong, but that's just going by Nissan's own paint codes. Feel free to make corrections to my statements and whatnot. I slept for about 3 hours last night, and have been up now for 20, so my brain may not be working right. haha
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #1322
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Looks right to me.

So its been solved then.
Purplish silver = LH1 = Misty blue metallic
6G0 = MBM/gray (LH1+463) 2tone in US and Jland
1k4 = MBM/gray (LH1+463) 2tone in Aus

therefore there is no "purplish silver" or corresponding 2tone. Just different variations in the paint and lighting.

BUT according to you the corresponding color is misty blue not platinum,
Misty is LH1
Platinum is LG1
now look at the color sheet for more confusion.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #1323
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
No no, misty blue, not platinum blue. Two different colors. There IS is purplish silver two-tone.
Platinum blue and misty blue/purplish silver are different. That was the whole point of my post. lol
KG1 + 463 = 6G0, which is platinum blue.
LH1 + 463 = 1k4, which is purplish silver, aka misty blue.

Lavender frost two-tone is what we've determined doesn't exist. At least, not that I could find in hours of searching. I'd still like to paint my next coupe (if there is a next one) lavender frost two-tone, regardless of whether or not it ever was.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #1324
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
So your saying there is another 2 tone that came on chukis?
did they continue making 2tones in japan after 91?

Where did the G50 come from?
KG1+463 = 6G0 on both charts (america and japan)

and you are saying you have 1K4, which is contains LH1, which is a chuki only color.
Hence my confusion
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 AM   #1325
soreballz
Post Whore!

Ignore the G50. I hit the wrong keys. I need sleep. lol
1k4 is the code for the combined LH1 and 463 for the two-tone cars. Obviously, there are no two-tone chukis.
LH1 is purplish silver AND misty blue. Same shade, different name. Maybe Nissan changed the name when they did the chuki update? I dunno. Paint codes don't lie.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #1326
Wake
Premium Member

THAT was my point LOL

Page 45 right?
I think we are on the same one now lol, not to mention I think thats the longest we have interacted without chewing each other out.

Why do we say "not to mention" something and then mention it?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #1327
soreballz
Post Whore!

High five, man. High five. It's hard to chew people out when I'm in detective mode. "Fuck arguing and insults, I wanna figure this shit out!"
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #1328
Wake
Premium Member

Its cool,

We figured it out and Matts13vert just posted in the wheels thread.

Covered all our bases.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #1329
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
Does the black tape continue in the jambs too? Could you possibly post a picture?
I just re-did the tape on my car. Interestingly, the tape stops just a few millimeters from the seams of the door. However, where the fenders meet the bumpers, the tape wraps around the corners, with no gap between the parts. On the fenders, the tape wraps around the corner into the wheel well.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1330
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
At first I thought for sure I would get rid of these wheels, but after seeing this photodrop, I dono.

Opinions, por favor.

allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #1331
Wake
Premium Member

IMO, put it back on CL so I can buy it.

I do think it needs something bigger than 15's tho.
but seriously if anyone in norcal comes across a decent (body/price) seafoam 2tone, let me know. i may even be interested if it has damage depend on the extent.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #1332
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
I don't think this thing will be getting sold anytime soon. East coasters would pop a boner for how little rust this thing has.

16's would probably be the biggest I'd go.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #1333
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
17/18

done
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #1334
Wake
Premium Member

I say 17's all around personally on coupes. 18's in some cases.

I only like 17/18 on hatches. Personally
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #1335
DeeezwasRiceSauce
BANNED

DeeezwasRiceSauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispypsi View Post
i believe only coupes had factory 2 tone. i gotta find the chart.
my hatch was charcoal and grey..

the tweo tones are "/" for manual and auto matic.. some color codes blended the color to match options for hicas or non SE
DeeezwasRiceSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #1336
DeeezwasRiceSauce
BANNED

DeeezwasRiceSauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Super Black - Misty Blue Metallic - Super White - |Platinum Blue Metallic/Dark Grey Metallic| prettty much sums up what i needed to do.
DeeezwasRiceSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #1337
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I'm officially on the hunt for a Two-Tone car. After original plans of painting the 93 coupe i have now two-tone. I have decided against it and will be going with a different color choice. So if anyone knows of a seafoam or a platinum blue car let me know. will provide finders fee for the right one.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #1338
EH9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
EH9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Comment removed.

Last edited by EH9; 07-08-2015 at 04:41 PM..
EH9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #1339
Wake
Premium Member

Why you gotta salt my watermelon flicktitty?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #1340
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Why you gotta salt my watermelon flicktitty?
Your in California Talk abotu salting watermelons (i dont even know what that means) LOL.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #1341
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

^That made me laugh.

I got your back Wake. I creep on cl just to see whats up.

If I sell it when I move back east you'll be the first one to know.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #1342
nisco
Zilvia Junkie

nisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Your in California Talk abotu salting watermelons (i dont even know what that means) LOL.
Next time you eat watermelon, try sprinkling some salt on it. It does wonders.

Rules. my cold coupe(should have never sold it)

Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #1343
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I say 17's all around personally on coupes. 18's in some cases.

I only like 17/18 on hatches. Personally
thats the word right there. coupes should keep it 17 all around.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #1344
Wake
Premium Member

I think I should have said personally again, personally.

The watermelon thing just popped into my head.

But a little salt on the following fruits is boooomb!
Watermelon
Green apples
Tomato
Peach
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 09-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #1345
soundbwoy

soundbwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
my new baby
soundbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #1346
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yeah if anyone knows about a two tone in SoCal for sale please let me know. Very interested. I don't even care if it's auto. Probably preffered at this point with driving non stop in traffic all week.. but anyways please and thank you.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #1347
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #1348
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

soundbwoy, <3 White & gold. That thing is clean, not feeling the wheels though.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #1349
na_user

na_user is an unknown quantity at this point
dang i dont know how to post pics here:/ i hope this works
na_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #1350
Ben10
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)