Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-04-2022, 06:38 AM   #23701
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Due to my schedule, I will be installing coilovers one weekend, and suspension arms the other weekend. Alignment happening right after. Which should I do first?
Old 04-04-2022, 07:44 AM   #23702
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerkickass240 View Post
Due to my schedule, I will be installing coilovers one weekend, and suspension arms the other weekend. Alignment happening right after. Which should I do first?
I'm assuming the car is your only mode of transportation for the intermediate week. I don't think it will matter very much either way. Without an adjustable rear upper your rear will have some added negative camber depending how low you set your coilovers if you install them first. You can dial out negative camber with the camber plate in the front if you are looking for stock-ish alignment.

Why can't you do it all in one weekend? Unless you have bad luck and every suspension bolt is seized, arms and coilovers are a pretty quick swap. Don't forget eccentric lockout hardware for the rear.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #23703
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerkickass240 View Post
If you plan on driving the car in between these weekends I would do coilovers first. Keep the same ride height so the alignment is somewhat in spec. Then lower the ride height(if you choose) while you are swapping the arms on the other weekend and get the alignment right away.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:00 PM   #23704
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
My question for someone with an S13 SR, can you measure the bov recirculation fitting on the stock intake tube? I want to recirc. my bov and greddy sells different sized fittings. My thinking is then I don't need to find a hose that changes size from one end to another.
ID of the rubber part is 1"
Old 04-04-2022, 04:43 PM   #23705
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic

https://gramhir.com/media/2077804870766445087
https://gramhir.com/media/1900519010093593573
What is the front wheel?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #23706
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
not a Kansei Tandem? zooming in I don't see all the writing on the lip though..
Old 04-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #23707
Kylerkickass240
Leaky Injector

Kylerkickass240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Why can't you do it all in one weekend?
I might be able to, but I work nights and don't have a garage, so my time and schedule is quite limited. Appreciate the response though.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:48 AM   #23708
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Great Company Grenade GX-01
Old 04-05-2022, 10:36 AM   #23709
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Great Company Grenade GX-01

Oofff, I knew they looked familiar. That sucks.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:07 AM   #23710
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

So I have a GKTech "baffled" over the radiator catch can on my SR, and I just fitted a new Garrett to the engine. My previous S14 T28 seemed to get pretty oily in the intake after the catch can after a season of hard multi-day event drifting, and there's a little pool at the inlet to the FMIC. The engine doesn't make much blowby (S13 SR valve cover, so pretty much any oil that wants to leave, will), but pushes enough oil to somewhat defeat the baffles of the GK catch can. I'd rather not coat this brand new turbo's compressor blades if I don't have to.

I'd like to try steel wool in the catch can on the outlet side of the baffle. I'm worried of it breaking apart and naturally going straight into the turbo. Does anyone know of an inline filter with 5/8 hose ends and where I could find one? Or does anyone have better ideas?
Old 04-06-2022, 07:29 AM   #23711
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I'd like to try steel wool in the catch can on the outlet side of the baffle. I'm worried of it breaking apart and naturally going straight into the turbo.
Not entirely what you're asking for, but I have some of this in my catch can and it hasn't seemed to deteriorate in the few years its been in:
https://www.amazon.com/Uni-Filter-BF.../dp/B000ONZT5Y

However, my catch can set up is VTA, so it's not under the same conditions yours is. Just food for thought.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:20 PM   #23712
Pain

Trader Rating: (0)
Pain is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know if SR20 fan clutch/water pump studs fit the KA?
Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:57 PM   #23713
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain View Post
Anyone know if SR20 fan clutch/water pump studs fit the KA?
Yeah they should. both are a M6x1.0 and all else that really matters is the thickness of the water pump pulley and clutch fan 'pulley' which are roughly the same, if not the same between engines.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #23714
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'd like to try steel wool in the catch can on the outlet side of the baffle. I'm worried of it breaking apart and naturally going straight into the turbo. Does anyone know of an inline filter with 5/8 hose ends and where I could find one? Or does anyone have better ideas?
Thought I'd follow up and share what I figured out that I'm going to do. It seems like an inline filter with 5/8 hose barbs does not exist in entirety, but I did find this on McMasterCarr with 3/8 NPT threaded ends, so I shouldn't have a problem clamping a 5/8 ID hose on either side and should do me just fine. Nice and small so it shouldn't look too ugly.

https://www.mcmaster.com/98355K853/
Old 04-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #23715
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
That seems like the cheapest option, although im personally not a fan of the difference in diameter especially if its a MAF car.

I did some quick research, and stumbled upon this which is about 10X the cost.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-acc-gano-htr

VE labs makes a "coolant filtering and inspection system" but I couldn't find a part number. There is a 3/4" one listed on ebay.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:10 AM   #23716
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
That seems like the cheapest option, although im personally not a fan of the difference in diameter especially if its a MAF car.

I did some quick research, and stumbled upon this which is about 10X the cost.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-acc-gano-htr

VE labs makes a "coolant filtering and inspection system" but I couldn't find a part number. There is a 3/4" one listed on ebay.
I'm surprised I haven't found that. Guess I should have searched for something for coolant.

My car is standalone so no maf. 5/8 ID hose will slip over 11/16" threads no problems and it won't leak. There is a small restriction in diameter but at the end of the day it's just to apply some vaccuum to the catch can, nothing overly sensitive.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:42 AM   #23717
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
It seems like an inline filter with 5/8 hose barbs does not exist in entirety
Actually, this is exactly what you're looking for. Cardone Part number 20-0058F
5/8 Barbed filter, and $18 on amazon. Win/Win

https://www.amazon.com/Cardone-Servi.../dp/B00A6RLS8K
Old 04-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #23718
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Actually, this is exactly what you're looking for. Cardone Part number 20-0058F
5/8 Barbed filter, and $18 on amazon. Win/Win

https://www.amazon.com/Cardone-Servi.../dp/B00A6RLS8K
That's perfect. Looks like rockauto has it too so I'll just grab one with my next purchase. Thanks for looking out Steve!
Old 04-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #23719
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thanks for looking out Steve!
No problem man, shoutout to my new cubicle at work leaving me plenty of time to research dumb shit like this.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #23720
Corbic
Post Whore!

30100-RS254 - Nismo Clutch

This is for a Push Type Trans, correct? Comes with Disk and Cover?
Old 04-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #23721
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
What's the approximate added coolant capacity from an aftermarket 2-row 48mm radiator (eg Koyo HH, Mishimoto)? I know my stock capacity is 7.25qt (S13 KA24DE). A drain and fill of my Mishimoto rad (which is also draining some of the engine, upper hose, etc) seems to be about 5.5qt. Don't remember what it was for my stock rad.

Don't need an exact value, but Mishimoto literally just says "Capacity: 2" (2 what??)
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #23722
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Don't need an exact value, but Mishimoto literally just says "Capacity: 2" (2 what??)
2 gallons = 8 quarts... sounds about right from what i remember filling my Koyo radiator. its been years since ive had to fill it so it dont 100% remember, but i DO remember buying 2 gallons of coolant for it.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:11 PM   #23723
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
30100-RS254 - Nismo Clutch

This is for a Push Type Trans, correct? Comes with Disk and Cover?
No, this is for pull style, you can see the center ring in this croooober listing. Nismo says it's a late R32/33/34 part

https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cp...82/NISMO-Cover
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #23724
Corbic
Post Whore!

What is the wheel?

Old 05-07-2022, 01:14 AM   #23725
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
What is the wheel?
work emotion XC-8

aaaaaaand dorkidori Type-RH skirts + Type-RH valances + urethane 180sx kouki lip (yes. plugging my own shit lol)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:33 AM   #23726
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Anyone got a link to an english FSM that has the specs for a notchtop S14 SR20? I know a guy who is really good at building LS engines and figured if he had the specs he could help me rebuild my SR.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:22 AM   #23727
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Anyone got a link to an english FSM that has the specs for a notchtop S14 SR20? I know a guy who is really good at building LS engines and figured if he had the specs he could help me rebuild my SR.
I have an english FSM for the notch top. PM your email and I'll send you the file.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #23728
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Does anyone know if the S13 DOHC KA throttle cable is identical to S14 KA throttle cable?

I am collecting potentially strandable S14 parts, I plan to keep a spare throttle cable in my car lol I can just see it snapping clean off one day, and me hooking a string or a million zip ties together or something so I can pull the throttle from the driver seat to get the car home

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 05-16-2022 at 09:24 AM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #23729
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I found the S14a manual and sent it to the mods at Nico club a few years ago. They have it hosted at nicoclub.com/FSM with all the other manuals.

You can also just grab the S15 EM section and use that since the engines are the same between them (mechanically).
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #23730
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Does anyone know if the S13 DOHC KA throttle cable is identical to S14 KA throttle cable?

I am collecting potentially strandable S14 parts, I plan to keep a spare throttle cable in my car lol I can just see it snapping clean off one day, and me hooking a string or a million zip ties together or something so I can pull the throttle from the driver seat to get the car home
They're different
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote