Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
finding previously registered owner

long story short, i bought this car years ago, swapped my built sr into it and my gf lost the title and bill of sale. now i have no way to prove i bought the car and no way to register it. the vehicle is/was a rhode island car.
im really tired of this car being a paperweight while its got a gem of an engine sitting in it, if anyone has a way of finding this info for me id gladly pay for their services. GLADLY.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
take the VIN to the DMV. Give them the VIN and tell them your situation. They will most likely give you his mailing address. Send him a letter or use reverse look up so you can call the guy and expedite the process. He'll need to mail you a new bill of sale. You can paypal me for my help
Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not that easy, DMV will not give you his info, and may even launch an ivestigation to see if the vehicle is stolen, if it was that easy cars would be stolen everywhere. Best bet is to keep looking for the paperwork, you may be able to apply for a new title BUT there is a slim chance since it wasn't in your name in the first place, also depending on your state they may even charge you back fees for every year that passed for not registering the car when you bought it.
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
iamthewinner
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
iamthewinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
Not that easy, DMV will not give you his info, and may even launch an ivestigation to see if the vehicle is stolen, if it was that easy cars would be stolen everywhere. Best bet is to keep looking for the paperwork, you may be able to apply for a new title BUT there is a slim chance since it wasn't in your name in the first place, also depending on your state they may even charge you back fees for every year that passed for not registering the car when you bought it.
pretty much this.

no way dmv will give out any info on anybody.
iamthewinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in a similar pickle. I'm thinking about buying the cheapest junked out/wrecked/thrashed s13 with a title that I can find and doing something that I won't mention here on a public forum (I think you can figure that one out).
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
I'm in a similar pickle. I'm thinking about buying the cheapest junked out/wrecked/thrashed s13 with a title that I can find and doing something that I won't mention here on a public forum (I think you can figure that one out).
This. Its what people that build custom motorycles do all the time.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
Try to figure out the date you bought it and then look at your phone bill from that day. That way you can try to contact the p.o.
240Shwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Never wait to register.a.car,NEVER
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

jilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of light
thanks for the info, ive been on the phone with ri dmv today and basically its what a few of you said. i pretty much have to drive to ri (1.5 hrs) and try to apply for a vin check. the dickhead lady said i needed a bill of sale which i told her was lost, so she got lazy and snotty real quick. im just going to head out there next week and give it a shot, worst case scenario i try to find a pi or some one on the police force that can do it. a friends mother works as a 911 operator and can look it up, but she then tells me that the fbi audits their searches so thats a no go.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Wheelchair
Leaky Injector

Wheelchair is an unknown quantity at this point
Take it as a lesson learned and part the car out...
Wheelchair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm in the same situation. I will be doing a part out on my S14 soon.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
nissan-fanatic
Zilvia Member

nissan-fanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilo View Post
thanks for the info, ive been on the phone with ri dmv today and basically its what a few of you said. i pretty much have to drive to ri (1.5 hrs) and try to apply for a vin check. the dickhead lady said i needed a bill of sale which i told her was lost, so she got lazy and snotty real quick. im just going to head out there next week and give it a shot, worst case scenario i try to find a pi or some one on the police force that can do it. a friends mother works as a 911 operator and can look it up, but she then tells me that the fbi audits their searches so thats a no go.
That dickhead lady seems to need some Yang in her life... Lol.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

nah, ill buy a vin and title before that happens. i like to see things through, i really dont want to give up untill ive actually tried my options. either that or part the car and put the engine in my truck. now that would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
Take it as a lesson learned and part the car out...