Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
SinisterSntra91

So I purchase his jdm s14 power folding mirrors from him and paid for the two items plus a driver side window motor.

This was the thread http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/36221...4-s15-z33.html

*as a side note, this was false advertisement because they were not actually converted to LHD considering the fact that the base of the side mirrors were still JDM which means if you installed these onto a LHD vehicle, you could the mirror due to the positioning angle.

I receive all the items as promised even though response to pms from me were slow and incomplete.

The window motor worked just fine. The side mirrors on the other hand... not so great. So to make a long story short, I looked up a thread on NICO for the instructions

This is the thread http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/130592...g-mirrors.html

I followed the simple instructions and swapped out the base. Since the motor was taken out of the jdm base I also decided to switch the cover also to just match my vehicle. After taking my time and soldering the three wires that controls the mirrors position I decided to give it a try. Note here I did not take the motor apart in any shape way or fashion; I simply did what was need to properly use the side mirrors.

I wired up the switch; All of the mirror positioning controls worked fine. Now I attempt the folding portion and here is the video.

YouTube - JDM power folding mirror driver side problem

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors

As you can notice the passenger side works perfectly fine with no hesitation. Now as for the driver side; The motor randomly stops working. If you pay attention closely, I have to re engage the switch after the motor stops to even allow it to have any sort of motion.

So I decide to PM SinisterSntra91 back and this is a log of our messages.

Originally Posted by filluptieu
Hey bro its phillip, i bought the power folding mirrors from you and i just hooked it all up and did you test these before you sent them to me? it seems like the US driver side mirror motor is kind of strange. it will pause and stop itself. pelase get bvack to me i have a video to show you.

I never used them, I told you that, but lets see if we can figure out what the problem is. Send me this video so I can see if I understand. okay well I just looked back at the messages and you never mentioned not ever using the folding mirrors. you did in fact mention that the window motor works and it does beautifully

here are the videos of both mirrors

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors It also might help if you stop clicking the button back and forth while the mirror is folding. i only click it when it stops. i took it back out to see if maybe its falling off the track Well since you took it apart, I cant really help you out. I thought it was you that I told that I never used them, evidently it was someone else, as I got alot of inquiries about them. Other then telling you to make sure your wiring is right and your grounds are good, (bad grounds can cause electrical gremlins as shown in the video) thats all I can help you with.

WTF you have to replace the base to the US or you cannot see out of it. i didnt even open the motor i just replaced it. and i know your not a store but what about honest dealing? would you be satisfied if you were in my position? ask you self that please.

I would be satisfied because I realize the risk I take when I disassemble things. Once I take something apart whatever the outcome is, its on me. The real world realizes this too which is why they put "warranty void if removed or tampered" on things. We can put this on the forum and have an open debate if you would like. Your negligence to check them before you took them apart is not my problem. ANY store or retailer would tell you the exact same thing. This is not a question of "honest dealing" the question is what happened when you took them apart. Once they were apart liability is on you.

I will post a video tomorrow of the motor out of the housing with NO load or restrictions and you can see for your self the motor is weak and not in proper working order. He is accusing me of damaging the item but I simply did what he DID NOT do but falsely claimed to have done.

I know i might not get a refund because of his the way he just simply responses to my messages but at least I can help someone else out.

His paypal is

[email protected]
and his name is Brennan Becker

Last edited by filluptieu; 02-02-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91

So I purchase his jdm s14 power folding mirrors from him and paid for the two items plus a driver side window motor.

This was the thread JDM Parts S14, S15, Z33

*as a side note, this was false advertisement because they were not actually converted to LHD considering the fact that the base of the side mirrors were still JDM which means if you installed these onto a LHD vehicle, you could the mirror due to the positioning angle.

I receive all the items as promised even though response to pms from me were slow and incomplete.

The window motor worked just fine. The side mirrors on the other hand... not so great. So to make a long story short, I looked up a thread on NICO for the instructions

This is the thread How to: Install S14 power folding mirrors

I followed the simple instructions and swapped out the base. Since the motor was taken out of the jdm base I also decided to switch the cover also to just match my vehicle. After taking my time and soldering the three wires that controls the mirrors position I decided to give it a try. Note here I did not take the motor apart in any shape way or fashion; I simply did what was need to properly use the side mirrors.

I wired up the switch; All of the mirror positioning controls worked fine. Now I attempt the folding portion and here is the video.

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors

As you can notice the passenger side works perfectly fine with no hesitation. Now as for the driver side; The motor randomly stops working. If you pay attention closely, I have to re engage the switch after the motor stops to even allow it to have any sort of motion.

So I decide to PM SinisterSntra91 back and this is a log of our messages.

Originally Posted by filluptieu
Hey bro its phillip, i bought the power folding mirrors from you and i just hooked it all up and did you test these before you sent them to me? it seems like the US driver side mirror motor is kind of strange. it will pause and stop itself. pelase get bvack to me i have a video to show you.

I never used them, I told you that, but lets see if we can figure out what the problem is. Send me this video so I can see if I understand. okay well I just looked back at the messages and you never mentioned not ever using the folding mirrors. you did in fact mention that the window motor works and it does beautifully

here are the videos of both mirrors

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors It also might help if you stop clicking the button back and forth while the mirror is folding. i only click it when it stops. i took it back out to see if maybe its falling off the track Well since you took it apart, I cant really help you out. I thought it was you that I told that I never used them, evidently it was someone else, as I got alot of inquiries about them. Other then telling you to make sure your wiring is right and your grounds are good, (bad grounds can cause electrical gremlins as shown in the video) thats all I can help you with.

WTF you have to replace the base to the US or you cannot see out of it. i didnt even open the motor i just replaced it. and i know your not a store but what about honest dealing? would you be satisfied if you were in my position? ask you self that please.

I would be satisfied because I realize the risk I take when I disassemble things. Once I take something apart whatever the outcome is, its on me. The real world realizes this too which is why they put "warranty void if removed or tampered" on things. We can put this on the forum and have an open debate if you would like. Your negligence to check them before you took them apart is not my problem. ANY store or retailer would tell you the exact same thing. This is not a question of "honest dealing" the question is what happened when you took them apart. Once they were apart liability is on you.

I will post a video tomorrow of the motor out of the housing with NO load or restrictions and you can see for your self the motor is weak and not in proper working order. He is accusing me of damaging the item but I simply did what he DID NOT do but falsely claimed to have done.

I know i might not get a refund because of his the way he just simply responses to my messages but at least I can help someone else out.

His paypal is

[email protected]
and his name is Brennan Becker

Last edited by filluptieu; 02-02-2011 at 08:41 AM..
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Wrong section. Try the seller feedback section.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Catch240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Catch240 is on the path to ruinCatch240 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
scammers take your money and dont send the promised item.

You received the item. Opened up the mirrors and replaced the backing plates (required for install). And now one of the mirrors only works intermittently.

You didn't get scammed, you just got an old mirror that isn't functioning at 100 percent. Shit happens, if you want perfection dont buy used items.

also, wrong section.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
have you looked at the switch itself?

i had an s14 kouki power folding switch that i traded for an s14 zenki power folding switch.

when i got the zenki one, the opening function worked perfectly.

but the closing function didnt work at all.

i checked the mirror motors, and worked perfectly fine.

so, i took the switch apart.

turned out that the "fillament" under the motherboard had burned, so it wasnt passing the signal.

so i just soldered some fillament lines, and it worked better than new.

so yeah, just a thought

p.s.

does the mirror work perfectly the first time around? but heats up and stops working after a while?

cuz i mean, its not like youre gonna be foldind and unfolding them like 20 times straight.

in the vid, the first time it worked pretty good.

maybe thats what happened to the seller...he only tried them once and saw that they worked.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
miravete
Nissanaholic!

miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch240 View Post
scammers take your money and dont send the promised item.
scammers can also send you faulty or wrong items
Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for your input miravete

i did also question that but when i wire it up to the passenger side it works perfectly fine. I also wired them both up at the same time to test it out and same thing happened. I believe the motor either is weak or just isnt working properly.

And yes getting scammed can mean alot of different things. This being one of them.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As much as I would hate to be in your position because I would be angry too, you weren't scammed. False advertising, yes, since they were sold as "converted for LHD use", but you neglected to check to see if they worked BEFORE taking them apart, which puts all responsibility on you. Yeah it sucks, but since there is a chance that you damaged them while taking the apart, you have to accept the responsibility. On the other hand, he may have knowingly sent you broken items, but since you didn't test them before you took them apart, you can't prove it. Then there's also the chance that they were damaged in the shipping process. In all instances, the way to prevent the problem would have been for you to test them right away. That being said, it's still a shitty situation and I wish you luck with whatever you do about it, but don't accuse someone of being a "SCAMMER" without proof. And to any would be sellers, it's probably a good idea to test your merchandise before selling it as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt_180sx View Post
In all instances, the way to prevent the problem would have been for you to test them right away.
^^ sucks, but i agree.

that way, you wouldve had a stronger case.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Thats how it is when you buy used items, i always check the items i recive before i use them just to make sure they work before i install them or mess with them. But im always worried about them not working, since they are used items, thats just how it is. He didnt scam you he sold you a used item that worked when he had it, but now it dosnt work for you for whatever reasons, sorry. Thats just how it is.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i bout a few items from him (s14 interior stuff) it showed up and everything was cool.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

this i understand, i just some how forgot and just trusted him. I should of known but it just sucks the way he responded to me because I know what i did and I know I didnt tamper with the motor. he also does mention that he never tested it AFTER I messaged him about the mirror problems..
Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I wouldn't say that's a scam. You received a used item. It looks to be working. It's not perfect, but it's working.

If anything, seems like you didn't have the mirrors checked out before you bought them.

People pretty much know items sold on forums come "AS-IS" unless otherwise stated.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yes I would not constitute this as a scam. The seller has almost no feedback so you took a big risk even dealing with them. This is why I only deal with people with decent feedback. He, in all honesty, sold you a used product. You recieved a used product. There is risk in all dealings, unfortunately you got dealt a bad egg. I would have left him neutral or negative feedback, I would not have made a public thread calling out scammer.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #15
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ask a mod to move it to the right forum and why don't you just paypal dispute it and let them decide if "broken product" is enough to get money back and screw someone over on their paypal account.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
M3_Sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
M3_Sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, i guess false advertising is a form of scam?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:18 AM   #17
ngkpower
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
ngkpower is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
The mirror worked well the first cycle with no issues. On the second passes it didn't work well. I believe that the amp or relay or something is causing the problem. How can it work well, closed and open, then on the second try not work well. If that is the case, the motor or gear isn't the problem because it worked the first cycle smoothly.

This is an electrical issue in my opinion. You should try putting a relay or if there is a fuse, or amp, fix or improve it. It opens and closes, so I don't think you were scammed. Now if it didn't work, then you are scammed. Regardless, it's a used part, and it seemed to work at least, so figure it out.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #18
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I can understand the frustration, but it doesn't seem like you are scammed. I have bought several parts from people on Zilvia myself not knowing for sure if the item is good or bad. Not everyone uses the same method to test the item out before selling either.

if anything, it's a small problem of the folding motor that's failing. see if you can get that rebuilt?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #19
iLagX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (40)
iLagX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iLagX
he is a legit seller!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #20
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngkpower View Post
The mirror worked well the first cycle with no issues. On the second passes it didn't work well. I believe that the amp or relay or something is causing the problem. How can it work well, closed and open, then on the second try not work well. If that is the case, the motor or gear isn't the problem because it worked the first cycle smoothly.

This is an electrical issue in my opinion. You should try putting a relay or if there is a fuse, or amp, fix or improve it. It opens and closes, so I don't think you were scammed. Now if it didn't work, then you are scammed. Regardless, it's a used part, and it seemed to work at least, so figure it out.
I understand what you are saying sir but why does this not happen with the passenger side? they are both wired the exact same way.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Legit my ass, hows is this legit at all?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #22
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLagX View Post
he is a legit seller!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by filluptieu View Post
Legit my ass, hows is this legit at all?
He said he is a legit seller... Seems to me, he SOLD you some mirrors... Sounds legit to me.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #23
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Okay I got RIPPED OFF does that make everyone happy? because it sure does not make me feel any better
Old 02-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

wait no he sold me broken mirrors you simpleton. dont you understand? or cannot read?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #25
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ok I was unaware the base was not converted to lhd, honest mistake, I only switched out the mirrors. Which means I did not touch the internals of the mirrors. You however did, when I sent you the mirrors they had stock maroon housing. The video clearly shows you now have white housings, which means you dissassembled the mirrors. Once you dissassemble the unit I am no longer responsible for it's functioning. You can claim you did nothing to it but that is all hear say. You should understand that once you modify something you are now liable for it's functioning that's why people put up disclaimers on mods they post. That is also why people put "warranty void if tampered or removed" on their products. Nobody in their right mind would return an item when it clearly has been modified from it's original form. If you got the item and tested them as received then I would be willing to work something out. After you modified the item this is no longer a question of honesty of morality, as that would be holding me responsible for whatever happens when you take apart the item which we can all agree is ridiculous. Overall I am a private seller, I do not have a return policy.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #26
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

And also if you read the messages he called me out to post it up. so I did.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #27
whitey240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
whitey240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Your video shows the mirror as operational. It works the first time, and not the second time so I doubt that it is a broken motor. Have you monitored the voltage? to the mirror on that green wire which I assume triggers the motor to move?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #28
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey240 View Post
Your video shows the mirror as operational. It works the first time, and not the second time so I doubt that it is a broken motor. Have you monitored the voltage? to the mirror on that green wire which I assume triggers the motor to move?
Thank you. I told him to check his wiring in the 2nd pm I replied to him about this.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #29
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Okay I got RIPPED OFF does that make everyone happy? because it sure does not make me feel any better
No because you are still complaining about something that you should've looked at in the first place, if you would've hooked them up before tampering with them I'm sure you could've worked something out, he even said so in the other thread you made. The fact is its YOUR bad for not testing them as soon as you got them BEFORE doing anything with them, learn from YOUR mistake instead of posting several threads saying you got scammed when you didn't. He sold you a used product, you recieved a used product, you modified said used product, and now your complaining that it doesn't work 100% when you didn't check in the first place if it did when you recieved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #30
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
wait no he sold me broken mirrors you simpleton. dont you understand? or cannot read?
woah woah. a little bit of advice here:

dont shit talk your peers when you want sympathy unless u want the whole zilvia community making fun of you instead.... too bad zilvia no longer has its rep system in place.....

take ur bickering and fixing to pm please. i hope you can fix your issue, but this isnt the way to go about it.
Closed Thread