Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
nextproject is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Anyone with a non-sunroof S14 want to take a couple pics for me?

Ive installed some sunroof delete brackets and removed the original tracks, these brackets bolt the glass in a fixed position. This has allowed me to slightly modify and install a non-sunroof headliner as well.

My question is, how is the center-mounted dome light installed? I can most likely make the original dome light work, but out of curiousity, im interested in seeing how the dome light for the non-sunroof cars mounts.

Can someone pop theirs off and have a look? take a quick picture with it removed? is there a bracket that is spot welded to the roof? Or is it a completely different dome light that attaches to the headliner itself?

I appreciate any information. I'll be posting a DIY with the name of the guy i bought the brackets from (he has more) as well as how to install them and what needs to be done to install a non-sunroof headliner, but i wont be completely done with this task until i've got the dome light installed.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
There is a picture request thread. also an interior thread. The center has a small box shaped metal bracket that the light screws into
Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
did you buy these from nissansota? i want some but i gotta know if anon sunroof headliner would fit using the delete brackets
Old 01-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
nextproject is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yes i did and with very minor modifications to the headliner and studs on the roof it does fit. After i resolve the dome light i will be posting up the process.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
There is a picture request thread. also an interior thread. The center has a small box shaped metal bracket that the light screws into
yes, please thanks

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/169628-pic-...hotoshops.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/293805-interior-thread.html

xquizitditz
Closed Thread