Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
telusethegoose

Trader Rating: (0)
telusethegoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CA Wheel Fitment +Rim Choice HALP (s14)

I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing, so I apologize if I shouldnt have started my own thread for this question, but after looking through some pictures I realized my question has more of a personal answer than general.

Im looking into buying some of deez in the future for my 95 s14 in 18"x8.5

Ive got z32 calipers up front, and I'll have coils before I purchase the wheels, but I'm wondering what the maximum offset I could use is without pulling/modifying my fenders? I want them all to be the same, as putting a bigger dish in the back looks tacky as hell. If possible I would like at least 2 inches of dish.

also, if anyone has seen these rims in person with multiple offsets or owns them, how do they accommodate for the offset? Ive seen a couple pictures of them with really curved spokes and they look like crap compared to the straighter ones
ex:

as opposed to...

I know it's a lot of info, but any advice/information/pictures would be totally awesome to the max degree!
telusethegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Offset 15 and above
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
telusethegoose

Trader Rating: (0)
telusethegoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
Offset 15 and above
thanks for the information so +15 is what I would need to clear my calipers? (first time buying rims) my major question is what is the biggest I could go before running into front/rear fender issues? 45? 40? I dont really want to run metal across my hub and pull out a gauge haha
telusethegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Offset has absolutely NOTHING to do with brake caliper clearance. If you're gonna stay with stock fenders with out rolling it, shoot for about 9j +25, maybe +20 if you plan on running skinnier tires.

Also, look into the wheel fitment thread and Maximum wheel fitment threads to see what folks are running on their cars.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote