Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #9391
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by omii27 View Post
ok my timing chain sounds like if its hitting my valve cover wat could it be and how can i stop it?
very unlikely cause then you would have a destroyed engine

probably hitting the timing chain guide
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #9392
nathanss13

Trader Rating: (0)
nathanss13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I found an Sr that needs a timing chain but I can't find a full rebuild kit can some one tell me where to get one or if the g20 de kit will work for me
nathanss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #9393
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanss13 View Post
So I found an Sr that needs a timing chain but I can't find a full rebuild kit can some one tell me where to get one or if the g20 de kit will work for me
I believe frsport.com has stuff, but everyone seems to get their OEM stuff from NissanParts.cc...
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #9394
Sommer

Sommer is an unknown quantity at this point
Searching for information regarding how to get cool information as RPM and errors onto my iPhone. Nissan Silvia S14a, from 12th month of 1997. Searched, but could not find!

OBD-II, Nissan Consult - wtf. :-(

Hope one of you guys knows!
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #9395
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I take my stock bushings out of my subframe? Just take a torch to them and burn them out?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #9396
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
How do I take my stock bushings out of my subframe? Just take a torch to them and burn them out?
unless you have an acetelyne (dont know how to spell it) torch, you'll be there forever with a little propane one. I just did this, and the easiest thing I found was I drilled out the rubber all the way around the sleeve the bolt goes thru until i could light it with the propane torch and pull/twist it out. once the inner sleeve was out, I took a flat head screw driver that you don't mind ruining and I went on the side of the outer sleeve that has a little lip that curls over and pounded the screw driver into that until I had relieved enough pressure that I could remove the sleeve. If you're feeling frosty, you can take a sawsall and cut that outer sleeve out. But, it's really thin and I didn't want to risk going thru into the subframe.
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #9397
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Cool. Seems simple enough, thanks.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #9398
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
im taking my sr20det to get machined what car would I tell them its out of?
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #9399
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
240sx.... duh....
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #9400
dopplganger1
Zilvia Member

dopplganger1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was figuring I would need to tell them something else due to it not being a ka and there for when there are checking clearances to make sure the crank and cylinder walls are all good they will have sr specs instead of ka
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
dopplganger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #9401
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anybody know how clear covers would look on triple projector silvia headlights? I always see them on bricks, but never triple projectors, but it says you can use them on projectors. PICS would be awesome even though I didn't find any :/
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #9402
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Anybody know how clear covers would look on triple projector silvia headlights? I always see them on bricks, but never triple projectors, but it says you can use them on projectors. PICS would be awesome even though I didn't find any :/
A quick Google search of "silvia triple projector clear cover" came up with a bunch of stuff...

Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #9403
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

what is people's opinions of xxr 527 in 17x9.75 vs getting some diamond racing 17x10 made? which would be more ideal for track/daily considering in strength, weight, price, etc
Old 01-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #9404
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
what is people's opinions of xxr 527 in 17x9.75 vs getting some diamond racing 17x10 made? which would be more ideal for track/daily considering in strength, weight, price, etc
XXR is definitely a lot lighter. And imo, they look a lot better. Diamonds might be stronger considering they're steel, so they'll be a little stronger.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #9405
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
XXR is definitely a lot lighter. And imo, they look a lot better. Diamonds might be stronger considering they're steel, so they'll be a little stronger.
what about price? are they around the same? just weighing my options to see what I wanna buy to drift on this summer before I make a decision
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #9406
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
what about price? are they around the same? just weighing my options to see what I wanna buy to drift on this summer before I make a decision
Depending on where you get the XXR's the price will be different. Do some Google searches to find XXR dealers. I think there's some sponsors on here that sell them too. As for the Diamonds I think that's a custom size so hit them up for a price. I'd go with the XXR's. Diamond wheels are usually lame.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #9407
indytrucks
Leaky Injector

indytrucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it normal for vs-xx a- disk faces not to clear the brakes on an s14?
indytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #9408
cflory08
Zilvia Member

cflory08 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok i got a quesstion. i have an s14 240 with the 97-98 sr20det Notch Top. And it is idling like crap its constantly up and down sometimes jus above the dying point and it will stay idling like that for a few min then jus die. it will do that while im coasting too and sputters like crazy while im driving and when im coasting to a stop sign or light it will do its idling thing and die. especially when u get on it even juss barely. afterwards it wont do its idle thing it jus srtaight up dies everytime. i cant keep it running without having to give it gas. i checked for boost leaks and vaccuum leaks and cant find any. the only thing is that the waste gate barely releases. could that be the problem? any ideas???
cflory08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #9409
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflory08 View Post
ok i got a quesstion. i have an s14 240 with the 97-98 sr20det Notch Top. And it is idling like crap its constantly up and down sometimes jus above the dying point and it will stay idling like that for a few min then jus die. it will do that while im coasting too and sputters like crazy while im driving and when im coasting to a stop sign or light it will do its idling thing and die. especially when u get on it even juss barely. afterwards it wont do its idle thing it jus srtaight up dies everytime. i cant keep it running without having to give it gas. i checked for boost leaks and vaccuum leaks and cant find any. the only thing is that the waste gate barely releases. could that be the problem? any ideas???
Not too familiar with engines yet, but could it be your maf or something to do with not getting enough fuel? maybe its only getting enough to run, but not enough to do much more. worth checking next anyways
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #9410
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
clean your maf. sounds exactly like what my friends car was doing. spent 3 hours figuring out what it wasnt, only to find out the maf was dirty. if you wanna check, unplug the maf and see if anything changes. if not, clean it with some brake cleaner or something. brake cleaner wont damage it
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #9411
cflory08
Zilvia Member

cflory08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
clean your maf. sounds exactly like what my friends car was doing. spent 3 hours figuring out what it wasnt, only to find out the maf was dirty. if you wanna check, unplug the maf and see if anything changes. if not, clean it with some brake cleaner or something. brake cleaner wont damage it
ok cool thank you. will definetly have to try that tomorrow! I hope thats the problem.
cflory08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #9412
89clubk

89clubk is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright,
I have an 89 240 coupe.
Live in michigan and just recently i have had a few electrical problems that all seem to be linked together and started when it got really cold outside. So my tach, speedo, temp, rear defroster, and turn signals suddenly do not work. I started my car and they just didnt work. Also if the window is rolled up all the way the door dinger will go off. After about 30 minutes of driving everything would just star working out of the blue, but would stop working again if you used the blinker. Hazards still work, fuel gage works. Trip and odometer also do not work. Any suggestions or advice? Anything would help. Thank you.
89clubk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #9413
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89clubk View Post
Alright,
I have an 89 240 coupe.
Live in michigan and just recently i have had a few electrical problems that all seem to be linked together and started when it got really cold outside. So my tach, speedo, temp, rear defroster, and turn signals suddenly do not work. I started my car and they just didnt work. Also if the window is rolled up all the way the door dinger will go off. After about 30 minutes of driving everything would just star working out of the blue, but would stop working again if you used the blinker. Hazards still work, fuel gage works. Trip and odometer also do not work. Any suggestions or advice? Anything would help. Thank you.
Is it lowered? Could possibly have to do with your tire rubbing through the harness. Mine got all tweaky like that on me when I ate through the harness and eventually just died..
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #9414
JasianBlazin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
JasianBlazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
A quick question, does the numbers on the s14 MAF matter? or are they all compatible with all s14's?
JasianBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #9415
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasianBlazin View Post
A quick question, does the numbers on the s14 MAF matter? or are they all compatible with all s14's?
Should be the same maf for any S14 KA unless maybe the few non obd2 s14 ka's had a different one
KA or SR?
Im not even sure it matters actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Anyone ever have trouble with their coilover perch nut coming loose, and the coilover loosening over time causing play in the front end and front end shake?

I have a set of older Tein HA coilovers, and my front driverside coilover keeps coming loose, and then causing play in the front end...any one deal with this also?

Simple fix?

(yes, I have tightened down the adjustment nuts using those perch wrenchs, multiple times, but it works its way loose)
Use a flathead screwdriver and smack it tight a few times, it will never move again. When you wanna loosen it, just smack it the other way.
If your worried about scratching it wrap a cloth around the screwdriver. Works like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
Tell him its a SR20DET and its a engine from japan. Dude is a engine professional, he will find the right numbers somewhere. Make sure he doesn't think its a KA (aka don't just say its for a 240)
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #9416
lillit86

lillit86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mishimoto Radaitor Cap

I want to replace the POS radiator cap that came with the mishimoto radaitor. What replacement cap will work seeing that the mishimoto spring seems longer than usual?
lillit86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #9417
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
Use a flathead screwdriver and smack it tight a few times, it will never move again. When you wanna loosen it, just smack it the other way.
If your worried about scratching it wrap a cloth around the screwdriver. Works like a charm.
I did that last time actually I think something in the top of the coilover is binding up, and not rotating when it needs too, and now its rotating the threads instead of the upper mount.

Am I the only one experiencing it?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #9418
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
I did that last time actually I think something in the top of the coilover is binding up, and not rotating when it needs too, and now its rotating the threads instead of the upper mount.

Am I the only one experiencing it?
ohhhh crap, i guess i would take it all the way apart and see if i could tighten it that way.. but idk.. that's lame
maybe you could lock 2 nuts against eachother in the center (like the trick to get out studs) and then hit it so it would spin the whole thread section to tighten it? idk
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #9419
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Yea, thanks for the help, Im gonna see if anyone else has had the same problem.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #9420
jlw778
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
jlw778 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
digital cluster

i recently installed a digital dash with a 9k tach. everything works but i can't switch the speedo over from kph to mph any suggestions. it ready correct i just don't want to have to do math as driving lol!!
jlw778 is offline   Reply With Quote