Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #2131
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
that green s14 on the regamasters looks great!
A+
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #2132
gtrefive
Leaky Injector

gtrefive is an unknown quantity at this point
whats a good mild aggressive set up for dailydriving or just let me know what offsets to run with 17x8.5 +? and 17x9+? for a S chasis.
gtrefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #2133
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There's 71 pages of setups to choose from. READ.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #2134
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
When did this happen James? I thought you were all about proper suspension geometry Formula D setup haha.
With a 18x12J you'd have to have an offset no higher than +5 or so (depending on camber), otherwise the inner wheel lip will hit the car/coilover.
12j+5 would be stupid flush and I dont want to have to pull the fender that much and run that much camber.
Fuck formula D haha.
Matej your car is bitchin', but for a purposely built track car it doesnt cut it. [Which your car isn't so it doesnt matter] My kouki isn't my track car either so it's getting Vertex frontbumper/sideskirts the japanese rear bumper a refresh on the paint and is getting so slammed that my control arms look like theyre throwing up gangsigns. Our cars will be bestfriends!!!

Pics of 18x12+5 in the rear without overfenders please!

<3 matej
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #2135
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
17x9-3 and 18x10-6 .. they'll be on my car thursday afternoon hopefully

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #2136
sleepinsilvia23
Zilvia Member

sleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura about
/\/\/\ Holy shit there beautiful bro, def need to see pics mounted up.

I just picked up a set of Gravitys, 17X8.5 +29 and 17X9.5 +26.
Also got 15mm and 20mm spacers for my s14.

Still trying to decide on good tire size and need a roll but ill post up pics whenever i get around to that haha.
sleepinsilvia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #2137
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
12j+5 would be stupid flush and I dont want to have to pull the fender that much and run that much camber.

<3 matej[/quote]

Are you contradicting yourself?

17x9 +15 up front
17x9.5 +15 rears
-3.3 camber up front
-2.5 camber in the rear maybe -2.0 don't remember

Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #2138
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
twistex runs 11.5J -15 without overfenders, which is the equivalent of 12J -9.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #2139
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Quote:

I know I'm being a picky bitch. I dont want to run that much camber, that style doesnt tickle my fancy.

12j+5 like you said would be more reasonable? Or would it smack my coilover/fenderwell?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #2140
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtrinh View Post

<3 matej

Are you contradicting yourself?

17x9 +15 up front
17x9.5 +15 rears
-3.3 camber up front
More pics please, tire specs?
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #2141
FlyingAngle
Banned from the Marketplace

FlyingAngle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
12j+5 like you said would be more reasonable? Or would it smack my coilover/fenderwell?
I have 12.5 -1's and they just clear my coils and when I say just clear I mean like an 1/8th inch, It's pretty much perfect. Good news is a 12.5 -1 and 12 +5 have the same inner clearance. I have an s14 btw
FlyingAngle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #2142
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
i dont have too many parking pics....215/40/17 hankook rs2 up front 225/45/17 FEDERAL 595 out back

Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #2143
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAngle View Post
I have 12.5 -1's and they just clear my coils and when I say just clear I mean like an 1/8th inch, It's pretty much perfect. Good news is a 12.5 -1 and 12 +5 have the same inner clearance. I have an s14 btw

You will take a picture of it right now and I will fucking love you.

How much camber are you running? No overfenders right?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #2144
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtrinh View Post
[B]
17x9 +15 up front
17x9.5 +15 rears
-3.3 camber up front
Get some static pics up, I'd like to see your rear fender work. I miss my black car

Quote:
I know I'm being a picky bitch. I dont want to run that much camber, that style doesnt tickle my fancy.

Then wtf do you want to run such a wide wheel for?

It sounds like you're just saying you want to get some stupid ass wide wheels just to say you do.

If you're not trying to run boso camber, and not run overs, it sounds like anything above a 10.5 (on your s14?) is not possible/pointless.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #2145
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Then wtf do you want to run such a wide wheel for?

It sounds like you're just saying you want to get some stupid ass wide wheels just to say you do.

If you're not trying to run boso camber, and not run overs, it sounds like anything above a 10.5 (on your s14?) is not possible/pointless.
I'm just trying to see what I can run and what it would look like. I'm not into boso camber but I can run about 2degrees and be ok with it.

Essentially I do want "to get some stupid ass wide wheels just to say" I do. I want it on my daily the s14 for the look. It's not functional on a stock ass KA, it just looks sick as hell and that's why I want it. I will probably end up buying overs, but I just want to see what I can get away with.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #2146
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm just trying to see what I can run and what it would look like. I'm not into boso camber but I can run about 2degrees and be ok with it.

Essentially I do want "to get some stupid ass wide wheels just to say" I do. I want it on my daily the s14 for the look. It's not functional on a stock ass KA, it just looks sick as hell and that's why I want it. I will probably end up buying overs, but I just want to see what I can get away with.
If you are willing to do a big pull and do it right, you can get away with it but you will HAVE to super stretch and run negative camber in the rear (depending on pull I would say about 2-2.5)

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #2147
BillWatcher
Zilvia Junkie

BillWatcher is making a name for him/her selfBillWatcher is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrefive View Post
whats a good mild aggressive set up for dailydriving or just let me know what offsets to run with 17x8.5 +? and 17x9+? for a S chasis.

lower your coils all the way 17x8.5 with a 215 or 225/40/17 couple degrees of camber, decent size spacer. Same tire for the rear and same setup, camber/spacer if needed. Thats just IMO if you have those wheels already.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #2148
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
mild setup for dailying.

17x9.5 +15 with 205/40s. 215/40s if you have a hole between your legs.

will fit with minimal camber and just a roll.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #2149
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
17x9-3 and 18x10-6 .. they'll be on my car thursday afternoon hopefully
nice. Another guy rockin 57s pros. you beat my 18x10 +10 and my 18x9 +0. i was considering RMC and the titanium burn but i dunno.... looks good though i'd still rock em!

only got the fronts on in this pic. courtesy of eric castro!

EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #2150
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Bro just find a 9.5J -30 or something like that, that way you can have cool wheels and still be able to have fun with a stock KA.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #2151
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
nice. Another guy rockin 57s pros. you beat my 18x10 +10 and my 18x9 +0. i was considering RMC and the titanium burn but i dunno.... looks good though i'd still rock em!

only got the fronts on in this pic. courtesy of eric castro!
Thanks... they r RMC ,not sure about the tit being burn but i think i know whatchu mean.. they coming tomorrow hopefully

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #2152
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Bro just find a 9.5J -30 or something like that, that way you can have cool wheels and still be able to have fun with a stock KA.
I have some wheels to toss on. The track car will have something... Im not sure yet, I have to figure out whether Im going to rebuild the SR or just toss a KA in. The kouki has the nismos and my se wheels.

Im just going to run overs lol
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #2153
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:

Gross!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #2154
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
More pics of above car please!!!! Although it is retarded, I am very curious! What wheels are those and lets see some damn side views! THAT is what this thread should be full of!
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #2155
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Better pic of my fitment with the car all cleaned up.

18x10 -8 (s14 lca's really -18) and 18x12 -25
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #2156
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
More pics of above car please!!!! Although it is retarded, I am very curious! What wheels are those and lets see some damn side views! THAT is what this thread should be full of!
Use your internet and go back a few pages... god. He posted it somewhere.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #2157
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood View Post

Better pic of my fitment with the car all cleaned up.

18x10 -8 (s14 lca's really -18) and 18x12 -25
I question if i can get these fenders to work on a s14 is so ima pick another one and modify it to work on this car son
holaback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #2158
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Quote:

Isnt that rich from Daft Innovations in tracy,ca? The dude with the LS1,right?

Cuz i remember he always rocked a miss matched set of sportmax 962 18x9.5

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #2159
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Don't know if i qualify, but it's 18X11+7, almost maxed out camber, only rolled fenders, and there's still some space. Don't mind the toe and caster - will fix it tomorrow. Will adjust the camber also, for way better fitment.

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:39 AM   #2160
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
that looks killer! i say leave them like that if the car rolls!!
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote