Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #1621
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I want to see something official! I hope this is wrong.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #1622
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs. 2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe Comparison Test and Video
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #1623
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I saw that!

SPOILER!

THEY PICK THE GENESIS!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #1624
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I saw that!

SPOILER!

THEY PICK THE GENESIS!
Ya and I read it. While the Genesis seems to be holding its own, honestly what person that is looking at an Infiniti is even going to think about Hyundai? Sure enthusiasts might look both way, though the average G37 customer?
They would not even look at the Genesis.

Its a Hyundai and regardless of the advertising a lot of people cannot get over that.

Oh and this has nothing to do with own personal feelings about Hyundai's. Its an observation of the average car consumer that would be looking to buy a car like the G37.

Honestly they are going to need several years of the whole Genesis line selling well for them to sway the average Infiniti customer. Infiniti has cache Hyundai wished it had.
That again is just plain truth. Nothing more.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #1625
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wouldn't comparing the G37 Sedan and Genesis Sedan make more sense? At least they're targeting the same market. The coupes have different targets IMO...
Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #1626
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I saw that!

SPOILER!

THEY PICK THE GENESIS!
Hmmm... interesting video. I'm liking the Genesis more and more. Now, more than ever, I'm very interested to see at what price point Nissan will be releasing the SX replacement.

Unrelated: I walk by a G37s coupe every day in my appartment complex, and every day I gawk at the front brakes. They're stupid huge...

This is on a 19'' rim remember. Pitty it's some dumbshit sorrority girl's car. They'd look bomb on my hatch .
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #1627
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Wouldn't comparing the G37 Sedan and Genesis Sedan make more sense? At least they're targeting the same market. The coupes have different targets IMO...
Even that is not a fair comparison since they are both differently sized cars.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #1628
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya and I read it. While the Genesis seems to be holding its own, honestly what person that is looking at an Infiniti is even going to think about Hyundai? Sure enthusiasts might look both way, though the average G37 customer?
They would not even look at the Genesis.

Its a Hyundai and regardless of the advertising a lot of people cannot get over that.

Oh and this has nothing to do with own personal feelings about Hyundai's. Its an observation of the average car consumer that would be looking to buy a car like the G37.

Honestly they are going to need several years of the whole Genesis line selling well for them to sway the average Infiniti customer. Infiniti has cache Hyundai wished it had.
That again is just plain truth. Nothing more.

pretty much...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #1629
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #1630
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

genesis was originally built and planned to compete against the Z and G

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #1631
OneForMe
Leaky Injector

OneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymoreOneForMe is not welcome here anymore
sad thing is your everyday consumer wont buy it. (yea they will but not as much as hyundai would like

like people said.

enthusiast will give it a shot

but sadly. atleast here in vegas and i imagine alot of people.

think infinity is a totallly different sort of european company than nissan

and just cause of that they buy inifinity
Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #1632
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
I am sorry but both the Z and the G look ten times better that sculpted side ugly orange thing.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #1633
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I am sorry but both the Z and the G look ten times better that sculpted side ugly orange thing.
hmm.. I dont think so, maybe the orange isn't beautifull which it is nice but would look better in a darker color.. but this car with that bumper looks sick.
not saying the genesis in general just this one in the pic. cant be compared to a stock z or g
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #1634
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Yeah, maybe the Genesis coupe is to compete with the Z and the Genesis Sedan with the G Sedan, but not the way Edmunds mixed it up.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #1635
flclsteve
Zilvia Junkie

flclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant future
i spotted a weird looking green genesis on the road today light green couldnt snap a pic but it didnt look bad but i like the g style more

flclsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #1636
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i want the pink genesis a few posts up (that would be fuking BANGIN)

btw...i saw a red genesis the other night when i was driving past the strip...he was turning the same way i was going to get on the I-15...i wanted to race him but he never caught up...car did look sexy as hell in person (im still wetting myself at the genesis HKS had at SEMA...man that thing was fuking SEX in person)

personally once that car starts getting aero coming out for it here...i think its gonna take off like a bat outta hell...especially for the R-Spec model that is priced BELOW 24k...you get a turbo, brembos, 19" volks, and none of the extra "luxury" bullshit for UNDER 24k...in a brand new car...seriously...NO OTHER CAR COMPANY IS OFFERING THAT!!! PERIOD!!! END OF STORY!!! MANGO MANGO MANGO!!!

nissan...u dropped the ball...BAD

Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #1637
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

say hello to the nissan qazana....

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

the new silvia gets shelved but this peice of shit gets the green light to even be SHOWN!!! am i missing something...seriously?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:54 AM   #1638
S13shaka
Zilvia Member

S13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymore
[quote=drift freaq;2669424]
quote]

I agree to an extent but honestly we live in a country that is defined by trends.

with said that, I think you would be surprised about how quick the turnaround is once the mainstream hops on the "cool" tuner kids Genesis bandwagon.
S13shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #1639
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:

say hello to the nissan qazana....

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

the new silvia gets shelved but this peice of shit gets the green light to even be SHOWN!!! am i missing something...seriously?
WTF really? Yea cause trucks and SUV's are selling so well right now.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #1640
Slow SR20

Slow SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slow SR20

well I was right and wrong.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #1641
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow SR20 View Post

well I was right and wrong.
I beat you to it.

And that thing is so hot it deserved it's own thread.
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...i-essence.html
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #1642
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^Makes me wonder though if the new Sx will favor it any
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #1643
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
^Makes me wonder though if the new Sx will favor it any
actually this is a valid statement, because design ques from the 1st Mid4 concept made it into the 180sx big time. Indeed Nissan could take design cues from this of course it would be sexed down quite a bit.

Oh and as far as though who think the Genesis is sexy or good looking? Bravo for you, I don't. To each his own.

I will laugh when I see you driving it and you will smile. Cest La Vie..

P.S. I don't expect everyone to like my VQ powered 13.5 thats fine its mine not yours.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #1644
Gnnr
Post Whore!

That thing is SEXY!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #1645
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Qazana looks like those shits from "Batteries Not Included"

And if the SX will look anything like essence (phoenetically similar,too. coincidence?), I'm all fucking ears/eyes/penis/etc.

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 03-03-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #1646
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
I got a ride in a new G37 and it looks nice but i wasnt impressed by the performance(it was an auto). hopefully the Genesis will be more fun.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #1647
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:

P.S. I don't expect everyone to like my VQ powered 13.5 thats fine its mine not yours.
VQ powered S13.5 sounds sexy too..
Old 03-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #1648
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
actually this is a valid statement, because design ques from the 1st Mid4 concept made it into the 180sx big time. Indeed Nissan could take design cues from this of course it would be sexed down quite a bit.

Oh and as far as though who think the Genesis is sexy or good looking? Bravo for you, I don't. To each his own.

I will laugh when I see you driving it and you will smile. Cest La Vie..

That and I was thinking how nissan's vehicle line up all have that nissan look to them. To get what I mean, take a look at a maxima, and altima, and a titan, a g35/37/the infiniti suv etc.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #1649
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
From the reviews I've read, the Genesis is compared somewhat favorably against the G the same way the G was compared favorably against the BMW 3 series. A decent alternative, not quite as good, but priced right.

Infiniti has carved out a nice market for itself. How many people thought consumers would be cross shopping a BMW and a rebadged Nissan? Why can't hyundai do the same? If it keeps getting favorable reviews I don't see why it can't.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #1650
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
From the reviews I've read, the Genesis is compared somewhat favorably against the G the same way the G was compared favorably against the BMW 3 series. A decent alternative, not quite as good, but priced right.

Infiniti has carved out a nice market for itself. How many people thought consumers would be cross shopping a BMW and a rebadged Nissan? Why can't hyundai do the same? If it keeps getting favorable reviews I don't see why it can't.
The Hyundai stigma. Imagine if Buick came out with a boosted RWD car, what would be your first thought? The name Hyundai doesn't usually bring anything positive to mind. However, the name Infiniti brings memories of quality, power and an all around nice product.

And also what you said about it being a decent alternative, most people would rather gamble on something they know for sure will be good instead of taking a chance with the Genesis.

and lastly, the primary buyers of the G37 are not the same people that would be looking at the Genesis. Slightly older than middle aged, middle aged people and younger people with fresh jobs, perhaps just out of college would be buying the G37, the Genesis will be for people who are looking for a budget sports car.

It will take a lot more than some favorable reviews for Hyundai to really compete with Infiniti.