Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #1441
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
235/40 or 245/35 sounds about right.

maybe even 235/35.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #1442
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jdFKNmVRT
whats the normal size tire for a 18x10.5
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #1443
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdFKNmVRT View Post
whats the normal size tire for a 18x10.5
NORMAL?

Or fitment whore size?

There's a difference.

If you're doing it for grip you're in the wrong thread.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #1444
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

jdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura aboutjdFKNmVRT has a spectacular aura about
which ever???

cause right now both the front and rears are hitting the fenders.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #1445
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
which ever???

cause right now both the front and rears are hitting the fenders.
OK, well lower your car first.

Check where it's rubbing, if you're rubbing the INNER fenders, hit wherever it's rubbing with a hammer...

If it's hitting the body panels (outside) dial in a little camber.

You can get everything to fit, you just gotta work it.

You're showing you can fit shit on your car, now you gotta do the work to make it look sick.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #1446
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

i banged it everywhere but one guy was saying that i might have to toe it in or whatevers...
idk will see what happens when i try to mess with it.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 AM   #1447
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
i banged it everywhere but one guy was saying that i might have to toe it in or whatevers...
idk will see what happens when i try to mess with it.
I don't think toe would help your situation.

Determine where it is rubbing and let everyone know later...

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 AM   #1448
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

its running that lip thing in the fender well...
i pounded it down but it still hits it when i make turns
Old 05-12-2008, 02:34 AM   #1449
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
i'm running the 17x9 +12 and 18x9.5 +12 but i need wider wheels in the back

the rears

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:56 AM   #1450
ant_s13
Leaky Injector

ant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond repute
jdFKNmVRT - i have 10.5s on the rear of my car and use 235/40 tyres. it isnt mega stretched its fine. this will give you more clearance up front then. when you say lip thing do you mean the seam at the top? hammer that totally flat, and also try hitting the wheel well itself to make it a bit curvier/rounder, especially passenger side as it seems a bit squarer that side cause the side mount cooler was in that well from factory.

"Normal size tyre for 10.5" = 10.5" is 262.5mm. therefore a 265 or so would be the closest match to the width i would say. Edit: you have 275 so you have big tyres for the rim, but they go on cause sidewall is small @ 35.
ant_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:03 AM   #1451
jdFKNmVRT
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_s13 View Post
jdFKNmVRT - i have 10.5s on the rear of my car and use 235/40 tyres. it isnt mega stretched its fine. this will give you more clearance up front then. when you say lip thing do you mean the seam at the top? hammer that totally flat, and also try hitting the wheel well itself to make it a bit curvier/rounder, especially passenger side as it seems a bit squarer that side cause the side mount cooler was in that well from factory.

"Normal size tyre for 10.5" = 10.5" is 262.5mm. therefore a 265 or so would be the closest match to the width i would say. Edit: you have 275 so you have big tyres for the rim, but they go on cause sidewall is small @ 35.
thanks for the info.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #1452
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_s13 View Post

The tire size calculation that you are doing doesn't really work out in reality. For instance, i'm running a falkon 275/35/18 on a 9.5 inch rim. Although according to the way you do it, this should be buldging, it doesn't. Tire companies don't always make their sizes what they say it is. Thats why some 255s are as wide as some 275's. Most 265s on a 10.5 may even have a SLIGHT stretch. Nothing much, but most likely not totally "square". I guess what i'm getting at is, you have to take it as case by case thing.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #1453
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
stretch, negative camber, slam.... work of art...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #1454
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
jdmfknvrtas;lfkj, get federal rs-r in 245/35/18 for the 10.5's. 235/40/18 is a stupid tire choice for up front because it's so tall.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #1455
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Tire companies don't always make their sizes what they say it is.
I noticed this while looking around comparing tire sizes. when i was tring to decide what sizes to run.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #1456
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
yes, for instance the azenis line measure very different than the ziex line when it comes to falken in particular...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #1457
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i could prob go a tad lower but i live in new england.. and that could be fatal

Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #1458
FIlthy 24O
Zilvia Junkie

FIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud ofFIlthy 24O has much to be proud of
forrest keeping it hawaiin where ever he goes with gangsta fitment

rubed just enough where it wouldnt pop the sidewall

GARAGE BOSO...........ROOTS AND CULTURE
FIlthy 24O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #1459
ant_s13
Leaky Injector

ant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond reputeant_s13 has a reputation beyond repute
gotta240 - very true, i really should have taken the time to type that out also. it does at least give a Basic idea though, some people just dont seem to make the connection between rim width and tyre size though so just saying 10.5 = 262 just makes people think a bit more laterally and things might make a bit more sense :P
ant_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #1460
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
The tire size calculation that you are doing doesn't really work out in reality. For instance, i'm running a falkon 275/35/18 on a 9.5 inch rim. Although according to the way you do it, this should be buldging, it doesn't. Tire companies don't always make their sizes what they say it is. Thats why some 255s are as wide as some 275's. Most 265s on a 10.5 may even have a SLIGHT stretch. Nothing much, but most likely not totally "square". I guess what i'm getting at is, you have to take it as case by case thing.
No, it is because the wheel width is measured from inner bead to inner bead, not the edge of the wheels.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #1461
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Ok I sold out (no 5lug) so I got these - Not super aggressive...more like FISHER PRICE "my 1st Gangster Fitment": ELITE 17x9+15 all around.

Going on this (fresh outta re-paint,.AGAIN)

Currently Weaksauced: 16x8 +25 F & R

TIres are gonna be 215/40 fronts and 235/40 Rears.Stock Fenders...rolling this weekend.

Will I be cool front and rear?What am I looking at.I already trimmed the tops off the front fender Liners and I'm not Going SUPER LOW..but may drop a tad more.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #1462
strongbads240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
strongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the roughstrongbads240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
i'm running the 17x9 +12 and 18x9.5 +12 but i need wider wheels in the back

the rears

love ur car bro mad respect +1
strongbads240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #1463
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
tire calculation

275 / 25.4 = 10.82

your wheel if it's a 9.5 is aprox idk 9.8-.9.9 from lip to lip

A RT-615 275/35/18 is 10.8

even if your wheel was a flat 10, which it's not you would be .8 of an inch over

so Ima guess you have a slight buldge ( post pictures to prove me wrong )

I put 275/40/17 on my 17x10's yesterday and it's square so I have a hard time believing you with a 9.5 wheel is square. again please do post pictures I'd like to see what it looks like
Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #1464
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Question~

Can put 215/45/17 Front and 235/40/17 Rear on S13?

Notice that the front is higher than the rear but for a RWD car that should be ok rite?
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #1465
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
Question~

Notice that the front is higher than the rear but for a RWD car that should be ok rite?
Just get 40 series all around, you won't regret it.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #1466
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
215/45 and 235/40 would be pretty much the same overall diameter.

But S chassis look better with a stagger.

215/40 and 215/45 or 235/40, or if you run 235/40 front, than an 18" rear.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #1467
pink godzila
Post Whore!

pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Thanks for all the comments

I have the tire with me already = = I just forgot what I had in my rear and ordered the wrong size for front. ops.. but i was thinking it is ok to run little bigger in front. So~ it is ok to run that set-up
Old 05-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #1468
240 OR DIE
Zilvia Member

240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known240 OR DIE is making his/her stupidity well-known
275s are pretty flush on a 9in wheel, a little buldge but pretty close to a perfect fir. Full race s14 has 17x9s on 275 whatevers...02
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #1469
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
Question~

what size wheel?

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #1470
pink godzila
Post Whore!

^^ 17x9 +17 all around