Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:44 AM   #1
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
S15 Powered is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S15 Powered
I thought I was dreaming

Just as me and a friend of mine were leaving the UCSD campus, I saw a car go by on the street perpendicular to the one we were on. It caught my eye right away and upon further examination (about 1/10 of a second later) I realised that it was an R34. Naturally I punched it to catch up to him. As I got closer I was captivated by the spectacle that is a Skyline GT-R. On the back right side under the taillight, there was an emblem that said NUR SPEC and I have no idea what that is (aside from an exhaust made by Blitz). Anyone know? Anyway, I pulled up on his right at a light and sure enough, the driver was sitting right next to me. As I stared at his car and dropped my jaw, he looked at me, smiled and nodded. I've seen some pretty incredible cars on the street (Diablo VT, Murcielago, Hennessey Venom 650R) and this car was right up there with the big boys in presence. Now I have even more trouble believing that they sell for as cheap as they do in Japan.
S15 Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2003, 07:31 AM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The GT-R M-Spec Nür and GT-R V-Spec II Nür were released to commemorate the end of R34 production. They were basically the same as any other GT-R, but they had some of the GT-R N1-spec mechanical pieces, a special exterior paint color, and a matching valve cover.

You probably saw an M-Spec Nür which was the "luxury" model. The V-Spec II Nür was the "performance" version, which included all the regular V-Spec II parts in addition to the Nür enhancements.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:39 AM   #3
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'd assume it was a Nur Spec exhaust on an R34 GTR. The Nur GTRs are pretty rare, and all were sold out on the first day they were available for sale. 'Cousre, not having been there, I don't know 100%
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:47 PM   #4
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Now that you've laid them all out for me, I remember for sure that it was the GT-R V-Spec II Nür because I remember seeing the II in there and wondering what the hell that was all about. Wow, I guess the car I was looking at is even more rare than I knew. Now of course the guy could have just slapped those emblems on there, but I doubt it because the driver was not a young guy, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a rice job.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:44 PM   #5
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
DRO916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRO916 Send a message via Yahoo to DRO916

i havent even seen a skyline in person

i really wished i went to Drift Showoff now

wait...S15 Powered has seen a Murcielago?!?!?
Old 03-03-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pnoydro916
wait...S15 Powered has seen a Murcielago?!?!?
Yup, on the San Francisco side of the Golden Gate Bridge. Damn that thing is beautiful. I also talked to the owner of the Hennessey Venom 650R that I saw. That thing runs a 10.47 quarter mile
Old 03-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #7
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

u lucky ass! i need to move to frisco! [cost of living way too much]well hopefully when i go there this weekend i'll get to see something special...
Old 03-03-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Man you have seen some nice cars, the rarest things I have seen are Vipers, and NSXs, don't see anything crazy like you, well a GT2 also, thats it. I know there is a Skyline R34 in my area havent seen in person but know people who have. Its a 500HP C-West one I believe. And also I know of an R32, that does autocross, haven't seen in person either.

And heard of a purple R33 but no1 I know has seen it in person.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:05 PM   #9
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've seen two 360 Modena's here. A yellow one, and a silver one. I once saw a Bentley in FL. That's about it though. My friend who lives in rural PA claimed to have seen an R33....but I'm not totally sure he's truthful on that though...he probably just saw the rear end of an Impala and freaked out.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #10
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thelinja
he probably just saw the rear end of an Impala and freaked out.
LOL, good one Man, I do feel lucky now hearing from you guys. Commuting to work over the Golden Gate every day when I lived in SF was a blessing cuz on the other side is Marin County, for those of you who don't know, I think it's the wealthiest County in America. About a mile and a half from where I worked there is a Ferrari/Masserati dealership so those were everyday sightings. Also in SF itself, there's a Lamborghini/Bentley dealership, so those are sometimes seen around. To give you an idea, I once saw a Diablo, a 911 Turbo and a Ferrari F355 at the same intersection at the same time! There used to be a brand new Bentely coupe and Aston Martin that parked in the garage at another place I worked in SF. And finally, i saw a 360 Modena PARKED ON THE STREET!!! Me and my friends stared at it for a while from all different angles. The see-through motor cover is SEXY!
Old 03-03-2003, 11:49 PM   #11
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by S15 Powered
Commuting to work over the Golden Gate every day when I lived in SF was a blessing cuz on the other side is Marin County, for those of you who don't know, I think it's the wealthiest County in America.
Marin County! 2Pac's beggining places...
Old 03-04-2003, 02:36 AM   #12
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Marin County! 2Pac's beggining places...
Ironic, isn't it? But really Tupac was in Marin city, the one and only ghetto in Marin.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:52 PM   #13
DRO916
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by S15 Powered
Ironic, isn't it? But really Tupac was in Marin city, the one and only ghetto in Marin.
ooo Marin City it is...my fault.

U live near sausolito? sausolito is a pretty lil town.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #14
S15 Powered
Zilvia Member

Quote:
ooo Marin City it is...my fault.

U live near sausolito? sausolito is a pretty lil town.
Well, currently I live in San Diego, but when I am in the Bay Area, I live in San Francisco. Sausalito is right across the bridge in Marin and you're right, it is a pretty little town. The views of SF from there and the surrounding areas are incredible. In my opinion, San Francisco/Marin have some of the most beautiful views in the world.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
We have one of the biggest Ferarri/Porsche/Lambo dealers on the east coast 20 minutes from my crib, so I see these type cars, all years and. We also see the Aston Martins and all that other good stuff all the time... It's right near best buy too, so sometimes I stop at the dealership and druel all over the floor for a while.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote