Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #31
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I took an '00 2.5RS out with a dealer in a snowy parking lot and acceleration off the line is unbelivable for a car on all season tires. It's probably a little faster than a stock 240 in the dry and a lot faster in bad weather.

I seriously would have bought one, but when the WRX came out and the body style was dropped I was stuck looking used and I swear the only low milage ones I could find at the time were OVER sticker. The ones that were affordable had 20 or 30k miles and it didn't seem worth $16k+ for a nearly new used car. The 240 is way cheaper unless you're looking at S14a's (in which case int's only a little cheaper) so really the issue is more buget driven. I liked it, but not for an expensive used car when for that money I could have something I liked more (like an FD, M3, S14a, heavily modded S13 with money to spare, etc).
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2003, 07:59 PM   #32
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Heres what you should do and why (since you want our opinion)

1.) Get the 2.5RS AWD is great for snow and such, and RWD are much harder to control (so I hear) in the snow. Plus, they are great for rallying!!!

2.) Check SCC's articles on the RS. They built a turbo'd project car, and they went over every little problem they ran into. (if your worried about that stuff)

3.) Buy the Scooby b/c you ask the most retarded questions here and I'm hoping you'll go to a Subaru forum then!

4.) Because you stole my avatar!!! Not cool. Do you even know who Strong Bad is?

on a personal note, get a crappy car, since your still in high school, and just save up for a few years!

Cliff Notes: Get the Scooby. You stole my avatar punk!!!

Last edited by TheTimanator; 03-09-2003 at 09:51 PM..
TheTimanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:20 PM   #33
moose
Zilvia Member

moose is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TheTimanator
Because you stole my avatar!!! Not cool. Do you even know who Strong Bad is?
Dear Mr. TheTimanator,

Do I know who strong bad is. Well punk yes I do. You can't steal an avatar. You are the first person who I've seen with this avatar. So you know what, go get another one for yourself man.

With alot of crap,

Moose
Old 03-11-2003, 02:41 PM   #34
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It IS rather ghey to take an avatar if someone else already has it. I use a personal photo (decidedly BAD one at that) to avoid such nonsense personally...

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #35
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by moose
Dear Mr. TheTimanator,

Do I know who strong bad is. Well punk yes I do. You can't steal an avatar. You are the first person who I've seen with this avatar. So you know what, go get another one for yourself man.

With alot of crap,

Moose
Fine then!! jk

I've had the avatar for a while. But I haven't been posting much since I started at Full Sail and when I do its mainly in the For Sale forum trying to buy stuff.....Well, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with a fellow StrongBad fan....even if you ask retarded questions
Old 03-11-2003, 03:57 PM   #36
ruf
Zilvia FREAK!

ruf is an unknown quantity at this point
My suggestions:

1) Get the Subaru.
2) Spend a lot more on aftermarket parts in an attempt to make it faster.
3) Get the hell off this board.

Or skip directly to 3.
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #37
moose
Zilvia Member

moose is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ruf
My suggestions:

1) Get the Subaru.
2) Spend a lot more on aftermarket parts in an attempt to make it faster.
3) Get the hell off this board.

Or skip directly to 3.
One word for you -- ass
Old 03-11-2003, 07:43 PM   #38
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Hey everyone, I have an Idea, post a pic of yourself with your car, here I'll start...
http://s14phlip.tripod.com//sitebuil.../frontseat.jpg

And I write too!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:49 PM   #39
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by PHLIP
Hey everyone, I have an Idea, post a pic of yourself with your car, here I'll start...
http://s14phlip.tripod.com//sitebuil.../frontseat.jpg
LOL....that was random. But your pic didn't work. I think I'm gonna take a pic of me and/or my g/f in my engine bay before I get the SR in
Old 03-11-2003, 10:14 PM   #40
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
LOL....that was random. But your pic didn't work. I think I'm gonna take a pic of me and/or my g/f in my engine bay before I get the SR in
Random? Yeah... I wanted our pal there to show us a pic of HIS 240, since he saw fit to come on the forum and jerk someone's avatar... Mine worked when I firts made the post, but stopped sometime soon after that, so I assume tripod must want me to PAY for my web page or some shit like that... You can copy the addy onto the address bar or run by the page, the pics don't reflect my new suspension, so it looks like a 4x4 on there right now... I may make that change this weekend, seeing as how I've been without computer at home for a while now (this is my first zilvia post at home since november). When are you getting the SR?

And I write too!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:17 PM   #41
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by PHLIP
Random? Yeah... I wanted our pal there to show us a pic of HIS 240, since he saw fit to come on the forum and jerk someone's avatar... Mine worked when I firts made the post, but stopped sometime soon after that, so I assume tripod must want me to PAY for my web page or some shit like that... You can copy the addy onto the address bar or run by the page, the pics don't reflect my new suspension, so it looks like a 4x4 on there right now... I may make that change this weekend, seeing as how I've been without computer at home for a while now (this is my first zilvia post at home since november). When are you getting the SR?
Gotcha. His profile says he's got an S14 but he talks like he doesn't. About my SR.....I actually have it sitting at my uncles shop and I have,as of yesterday, recieved the rest of my parts that I needed for the swap!! But, I'm going to school 8 hours a day, and working 3hrs a day on top of that....Tuesday- Saturday....Soooo, I might have to wait a month or 2 before I have the time to work on it.

See....wouldn't it be funny to have someone stand in there?
*WARNING* pic is large
Old 03-12-2003, 09:52 AM   #42
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Gotcha. His profile says he's got an S14 but he talks like he doesn't. About my SR.....I actually have it sitting at my uncles shop and I have,as of yesterday, recieved the rest of my parts that I needed for the swap!! But, I'm going to school 8 hours a day, and working 3hrs a day on top of that....Tuesday- Saturday....Soooo, I might have to wait a month or 2 before I have the time to work on it.

See....wouldn't it be funny to have someone stand in there?
*WARNING* pic is large
Exactly, times sometimes make us believe will have that car before it becomes and issue, but then when it doesn't... I'm being mean, lemme stop. Re: the SR... Cool beans, how long do you think the swap will take you. And yes it would be funny to see people in the engine bay, but there is a guy in atlanta that can get 2 people in his sngine bay, and the engine is still there.

And I write too!
Old 03-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #43
ruf
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by moose
One word for you -- ass
Just like you to use 5 words when trying to only use 1.

I'm taking the pix so none with my mug in it.
Here's a pic of the HMS Vengeance on her first stripdown:

HMS Vengeance starboard:

Only pic I have with part of me in it (fingers). Blitz Active clutch/flywheel:

Toys:

More toys:

So much work, so little time...:
Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 PM   #44
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
hurry up lazy guy. haha
let me see more pics of the SS. so nice so nice!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 12:52 PM   #45
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

WOW....I wish I had all those parts just lying around.... I a few questions. What makes it an active clutch? And is that an AEM EMS i see? That last pic makes me want to go and clean my engine and engien bay up and make it look purty.

As for my swap, I'm gonna do it in steps. So, it will probably take me 2-3 days worth of work spread over a month or so. This has been a works in progress for over a year now!!!!

TIP: Buy the entire clip from a reputible source....don't do what I did.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #46
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Re: Toys...
Let's all say it together now: DAYUMM!!!!
I did, however, find one thing to be a little funny... Did anyone notice "short stroke shifter?" Maybe it was just me, what is that, C's? I have a B&M in mine, "short throw sport shifter" as they call it. I call it a step below masturbation.

And I write too!
Old 03-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #47
ruf
Zilvia FREAK!

Not really active. Guess it's just a marketing name. Single plate should be good for >400lbft. AEM EMS for Honda Accord. Custom wiring/programming to get it to work with my SR.

The shifter is a C's. Dousan, is that what you meant by SS? That thing is ****ing me off. I think I got the wrong top cover. I'm about to machine a new internal spacer.

Oh BTW, "HMS" = "Hillbilly Motor Sports". We just thought it was hilarious that the seats were sitting outside of the car. We were lounging on them thinking, "We need a styrofoam cooler of beer and the car up on cinderblocks and then we'd REALLY be from Texas...

No one noticed the OEM kouki side skirts? Oh crap. NOW I know what you mean by SS... I'll get some more pics later.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #48
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
sweet
oem kouki skirts are badass. 3 piece mmmm so nice. and tough you can hit cones and go off track and still be ok. i need some!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #49
ruf
Zilvia FREAK!

2-piece. Still haven't figured out how they go on. Lazy.