Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Shipping surface from Japan how long should it really take.

Has any one ordered and had there stuff shipped sea freight? They quoted me 30-45 days from Japan I'm at 43 and still nothing. Tracker does not even show it ran through customs in Japan and is on the the boat. All it shows is that it was processed through a sort facility. This was for a set of dmax floor mats.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
kpnasty
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kpnasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
surface mail is a joke, could take up to 90 days.. could be sitting at customs waiting to clear.. etc. id contact the seller tho and make sure they did or didnt get tracking. paying the extra money is well worth it because ive had things arrive faster from japan than they do from california
Old 01-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Dang.. At that point I would want my money back and I'll re turn if it does make it to me. This was a Christmas gift from gf she did not realize paying 20 dollars more meant air shipping ;(. But 90 days is crazy I messaged the seller he hasn't gotten back to me. Took 3 weeks just to make the floor mats and this shipped supposedly November 28.. I contacted them with my concerns and was told it will come mid way though January well here we are mid way through and nothing..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Its January 10th... Not mid-way through the month. Just be patient.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Yes you always have to be patient man, that stuff takes forever. When I was in Japan I declined people wanting to get surface mail because I didn't want claims on my paypal because of their impatience. Tracking on surface mail is a joke as you've figured out. But if the seller is legit, you shouldn't have any problems.
va240dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

I'll follow you're guys advise hold off a few more days.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #7
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
where can one buy some DMAX floormats here in USA? new not used
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
When it comes to international shipping, it can definitely be a headache. Tried to run a parts importing business this past summer and a lot of people were super impatient even when I explained to them how long it could take. The hassle and effort used is what made me decide to end it.

People don't realize that once it is out being shipped, there isn't anything I or the merchant can do about it. Its not like I can personally go up to the shipping carrier and ask them to hurry it up.

From experience, once it is at customs, they usually get too lazy to scan it when it is en route. While it has been 43-44 days, it could be in the states. If it has been a truly unreasonable amount of time like 3+ months, that is when you start panicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
where can one buy some DMAX floormats here in USA? new not used
There's a small questions thread and if you're feeling bright, use the forum search.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
Kriskouki
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (199)
Kriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 199 reviews
International Surface mail services isn't the choice for business.....Especially when it comes into a hurry and rush of a buyer to see what they paid their money for........Surface mail is only for personal use that you don't need any timeline or rush.....I only use surface mail to send gifts to my family
Kriskouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #10
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just had a very rare rear bumper/side skirts shipped over from Japan... First of all, shipping was outrageous (hair more than the parts themselves)- but nothing compared to what it would have cost air freight lol... Shipping took 60-90 days, then I ended up with a $60 customs bill to boot.

OP, just wait it out. Not very convenient, but there is nothing you or the merchant can do once the package is en route.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
dnice78
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
dnice78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Always takes 2-3 months.
dnice78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Just wait it out a little more Kev. It'll be worth it in the end.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM   #13
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
haha surface is great. Took 6 months for my advans. 4 months for JUN hood/grille. Of course those items are made upon order though. Waiting is part of it. I don't understand how people want the JDM stuff then get mad when it takes a while to show up. The best thing to do is, order them, feel good about it, forget about them, then they show up and you surprise yourself even though you knew you already owned them.

I've had things get to me in 3 days from japan. I've also had things sit in customs for a month. It is it what is no matter air,sea,train,spaceship,bike,bus etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I've had things get to me in 3 days from japan. I've also had things sit in customs for a month. It is it what is no matter air,sea,train,spaceship,bike,bus etc.
i want all my parts to come from japan via bike!!!

i've had small things show up quickly (throttle pulley, attain exhaust guard and radiator block off plate) and i've had larger things take for EVER (sets of wheels, etc)

sucks waiting, but its part of the game.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #15
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Surface? Only use it if you don't really care when the items will show up. I've had stuff take only a few weeks (less then 3 weeks), while other times... Things had taken a few month (see 3-4 months) to arrive.

Just take it easy, it's a slow process. Next time, use EMS shipping if you need something rather quickly.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #16
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Took me 8 weeks to get 2 sets of wheels back when I used sea freight. Tracking didn't show anything and is pretty useless.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #17
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Always try to ship air.

Anything else takes forever.

Don't hold the shipper liable.

They did their job.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabe View Post
Took 3 weeks just to make the floor mats and this shipped supposedly November 28..
That means D-Max got them to us a week ahead of schedule (which is clearly stated as 30 days on our website). And they did not "supposedly" ship on the 28th. They, in fact, shipped on the 27th, which is clearly shown on the Japan Post tracker. Technically, we could have sat on them for a week before shipping them and still had them out "on time", instead we shipped them as soon as they came in.

I am fairly neurotic about keeping records and for the 129 packages we sent via Surface shipping last year the average time to arrival was 33 days. It has been a particularly popular option for our customers over the winter because so many cars are in storage.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Been well over 45 days now still nothing... Emailed no reply for two days now.. Did the ship sink or pirates take it over ? No bump from customs