Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #151
'90RPS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
Grant should sell the Stagea, buy a baller ass S13. Done. DO IT.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #152
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
farzam

should i
a. keep my stagea, buy some more stuff and more stuff or
b. sell it for 10,000 pay off a 3,000 loan, and buy another s chassis, make another sileighty, and make it baller?

im not sure what to do

IT WAS JUST CINCO DE MAYO MADE THE STAGEA A CINCO DE MAYO MOBILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 05-06-2007, 03:31 AM   #153
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
haha just for fun even though I know what I'm going to buy in the end...

gt3040r

or

gt3582r

if you don't know no worries

even if you knew nothing of turbo sizing its fine, because im almost at the point where I might flip a coin.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #154
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Any sites out there where i can purchase oem stuff for my s14?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #155
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Hey, awesome thread...

I've been looking at suspension parts all day, got a couple quick questions for ya...

For parts like Tension Rods/Rucas/etc, the prices fluctuate from brand to brand a lot. How is the quality of say splparts.com's tension rods ($189) vs JIC tension rods ($360). I ask because most people on here say you get what you pay for, yet I also see lots of people recomending splparts.com for suspension upgrades.

Also, Stance GR+ Pro coil overs... Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks a bunch for this thread
Old 05-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #156
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
Farzam, I found a way too make 200hp for under $1000...
Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #157
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtdream View Post
Any sites out there where i can purchase oem stuff for my s14?
Courtesy Nissan I think is the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
haha just for fun even though I know what I'm going to buy in the end...

gt3040r

or

gt3582r

if you don't know no worries

even if you knew nothing of turbo sizing its fine, because im almost at the point where I might flip a coin.

I flipped a coin.

gt3582r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Hey, awesome thread...

I've been looking at suspension parts all day, got a couple quick questions for ya...

For parts like Tension Rods/Rucas/etc, the prices fluctuate from brand to brand a lot. How is the quality of say splparts.com's tension rods ($189) vs JIC tension rods ($360). I ask because most people on here say you get what you pay for, yet I also see lots of people recomending splparts.com for suspension upgrades.

Also, Stance GR+ Pro coil overs... Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks a bunch for this thread
It's personal preference really.

It's 50% quality 10% pricing 40% name.

IMO i'd get battle version tension rods, cause that's the only one i've had so far and they worked more than fine on my beater hatch...

Really you just need to find 3 core people you trust that are at least kinda friends and ask em whenver you dunno shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Farzam, I found a way too make 200hp for under $1000...

Okay, Sam!

Hahah jk.

About to PM you about it.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #158
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30440

Sharing the love for you, and Zilvia. 200CHP for under 1000. Stock cams too..
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #159
Farzam
Post Whore!

Thanks Sam.

I was thinking about NA KA but KA-T is tempting.

Or saving up for an RB.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #160
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Will we ever be able to rev a KA to 9000 RPM safely?...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #161
Farzam
Post Whore!

With enough money, anything is possible.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #162
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Spare us the discussion, this thread is to ask Farzam car-related questions and he either answers them or finds the answers, not to have a discussion that could go down in an AIM chat.
It is in Tech, Steve, because he is to be asked questions that are generally technical.

And I write too!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #163
dom0988

Trader Rating: (2)
dom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to alldom0988 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just bought an sr. Should the wiring harness be cut anywhere if they claim it comes "uncut"?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:15 PM   #164
Synicals13
Zilvia Member

Synicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choices
why does my sr engine(pretty much stock) idle so rough and inconsistant. Ever since i got the swap in, its been running really rough. The whole shifter shakes. Sometimes it will idle at 900......at other times it will fluctuate from 900-600-700rpm. What do ya think is the cause?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #165
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
here's is an issue I have been having...

First of all I have an SR with fmic, eletrical fans and stock thermostat. I use a Pivot Fan Control Gauge-X to act as a thermostat for the fans as well as a more accurate gauge. Also the water pump and thermostat were both replaced a little over a year ago. Here are the problems I have been having.
1.) the gauge becomes horribly inaccurate when the fans come on. I know this b/c it will read 220 degrees F and I shut off the car and it will read 180....it's never consistent. Although I'm not 100% that the car is not running hot.
2.) the car "pulses" when the fans come on (rpm's don't change, it's more of a vibration thing)
I have "bled" the coolant system to the best of my ability, so I don't think thats the issue. Have any ideas on how to fix this? I just want it to be reliable again for daily use if I need it.

As a quick fix , or maybe a permanent one, I was planning on putting a clutch fan and shroud (which I already have) in and possibly getting a nismo thermostat. Although that looks like it's gonna be tricky b/c of the condenser ( i think it's the condenser, I still have a/c).
Old 05-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #166
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
Found you a motor farzie for $200.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/326462876.html
Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #167
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
would you consider going "white bunny" 240mm clutch on a Sohc KA overkill?

and performance wise is it worth doing?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #168
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom0988 View Post
I just bought an sr. Should the wiring harness be cut anywhere if they claim it comes "uncut"?
This was worded shitty...

The wiring harness should be modified to be used.

The wiring harness is crimped a lot...so it may look like it's cut.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #169
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synicals13 View Post
why does my sr engine(pretty much stock) idle so rough and inconsistant. Ever since i got the swap in, its been running really rough. The whole shifter shakes. Sometimes it will idle at 900......at other times it will fluctuate from 900-600-700rpm. What do ya think is the cause?
MAF
CAS
Bad timing
Vacuum leak
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #170
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
would you consider going "white bunny" 240mm clutch on a Sohc KA overkill?

and performance wise is it worth doing?
I dont' know what your'e doig with the car, the future mods you want, current mods, or any good info.

With that being said, ebay a clutch, cause you probably will upgrade the motor someday and why spend a lot on something you'll end up ditching in a month when an ebay unit isn't even that bad?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #171
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Does "Prolong" really work?...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #172
Nissan240sxDriver

Trader Rating: (7)
Nissan240sxDriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i installed some aftermarket gauges. had to pull of the needles. put them back on and they aren't reading right. any ideas on what could be the problem? or possibly reset the gauges? thank you.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:44 AM   #173
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irukandji View Post
Did you make this thread to just get your post count up? It's an honest question I think...
To prove he can contribute to tech.

Er... well search old tech posts.

Whatever.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #174
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
what color should i paint my m30

im thinking navy slammed on some all gold 15s...slight pinkish tint
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #175
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow, 8 month old thread...