Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #241
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by okterrific View Post
Ok, last time I am going to reply to this.
1) 10hz is the MINIMUM sample rate. you can set it to 10,20,30,40,50, etc. up to 100hz. This is CONFIGURABLE in the software.

2) My second point is still stands, I would much rather buy a Calum or Nistune ECCS setup than an EMS & et all. Hell, I would rather convert to the U12 Stanza ecu and use an emulator for realtime.
The Microcontroller is a POS.
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ents/2545S.pdf

8 Bit? 4mhz? NO A/D input?

Atmel?

28 PIN DIP? Kill me now.

The maxim chip is a crutch for the POS Atmel.

Could have build the whole thing without dips and through-hole garbage for $8 a piece at a board house, have it 1/10th the size using qfp devices. The use of this garbage can type diy build is what makes it reminicent of the 70's or 80's era equipment. The only thing that brings this close to the future is the use of an led 7seg and VW/Bosch's 4 wire.

As for the quoted sample rate, thats a bunch of garbage, thats how many times the firmware would "like" to take a sample. Its maximum REAL sample rate will be much much less (obviously).

Is this ROHS compliant? Or are we killing ourselves and poisoning our ground water with this?

The thread has been trashed. Buy this because you like tinkering. Don't buy it because you are low $, if you are not tech smart and don't have the money, work more and buy lm-1,plx, or NGK and save your time.

Remember Time = Money too.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #242
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^^^ Major dap for Johngriff stepping up to the plate....... It's a home run!!!!!LOL

Last edited by BigVinnie; 05-16-2008 at 08:16 AM..
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #243
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
8 Bit? 4mhz? NO A/D input?

Atmel?

28 PIN DIP? Kill me now.
If I remember correctly those 28PIN Atmel use to be in the old school 8 bit nintendo cartridges. I use to see chips that were labeled Atmel on them.
I bet you these chips have been stored in a dry fridge for like 20 years or so because these chips couldn't be properly disposed of.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 05-16-2008 at 08:49 AM..
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #244
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just ran across this thread, any updates on people's uses with this? Does this replace the o2 completely like the lc1? Or .. is it an additional o2 and still needs the stock o2?

Does it work with nistune?
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #245
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs240 View Post
Just ran across this thread, any updates on people's uses with this? Does this replace the o2 completely like the lc1? Or .. is it an additional o2 and still needs the stock o2?

Does it work with nistune?
I do not believe it has a narrowband output - that's what you need to replace the stock 02 sensor... but you don't want to put your wideband in the stock location anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem having your OEM sensor plugged in.

It should work just as well as any other wideband for Nistune, since it uses the standard 5V output.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #246
C_MONEY

C_MONEY is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always heard good things about the jaw , i guess for the price its better then nothing
C_MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #247
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh okay, well my o2 is actually at the downpipe. I have a 4-2-1 header which replaces regular manifold and downpipe. The o2 is right before the cat at the downpipe end, so thats not bad i think. Correct me if I'm wrong say yay or nay heh
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #248
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i've been using this for almost a year now. no problems. my car runs great, and the jaw has been really helpful. i bought the jaw from the OP.

brief list of mods:
s13 sr
greddy t518z
pfc
sti injectors
z32 maf
champagnes13 is offline   Reply With Quote