Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #91
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
This maybe a big undertaking, but can everyone that is interested send an email to [email protected] So i can keep a list of people interested easily at hand.
It would be good if you could include where you're livin, what chassis you have and what engine you have and maybe contact info.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #92
drftsub
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
drftsub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
mail sent, thanks for workin on this
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #93
oscar
Leaky Injector

oscar is an unknown quantity at this point
email sent. thanks for all your dedication and work. would also pay 500 for this
Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #94
timtiminy
Zilvia Addict

timtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the roughtimtiminy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to timtiminy
email sent. hopefully we can really get the ball rolling on this.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #95
guitaraholic
Zilvia Junkie

guitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of light
How much is the Total Cost going to be. I think what will keep people from jumping on board when it comes does to the money is the fact that they might figure, why pay for it when others can put forth the money to make it legal (free riding) there is a way we can get around that. Find out the total cost of it. Then pretty much make the total cost and divide it by the amounts that are paid in by everyone. Kind of like buying stock. Then, once the dues are paid, and its legal, everyone who has put in makes their share of profit from future people that go to legalize. The more you initially invest. The more you make in the future.

Just throwing that out as an idea.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #96
s13gold
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
s13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
hell yeahh im interested.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #97
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
It would be nice to have my car legal. Then I don't have to buy a truck and trailer. I'd be willing to pay to have it legalized.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #98
pablo180
Zilvia Member

pablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of lightpablo180 is a glorious beacon of light
Any new progress on this?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #99
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i'll send an email after work =) like above says ^^^ any progress? what are the things that still need to get done... besides everything?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #100
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Hey all, sorry no new news yet, still working on compiling information.
more probably wednesday.
Thank you all who have sent me emails.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #101
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
ok let me say this since no one has spoken up about it. Do not use the U.S. SR20DE as the basis for your arguement. The state specifically states that any FWD configuration is not legal in a RWD setup period!! That comes straight from the State CARB referee , who I had a big discussion with once about this stuff.
If your going to get your certification its going to have to be off the SR20det , RB25DET etc.
I should remind you, the biggest problem you will have is the fact that we are talking about engines only.
YOu stated in your first post about cars. Now if you want to do the SR thing right what you need to do is get it certified through your company in a RHD car. Then it would be legal for people to swap the engine into our LHD cars because the engine was certified in a car in California. I think your boss would say its to much trouble to certify the engine only since it was never offered on a U.S. platform in RWD configuration.

Once you have a car certified in California its another story though i.e. hence the whole statement by me about using a RHD car to do it. Now it just so happens that the only skyline ever certified in the U.S. was a R33GTST through the DOT and EPA by Motorex. This is on the books for anyone to look up as well.
Given that, the engine with the most likely chance to get a CARB E.O. sticker through your company would be the RB25DET the engine in the D.O.T.'d EPA's R33 Skyline GTST!! It would probably require a dual cat setup as that was what Motorex did.
So since that is most likely to succeed I smile bigtime. Why? I own a RB25DET powered S13. I would love that certification. Please contact me or I will contact you as I think we would most likely have quick success with that a lot sooner than the whole SR deal. Yes I will pay $500 for that.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 02-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #102
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I wasn't planning on using the FWD SR as the basis, just as a fulcrum that the engine family (SR20DE) has been certified in the US. I am very aware that there are significant differences between them, most obvious is the turbo.
The reasons I chose to want to certify the JDM engine in the USDM car is the fact that the evaporative emissions (gas cap, canister, vac lines etc...) have already been certified in the US.
Everyone that has valuable info like this please, let me know! its all invaluable to the cause!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #103
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
email sent! (gluck w/ your progress)
Old 02-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #104
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Given that, the engine with the most likely chance to get a CARB E.O. sticker through your company would be the RB25DET the engine in the D.O.T.'d EPA's R33 Skyline GTST!! It would probably require a dual cat setup as that was what Motorex did.

this makes me happy
Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #105
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrg
This topic has came up many times before. If you ran 100% of the emission stuff in the sr20det; you can pass SMOG with flying colors. The only thing it wont pass is visuals. The reason why most fail smog in many states is because when a sr20det swap is done to a usdm car, the AIV port is cut and pluged up (hits the steering). The exhaust gas recirculation valve is also removed along the charcoal canister and other such emission equipments.

You would have to make custom AIV valves just to get it all working correctly

driftingisgay.com
Old 02-12-2007, 07:27 PM   #106
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg
The only thing it wont pass is visuals.
Have you read the rest of the thread?
Thats the whole point.
I know it will pass tailpipe, but not visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg
This topic has came up many times before. If you ran 100% of the emission stuff in the sr20det; you can pass SMOG with flying colors. The only thing it wont pass is visuals. The reason why most fail smog in many states is because when a sr20det swap is done to a usdm car, the AIV port is cut and pluged up (hits the steering). The exhaust gas recirculation valve is also removed along the charcoal canister and other such emission equipments.

You would have to make custom AIV valves just to get it all working correctly
However, thank you for this part, this is the kind of info I need

Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #107
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
Good LUCK!! I'm originally from San Jose, CA and have nephews in Stockton, CA who'll definitely be interested in this. We know how much of a haggle CA smog laws are. Smog in CA is one of the reasons I sold my last S14. BTW my nephew's last smog passed the sniffer too and that was with a hi-flow cat.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #108
domo dorigato
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
domo dorigato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to domo dorigato
interested in this thing as well!! keep it up
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #109
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I am sure if there was a new thread with the topic
(willing to pay 400 bucks to legalize your SR????)
and then give a quick explanation of what has been said here and the email you gave us, you would probably get hundreds of email messages withing the next few days.
I just happened to stumble upon the thread..
I am sure that any SR owner that actually read this thread would support and want this, so lets get the word out in the other threads if possible too..
hope the mods dont mind.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #110
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

+1
Hey everyone, thanks for your support, I have gotten a few awesome emails and am really excited about getting this off the ground. Keep the support comin!

Old 02-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #111
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
I'd post this thread on other forums too, but I'm not sure about how happy mods of those other threads would be. I even put this on my Myspace. Gotta get the word out!

Last edited by Psycho 240 Freak; 02-13-2007 at 06:18 AM..
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #112
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I guess I could create a myspace group

Old 02-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #113
coupelove626
BANNED

coupelove626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20detman
for anyone who passes smog , thats great but you will not pass a test only station with an SR. and the visual part is bullshit, my car passed sniffer with no cat. no egr, with upgraded fuel pump. no charcoal canister, no egr. just visual that gets us.

SR20DET man is right, the SR does run cleaner than KA. *thank you nissan for coil on plug* hahhahaha

The visual does it for us lol. You have to hook up the current probe on cylinder number 1. There is an obvious problem...I think the smog machine tells the technician what kind of ignition system our cars should have.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #114
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupelove626
SR20DET man is right, the SR does run cleaner than KA. *thank you nissan for coil on plug* hahhahaha

The visual does it for us lol. You have to hook up the current probe on cylinder number 1. There is an obvious problem...I think the smog machine tells the technician what kind of ignition system our cars should have.
Wow, again have you not read the rest of the thread?
We know this, and that is why the car needs a CARB e.o. to pass.

However I would like to state again that it isnt simply as easy as getting a sticker to say which emissions equiptment the car should now have, it has to pass a more rigorous tailpipe test then just a smog.

The car has to be on a dyno loaded to the approx. inertia weight of the car (I think). Is cold started and then has to follow a dyno trace simulating road conditions. Then the car is "hot soaked" and then hot started and follows the trace again. I believe that is all the test will take since we are aiming to certify the JDM engine in the USDM car, it wont have to take the evaporative emissions test.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #115
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Hey everybody, I am writing a formal project proposal covering all SR and RB models as well as S13 and S14 chassis. I could use useful information and also someone to proof read and make sure my info is correct, because I am sourcing it from the FAQ threads here, on other forums, on sites and on wikipedia.
Edit:
S13 SR Redtop
S13 SR Black top
S14 SR
S15 SR
RB20DET
RB25DET
RB26DETT

89- 98 240sx models

Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #116
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
what do you need read? What info do you need? I know a little bit about this stuff. I am going to email you. . .
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 AM   #117
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg
I guess I could create a myspace group
Yessssss
good start.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #118
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
im in! lmk asap 400$ legalisation owns the 400$ ref ticket + hastle + court + time + lunch + gas.

Review Thread
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #119
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Lunch, hahaha

Old 02-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #120
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
its the lunch part that pisses me off, i dont even care about the ticket or the court fees, haha
Closed Thread