Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #121
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Disconnect the power cable to the engine (starter), diagnose where the problem is, and then reconnect the engine...

I suspect you just grounded something you shouldn't have... Check the fuses, especially the main fuse...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #122
benefitx
Banned from the Marketplace

benefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choices
ive checked everything.........but the thing is there is no interior power and the if i turn on the lights, they light up but dont go up...like sleepy eyes.....

radio doesnt work...starter has no power. nothing is getting power...wtf!
benefitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #123
HellonFire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
HellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HellonFire
You fucked up rebuilding your motor. You said earlier it took you, a friend, and a breaker bar to spin your crank. The starter can't spin that. Way to go.

Tyler
HellonFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #124
benefitx

benefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choices
i had to break it free...it started spinning freely after that...just like how nikeboy said...and what the fuck does that have to do with the starter and interior not getting power?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #125
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Ehhh...?? Did you hook up the batter cables backwards?

Test the voltage off the stater + wire, and ground the other lead of the multimeter to the Intake Manifold. If you are not getting full battery voltage, you have bad grounds.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #126
HellonFire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
HellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HellonFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefitx View Post
i had to break it free...it started spinning freely after that...just like how nikeboy said...and what the fuck does that have to do with the starter and interior not getting power?
Ah, I didn't see that it spun freely after that.

And if you would pay attention, I said the starter wouldn't be able to turn a crank that was that hard to turn.

Confusing, I know.

Tyler
HellonFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #127
benefitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
Ehhh...?? Did you hook up the batter cables backwards?

Test the voltage off the stater + wire, and ground the other lead of the multimeter to the Intake Manifold. If you are not getting full battery voltage, you have bad grounds.
i have a surge protector thing it shows the voltage...its 12.3 and 13 when i was jumping it
Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #128
benefitx

even with bad grounds...wouldnt interior still get power? when the engine was out of the car i could play the radio and stuff
Old 06-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #129
benefitx

still nothing.....
Old 06-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #130
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
still nothing.....
you obviously blew a fuse - or toasted something - get a tester and have a feild day finding it!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #131
benefitx

im about to pull each and everyone of the fuses in the kick panel
Old 06-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #132
benefitx

pulled every single fuse...they are all good...
Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #133
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
pulled every single fuse...they are all good...
now you have the box in the engine bay - and then all your relays and then check for toasted wires! It will take you alot longer than 1 hr to do this!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #134
benefitx

seat belts arent working either....i think i just need to charge the battery longer
Old 06-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #135
benefitx

well its not the battery..
Old 06-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #136
benefitx

this is what i mean by pop ups stay down but lights turn on...

cool effect but doesnt help any...

and do these two plugs plug into anything?? they both come out of the fuse box in the engine bay...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #137
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
even with bad grounds...wouldnt interior still get power? when the engine was out of the car i could play the radio and stuff
not necessarily, I haven't had this problem on a nissan, but had it on an acura a few years ago. Basically the ECU wasn't grounded and ended up burning up the main relay somehow, may not have been connected at all, but they were both present. Do you have anyone nearby who has soldering tools? I would get a magnifying glass and start checking relay connections and/or burnt wiring.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #138
benefitx

which relay? ecu is getting power though
Old 06-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #139
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
which relay? ecu is getting power though
getting power, is it sending any signal?

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #140
benefitx

how do i check? i only checked if its getting power by putting the keys in and turning the screw for the code...and it blinks light...

but hey i rechecked the fuses real close and the 75A alternator fuse is blown
Old 06-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #141
benefitx

what do i solder it back up
Old 06-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #142
benefitx

i searched 75a alternator fuse...bingo...tons of other people having the same problem when this fuse goes out...blank clock , whacky interior shit...battery dieing...im kinda happy that if i get a new fuse or whatever it will work but i dont want to be dissapointed like the other 4000 things ive tried already
Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #143
benefitx

ok so i rigged the terminals of the relay so they were just about touching each other...plugged it in and voila , everything works again..clock , radio , lights... but still starter gets no power...just "click , click , click"
Old 06-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #144
benefitx

would the clutch slave have to be bled for it to start? is that whats keeping it from starting?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #145
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

Big Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
would the clutch slave have to be bled for it to start? is that whats keeping it from starting?
The clutch slave has absolutely nothing to do with the car starting. If the clicking you are hearing is the starter solenoid, you either don't have battery power to the starter, your engine ground is not good, or the battery is low. The start circuit is very simple, it should be easy to trace why it won't start. Use a DVOM to check the start signal on the solenoid - it should have 12v when cranking. You should have 12V from the battery to the solenoid, and you should have a ground strap from the block to the battery. That is all it needs to start.
Big Bronze Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #146
benefitx

i have all of those...the starter has both the thing that plugs in and the round thing that goes around the stud and a nut attaches to it....the engine is grounded also...i have 12.6 volts from the battery and 13.0 when jump starting....it doesnt make sense
Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #147
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

Big Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the rough
Have you measured voltage on the start signal to the solenoid with a DVOM yet? Are you getting power there when you try and crank?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #148
benefitx

the stud one or the plug in one
Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #149
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

The small gauge wire that plugs on - it should have battery voltage to it when you are cranking. It is what engages the starter solenoid. If there is no power, you get no crank. The stud from the + battery post should have battery voltage all the time.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #150
benefitx

yeah the stud...i accidently moved it and it started sparking everywhere ...could that blow something?...i guess ill check the plug thing for power