Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #151
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Big Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
yeah the stud...i accidently moved it and it started sparking everywhere ...could that blow something?
Yeah, its quite possible that could blow something. Shorting stuff to ground is never good for electronics, but maybe you got lucky.
Big Bronze Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #152
benefitx
Banned from the Marketplace

benefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choices
eh im about to give up
benefitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #153
benefitx

benefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choicesbenefitx has made poor choices
OK im getting no power to the one that plugs in...checked with a voltometer

Last edited by benefitx; 06-10-2007 at 03:19 PM..
Old 06-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #154
benefitx

bump........
Old 06-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #155
benefitx

i know someone has had this problem before...if i dont get it fixed soon i might have to take it to a shop which i dont want to do and spend alot of money to find that some stupid thing that i overlooked...any help?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #156
benefitx

ok i had my brother listen while i tried to start it to see where the clicking was coming from...

it is coming from some blue relay on the passenger side compartment by the headlight area...this is a pic of it

if you put your hand on it...you can feel it clicking
Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #157
rim_bender
Zilvia Junkie

rim_bender is on the path to ruinrim_bender is on the path to ruinrim_bender is on the path to ruin
relays click man, thats what they do

thats just the relay turning on/off, if its clicking that means its working

its not your problem

and, you need to test the voltage on the starter wire WHILE you are trying to start the car, it only gets power when you turn the key all the way. And im talking about the small gauge wire that clips on, not the fat wire that bolts to the stud.
rim_bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #158
benefitx

well ok...i mean i tried to test it but i mean i have only a old school voltometer thing it has a black needle and a red needle...where do i put them?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #159
benefitx

bump

length.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #160
Nikeboy355
Zilvia Addict

Nikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond reputeNikeboy355 has a reputation beyond repute
Put the black needle on any ground and touch the red needle on that smaller wire... When you turn the key to the "start" position, you should see voltage...
Nikeboy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #161
benefitx

i did that...i got nothing
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #162
Big Bronze Rim
Zilvia Member

Big Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the roughBig Bronze Rim is a jewel in the rough
I would then break out the start schematic from the FSM and back trace the start signal and figure out why there is no power.
Big Bronze Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #163
lazierhobo
Zilvia Member

lazierhobo is on the path to ruinlazierhobo is on the path to ruin
first check if you getting power to the starter relay

its all about working backwards. you now know you dont have power to the starter. so look at where the power should be coming from.
lazierhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #164
benefitx

ok i think ive narrowed it down to these 2 wires that come from the main WIRING harness that bolt into the intake manifold and connect with 2 other wires...and those 2 other wires are conjunctioned into a black box that leads into the starter plug...

thic picture can explain it

Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #165
69datsun510
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self69datsun510 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You need to work your way backwards using the FSM on the start circuit

93 Coupe, 1969 510 2 Dr
69datsun510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #166
benefitx

if you read the whole thread you would know that i have already completed the rebuild...working on trying to get it started because the starter is getting no power.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #167
HellonFire
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
HellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud ofHellonFire has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HellonFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69datsun510 View Post
You need to work your way backwards using the FSM on the start circuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefitx View Post
if you read the whole thread you would know that i have already completed the rebuild...working on trying to get it started because the starter is getting no power.

Ahahahh! He was saying use the FSM to trace back the start circuit. LoL...

Tyler
HellonFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #168
benefitx

no i was talking to the guy who was giving me advice on how to take the engine apart , maybe he deleted his post.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #169
benefitx

ok so i just put the engine back in and started it up....now i have some ticking coming from the head...definetly not rod knock....

im thinking Maybe the HLA's got air in them or something...it doesnt progress that much with the rev's....havent drivin the car yet(driveshaft not in)
Old 06-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #170
benefitx

if its rod knock again im burning my car
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #171
benefitx

and its having trouble starting up....
Old 06-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #172
benefitx

ok so i just started cranking it , and it seems like the starter is trying to crank the motor....then i see smoke coming from the starter area...wtf is going on
Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #173
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Take the starter to get tested... Wierd problem. Wheres john griff when you need him? Check that the pos battery is running to the pos on the starter with no corrosion..

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote