Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #61
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did my "friend" place an order? Ill just have to get him myself. Im in though.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #62
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuy View Post
Did my "friend" place an order? Ill just have to get him myself. Im in though.

nope only person paid was ilovecoupes, but I already have his done except for the harness.
MegasquirtCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #63
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post
nope only person paid was ilovecoupes, but I already have his done except for the harness.

correction: im the only one who paid

cant wait to try this thing out... just got the car runnin today!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #64
chuy
Zilvia Addict

chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
dony give up on me yet
Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #65
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
I think what I'll do from now on, is actually pay for them myself and just sell them individually.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #66
frosti108
Zilvia Member

frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
sooooo when do u think itll be in the mail?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:17 PM   #67
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
sooooo when do u think itll be in the mail?

When Volkswagen calls me to let me know the harness parts came in, parts dude said this week it will be in.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #68
frosti108
Zilvia Member

sooooooooo hows it been workin for you on your ca? any problems or anything?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #69
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
sooooooooo hows it been workin for you on your ca? any problems or anything?
Pretty good, I really just use it to tune while friend drives and after tuning take it out, its not something I leave in their. I havent messed with the datalog features when I get to the dyno I might though.

Still no word, I'll try calling them in a bit to see whats up.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #70
frosti108
Zilvia Member

cool. yea i dont intend to data log with it... just want the mixture reading to do some real time tuning with....

bummer on the dealership... lemme know when they come through.

thanks man
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #71
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Who sent me money, aparetly the message was weird saying the part chuy wants send to whoever yada yada. I'm gonna be refunding this payment as I dont know what the fuck, not to mention theirs like 2 address on it to ship too and I aint protected by paypal.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #72
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Dude thats for me!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #73
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

aight tell your boy to resend by the way they sent $100, $10 short of $110.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #74
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Just curious, what does a normal set-up with similar options sell for? Like a factory made, ready to go unit?

Props on this idea though...i'm impressed.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #75
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
would this be something i should use with itb's?
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #76
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Just curious, what does a normal set-up with similar options sell for? Like a factory made, ready to go unit?

Props on this idea though...i'm impressed.

This is from what I gathered to mimick the Innovate LM-1 which goes for $350. But the lowest AFR gauge I believe goes for $230 which I think is the PLX kit.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #77
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
would this be something i should use with itb's?
This is something that is used for any application involving a internal combustion motor. So ITB's would benefit this. With ITB's your pulling in more air so you need to know your AFR to adjust the fuel map.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #78
frosti108
Zilvia Member

heres my car mostly put together and running.

lets see your car megasquirtca. i heard u have a ca18
Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #79
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hey I want to get the wideband o2 reader, just refresh me on how much it costs now. it's $115, right? PM me back and I'll send out the money. THANKS for the hook up.
champagnes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #80
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

its $110 shipped.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #81
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
heres my car mostly put together and running.

lets see your car megasquirtca. i heard u have a ca18
I sure do, CA18DET with GTi-R T28, mainly stock at the moment except for Megasquirt II V3.0 running FORD EDIS-4. 3" Catback yada yada.

I started doing powdercoating so im gonna dress up my engine bay when I come back from disney.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #82
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Woo, its pumaking from 240sxforums

whats up dude, this is teknobuzz89.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #83
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post
Alright lets get a list going for the people that wanna get one for $110. I need 5 people for that price if not its gonna cost $125. This doesnt include sensor. I might pick up another set for a friend.

So far:
thejapino
jskateborders
Chuy
98koukile (unknown)
punxva

I'll start collecting money friday the 21, I'll either PM you guys or post on here where to send payment.
ill get one too assembled since it can datalog

wil you include the software? or is there another source to get it from?
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #84
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
Woo, its pumaking from 240sxforums

whats up dude, this is teknobuzz89.

Bish how you not know it was me? Nothing much mang tryin to help peeps by making these kits for them.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #85
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
ill get one too assembled since it can datalog

wil you include the software? or is there another source to get it from?
Software is free, can be downloaded here.

http://14point7.com/JAW/Soft%20and%2...tup%201.14.exe
Old 10-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #86
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
I recognised the car

Add me on AIM or msn, we gotta talk about that gti-r turbo and that actuator bracket :P
Old 10-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #87
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
You douche!!! Why didn't you say you were on 240forums...lol.

Cool guy(on the forums anyways)... I just may pick one up from you. Are you swamped with orders and payments or do you have room/time for another?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #88
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
where do you/when do you want me to pay
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #89
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

[email protected] is my paypal addy.

The only person whos paid is frosti but I have his pretty much done, just waiting on the connector for the O2 sensor. Im waiting for chuy's guy to resend payment since I did a refund. But I got all the time for more orders. Send payments whenever you want guys just be courteous to the people who have paid and not to make them wait too long.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:14 AM   #90
gotta240
Post Whore!

Sorry for the newb question... BUT, here is what i plan on using it for, and would like to know if you think it can hold to the abuse..

My car RANDOMLY cuts out when driving. I've replaced almost everything possible, and still no answer. I want to use a wideband to see what the AFR is doing when it cuts out. The only problem is it cuts out like every other day of driving. SO, my q's are

1. can it withstand 2 days constant use without destroying the wideband sensor?

2. Will enough wiring be available for me to run it into my car? It seems like some have short wiring because they are intended for use outside the car while tuning.

Thanks