Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
oil filter adapters that REPLACE OE shit (KA)

I want to do an oil cooler setup but I want a sandwich adapter that REPLACES the OE filter thingamajig.

So I want one that bolts straight to the block.

Tomei makes an SR one..

any for KA?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
circuit sport makes for the sr too i dont think ive ever seen one for the KA
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
funny you mention it
it's on the list of things Mike and I have been
meaning to make at point or another.
maybe after we finish the project we're currently working on.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Huuurrryyyy uuuppp!

I've got the block naked and want to reassemble!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I hate to say it, but search... the ka block has the same thread pitch as a ford or gm cooler, you can order the sandwich adapter you're looking for from jegs... I dont necessarily have a link for you but i'm sure some searching on ka-t.org should find your answer.

That's all i'm giving you.

"Trans Dapt Oil Filter Relocation Kit [trans dapt 1120] <--- that's a part number"
Old 11-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
hes not looking for a sandwhich plate , hes looking for a replace ment oil filter plate , like the companies above make
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I hate to say it, but search... the ka block has the same thread pitch as a ford or gm cooler, you can order the sandwich adapter you're looking for from jegs... I dont necessarily have a link for you but i'm sure some searching on ka-t.org should find your answer.

That's all i'm giving you.

"Trans Dapt Oil Filter Relocation Kit [trans dapt 1120] <--- that's a part number"
hey douchebag!

READ!

I said REPLACES oem unit.
not the sandwich plate.

Yes, one with 4 bolt holes, not a thread pitch.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaquanh View Post
hes not looking for a sandwhich plate , hes looking for a replace ment oil filter plate , like the companies above make
<3

++++REEEPP
Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Make one, get a block of aluminum, take it to a machine shop and "copy" the stock one, with fittings. OR make the stock one work, cut out the threaded portion weld on a -10 fitting and drill out the return to the block and weld on an -10 fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, I don't think you have any off the shelf solutions.

They work awesome for an SR BTW.

lol.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaquanh View Post
whoops...
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
Make one, get a block of aluminum, take it to a machine shop and "copy" the stock one, with fittings. OR make the stock one work, cut out the threaded portion weld on a -10 fitting and drill out the return to the block and weld on an -10 fitting
up top, Juan said he and mike were gonna make one.
I don't have a machine shop or I'd do it myself.

I miss the Berkeley machine shop..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Yea, I don't think you have any off the shelf solutions.

They work awesome for an SR BTW.

lol.
Eat my peepee!! haha
Old 11-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #12
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I don't remember how it is on KA, but on SR you got 2 holes: in and out. The "budget" solution could always be to tap them to NPT and use NPT to AN fittings.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #13
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
tease, tease, tease....

10AN?
8AN?
Sensors?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #14
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
keep the primary inlet and outlet -10.

and leave 2 ports for an oil temp and oil pressure, i'm not sure what size those need to be though.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
keep the primary inlet and outlet -10.

and leave 2 ports for an oil temp and oil pressure, i'm not sure what size those need to be though.
1/8" NPT seems to be pretty much the standard

unless you're talkin about JDM gauges, which use BSPT if i recall correctly
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
word, tomei uses 1/8" npt for the sensor ports.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #17
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

HEY! Back off! Its mine! hahaha

I brought mine in to work today so I could CAD it up.
Guess you're already on it.

When is estimated completion date, Juan Valdez?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #18
ManoNegra

That my dear friend, is the million dollar question....
We got two new cars to work on
starting on a motor rebuild
about to swap a motor on a car for a guy
a previous project we're still trying to figure out
and on top of that we work 11 hour days...

honestly, I'm still learning the job and I'm no machinist
If I had the skills, believe me, things would get done a lot sooner

but the boss man tells me this is a pretty simple thing to do
we just gotta take the time and get off our asses
so, soonish I hope

Last edited by ManoNegra; 11-20-2008 at 09:20 AM..
Old 11-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #19
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Anything I can do to help?

I'll come in and work for free tomorrow. haha
I miss the smell of cutting oil and hot metal.

Mmm metal shards.

PS. I've got my block bare. Just need to find a head and order my pistons. PM me that shop's info.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #20
ManoNegra

You can come and wash/vacuum my car... and make me a sammich!
lol
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #21
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

I'llmake you some CHORIZO con juevos!

No me chinges..
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #22
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im interested in this as well. I was going to get the Prosport oil filter adapter.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #23
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
word, tomei uses 1/8" npt for the sensor ports.
Nope. BSPT. Because they hate america!
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #24
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir View Post
Nope. BSPT. Because they hate america!

haha greddy uses bspt too but i have a sr lol
i like prosport , they use npt
Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #25
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

MINE'S BETTER!!!

Did you make it yet?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
ManoNegra

is that metric!??
get that shit outta here, this is America!

Been busy with regular boring type work.
Maybe will work on it some more tonight.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

It is metric. Japanese use Metric!

in fact, we are the only retards not using metric. (i think)

Lets use a base system where we have to count to 12 instead of intervals of 10.. you know, like how many fingers we ahve!

WORK ON IT!! haha, I'm piston shopping as we speak.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Mano, what do you do? Engineer?

i want to engineer things.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
So I've been looking around for Oil Coolers, and it seems the KA's get no love, So I figured I'd go on a little mission to put a Kit for use guys together. Also every other Oil Cooler kit I've seen has either been approaching the $300 mark or exceeding it, so I decided to try and keep it under $200, which I think I did a fair job at. I Do not plan on making a write up on the install as I will not be purchasing the kit anytime soon. But if you may, you could purchase the kit and complete a write up.

Earl Oil Cooler Core (Comes w/ Mounting and -8 AN Fittings): $75
Perma Cool Oil Adpt. Sandwich 3/8 NPT In/Out (3/4-16" Is the Block Side Oil Nipple): $32
Summit Racing 3/8 NPT to -8 AN Adpt. (2x): $6 - Price Includes 2x
Summit Racing 90* Elbow -8 AN Hose End Fitting (Oil cooler Side - 2x): $30 - Price Includes 2x
Summit Racing Straight -8 AN Hose End Fitting (Oil Adpt. Side - 2x): $14 - Price Includes 2x
Summit Racing -8 AN SS 6ft.: $27
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Total: ***** $184 *****
I don't think help but hey.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
Om1kron
Post Whore!

"I don't want an adapter plate you cockmunching douchebag." - original poster

just an fyi, but at least you tried to help.