Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #31
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
lol @ this thread. stop being ghetto please. you are giving us all a bad name.
word, retina rape isn't cool

i should make a sticker lol
VQMaxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #32
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
You must not live in a city or the suburbs, because if you did there's no way you could ever drive around with high beams on and not be an asshole.
rofl

i'm seriously.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:50 PM   #33
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
im have this hid/headlite conversion on my 92' fastback and its not that bad.....

H4 10K HID & Projector H4 housing

looks like this....

What the hell is that?
That's the most horrible 'cutoff' I've ever seen!

Those headlights are what, lenses stuck in the middle of an H4 conversion housing? Absolutely retarded.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:14 AM   #34
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda View Post
hpipro4.. i see no cutoff
there is...see the curb light on the top thats the curb metal peice that goes underneath the hid bulb. if you take out the metal peice you would see full circle light and curb light wont be there!
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:15 AM   #35
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^You don't understand the concept of proper lighting output at all, do you?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #36
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelizard View Post

What the hell is that?
That's the most horrible 'cutoff' I've ever seen!

Those headlights are what, lenses stuck in the middle of an H4 conversion housing? Absolutely retarded.
its an h4 what do you expect....why what do you run on ur s13????or do you even have one!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #37
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
"Not that bad"? Good god man, that shit is HORRIBLE!
i know!!!which headlite are you using???

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQMaxFan View Post
Wow you deserve to be kicked in the balls.
awwwww dat hurts......

Quote:
^You don't understand the concept of proper lighting output at all, do you?
i guess not....thats why im here correct???
Old 12-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #38
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Okay, first of all, do you see what I've done here? The site has a nifty little feature called "Multi-quote". You should use it. One post is better than four. Now...

Quote:
its an h4 what do you expect....
Well, you can expect plenty from H4s. Get a good H4 headlamp housing such as Cibie or Hella and use quality bulbs, and you can expect fantastic lighting. You don't even need to run any shitty rebased HID kit in the housings to get good lighting.

Quote:
i know!!!which headlite are you using???
Silverstars. One of my stock headlights blew out, and the only thing left in stock at Autozone that night was the Silverstars. They suck, but thats okay. I don't drive much at night anyway.

Quote:
i guess not....thats why im here correct???
We're only giving you shit because you posted up a setup that is quite possibly the most janky fucking thing we've ever seen here, and you said it was decent. Clearly, it is NOT decent; it is absolute garbage.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #39
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

nice feature....anywayz

that was the only thing i could afford when i needed an h4 conversion housing cause i hated running sealed beams.....live and learn right!

what housing would you recommend if i stick with hid??

thanks for helpin the brotha out....
Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 AM   #40
soreballz
Post Whore!

^Cibie or Hella.

But its still gonna look like butt with HIDs in them. And not good butt like J-Lo or Vida Guerra... I'm talking 400 pound whale of a woman butt. NASTY.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #41
hacknik
Leaky Injector

hacknik is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Well, you can expect plenty from H4s. Get a good H4 headlamp housing such as Cibie or Hella and use quality bulbs, and you can expect fantastic lighting. You don't even need to run any shitty rebased HID kit in the housings to get good lighting.

This may be the nooobest question ever. But what kind of bulbs can be used in an H4 housing? Since you say HID's are shit. Bi-Xenons (or others) im assuming?
hacknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 AM   #42
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacknik View Post
This may be the nooobest question ever. But what kind of bulbs can be used in an H4 housing? Since you say HID's are shit. Bi-Xenons (or others) im assuming?

H4 halogens.

35w.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #43
soreballz
Post Whore!

^What he said. Lots of companies make bulbs that fit the bill. Try clearcorners.com
Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #44
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
hpipro.. what kind of projectors did you retrofit into your h4 housings?

i just picked up a pair of h4 headlights with silvia projectors retrofitted into them..anyone know how well that would be with hids?
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #45
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
its an h4 what do you expect....why what do you run on ur s13????or do you even have one!
A normal beam pattern. ie:

Yes, I do even have an S13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
hpipro.. what kind of projectors did you retrofit into your h4 housings?
He doesn't have projectors, they just look like projectors. They're ghetto eBay units.

Quote:
i just picked up a pair of h4 headlights with silvia projectors retrofitted into them..anyone know how well that would be with hids?
Silvia as in S15 with factory HID, or previous models' projectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacknik View Post
This may be the nooobest question ever. But what kind of bulbs can be used in an H4 housing?
H4 halogen
Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #46
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
seems to be non s15 projectors.
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #47
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
nice feature....anywayz

that was the only thing i could afford when i needed an h4 conversion housing cause i hated running sealed beams.....live and learn right!

what housing would you recommend if i stick with hid??

thanks for helpin the brotha out....
None. If you're gonna convert to HID, do a complete projector retrofit using OEM parts, or stay out of HID. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #48
soreballz
Post Whore!

This thread would be cooler if Mike was posting/flaming. lol
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #49
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hpipro4 pic aint bad, its just a horrible wall to shoot as reference. and 10k is a bit extreme... Id perfer 4k, 6k at most *i had installed 6k in my 190e, which had euro headlights and glare sheilds*

i had ubber jdm $$$ raybrig housings in my old s13 *sorry no HID, didnt want to put HID and attract extra police attention*

*before you say there is glare, that was a new white garage door it will reflect anything, but.. considering ANYTHING IS A UPGRADE OVER STOCK ASS HEADLIGHTS. AND IT STILL IMPROVES YOUR VISIBILITY*

dispite the jdm rhd pattern, they where the tits with sylvania silverstars
when your zipping along on the freeway in the carpool lane and you could see the cut off light pattern along the left wall, looked soo nice.

Ive had friends who have cheap ebay housings and the light output is no where near those raybrigs. * I wish i had put some cheapos on my s13 when i got rid of it to keep those lights but didnt expect to get another car with 6054s a year later*

I got some Autopal H4 in the fc and they aint the best lol
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #50
soreballz
Post Whore!

^The light output from the cheapo eBay housings and bulbs is flat out scary. I had a set once that came on a parts car. I had them on my car for all of one hour of night driving because I couldn't see shit! Dim stock headlamps are better than the eBay ones.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #51
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

[quote=aziankingz;2534936]hpipro.. what kind of projectors did you retrofit into your h4 housings?

i didnt....they were like that when i bought it...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #52
Colorado S14
Zilvia Member

Colorado S14 is on the path to ruinColorado S14 is on the path to ruin
I have run an HID kit in my stock S14 Kouki projectors for a long time and the cutoff was so nice that I never felt the need to upgrade to an OEM projector. If you do decide to buy a HID kit get a quality one, I ran a kit that constantly needed replacement ballasts and that is a major PITA.
Colorado S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #53
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
HID's are rad.

I have HID's.

Why?

Because HID's are rad.

Do I care about anything else besides rad?

No.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #54
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

which housing are you using???
Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #55
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
which housing are you using???
Don't encourage him...

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #56
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
HID's are rad.

I have HID's.

Why?

Because HID's are rad.

Do I care about anything else besides rad?

No.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #57
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
afraid to get blind by people with HID? Why complaint like a lil b*tch...

Fight back with broadway mirrors!

becuz...you shouldn't have to sacrifice better lighting/visibility for shitty halogen lights!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #58
S14TEENZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
S14TEENZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo8331 View Post
yeah, that cutoff is no good.

gordo- i would not recommend pointing them down and driving around with them on. as stated earlier by fliprayzin, there is no cutoff on high beams. if you look at most cars w/ seperate high/low beams, the low beams have shields and highs do not. if for s14, you are better off purchasing another kit for the low.

ideally retrofit is best.

something like this:

which produces a cutoff like this:

hit up mmm858 for more details.

extremely F'IN SICK!!!!
NEED TO DO "A HOW TO POST" ON THESE BAD BOYS
NICE HEADLIGHTS
Old 12-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #59
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
cept for the extreme ugliness caused by those caps in the headlight next to the projectors, the ill fitting clear covers, and the fact that zenkis don't look right with clear covers.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #60
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^true!
i'm not a total fan of how the look in the headlight, but you can't deny they look good at night and produce excellent cut off and beam pattern.
not my car btw.
the car belongs to mmm858.
he did the retrofit himself w/ tsx projectors iirc.
pm him for more details.

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote