Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #121
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
You preach about function>style, yet you brought style into this thread when you started to bash my car. This discussion is about lighting, not a $500 1990 240sx that will be treated as a $500 hunk of junk.

I simply offered another option for those that want HID lighting without using a 200mm housing. The Micro DE can and will take a 50watt HID retrofit safely and easily, as long as you aim them properly. Notice how i never told people to remove a good working headlamp for a Frankenstein creation.

stop being so confrontational and quit acting like an E-thug.

and to keep this on track and on topic:

"Blazer fogs"

the projectors in the link i provided apparently provide somewhat decent results when a 30watt HID kit is installed. only issue is the distortion of cutoff near the ends... as you can see.

but when aimed low and slightly to the sides they seem to make a decent cornering light, especially due to it's compact size.

That looks good to you? Looks like a Cheshire Cat projected on the wall. I expect a flat cutoff line from projectors. You can also tell that the xenon bulb is not at the right depth in the halogen projector. It's hot in the center then fades out on the edges. Real HID projector would stay one brightness across the beam spread.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #122
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I'm planning on going the TSX route soon, but my question is this, If I use the fluted lenses with the TSX projectors, am I going to get alot of glare, or should I be ok? If there is, I have no problem going with the SuperMade clear lenses but, that's an expense I'd rather avoid if possible. I think the glare would be minimal if any, but the cut-off lines won't be as crisp as it would be with the clear lenses.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #123
ta2maki

Trader Rating: (0)
ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
with 5 posts, do you have any plans on change US lighting regulations and standards? maybe you can convince the government to legalize ECE lighting requirements here in the US.
No, I'll let you do that. You're good at instigating and pushing buttons.
There is too much misinformation when it comes to headlights and you aren't helping any. Trashing everything you don't like and recommending an illegal system is not good IMO. Legal systems should be pushed first, with grey area stuff presented afterwards. Not that this post is, all of a sudden, gonna change your ways. I'd still have 0 posts here but FA seems to have died since I've gone away.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #124
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

sick
Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #125
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

sick
Yeah, that glare is pretty sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #126
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
LOVE IT.

Look how much light is put out.
Everything lights up! COOL
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #127
silvialove
Zilvia Member

silvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nicesilvialove is just really nice
so just to clear things up since you guys recommended cibie & hella, are they legal?
silvialove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #128
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^The E-code lamps are not DOT legal, but since the beam pattern is proper for US roads, you should be just fine.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #129
silentcovenant
Leaky Injector

silentcovenant is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm one of those idiots that got sucked into purchasing a cheap ebay HID kit and am suffering with the loss of $$$ for something that I refuse to use in my S13. Any suggestions? What about Glare shields?

I REALLY want HIDs in my car but I can't afford to get some retrofitted. Plus, all the retrofits I've seen on S13s make the headlights stay up because the HID projectors are too big for the housing!
silentcovenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #130
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
glare shield is a misnomer, nothing will help fix a problem that cannot be repaired.

first you have to understand one law:
- a headlight's optics are designed to work with matching bulb (ie: h4 headlight, h4 bulb)

then you can move onto level 2:
- a xenon bulb creates light differently than a halogen, and different than fluorescent, etc.

not only are the bulbs different, but the light output is doubled or tripled, so its even more important to properly disperse the light. much like installing a motor that is 2 or 3 times more powerful, a chassis will need additional reinforcement.

do yourself the favor, buy a pair of cibie or hella h4 headlights and a pair of high quality bulbs, thats all you need.

reference of the article, in case you guys missed it:
ClearCorners.Com [ automotive lighting knowledge base ]

mike / clearcorners.com
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #131
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcovenant View Post
I'm one of those idiots that got sucked into purchasing a cheap ebay HID kit and am suffering with the loss of $$$ for something that I refuse to use in my S13. Any suggestions? What about Glare shields?

I REALLY want HIDs in my car but I can't afford to get some retrofitted. Plus, all the retrofits I've seen on S13s make the headlights stay up because the HID projectors are too big for the housing!
S13's are pretty fucked. Gotta do Silvia front end for HID projector retrofit goodness. Then again, you may be able to get the 350z "Proflector" assemby to fit just fine in an S13 popup setup. Never tried it, but I know they're really compact. Also, Mini Coopers have optional HID headlights, and the projectors are incredibly small. Unfortunately, the light output isn't really up to par with other HID systems, but it's better than H4 housings...
Quote:
reference of the article, in case you guys missed it:
ClearCorners.Com [ automotive lighting knowledge base ]

mike / clearcorners.com
Nice plug, attention whore.

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #132
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
S13's are pretty fucked. Gotta do Silvia front end for HID projector retrofit goodness. Then again, you may be able to get the 350z "Proflector" assemby to fit just fine in an S13 popup setup. Never tried it, but I know they're really compact. Also, Mini Coopers have optional HID headlights, and the projectors are incredibly small. Unfortunately, the light output isn't really up to par with other HID systems, but it's better than H4 housings...

Nice plug, attention whore.
offer a solution or close your mouth, son.

i dont see anyone saying shit to the vendors selling illegal HID kits.. you know, the ones that are banned for sale here in the us and the uk.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #133
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
offer a solution or close your mouth, son.

i dont see anyone saying shit to the vendors selling illegal HID kits.. you know, the ones that are banned for sale here in the us and the uk.
Bullshit. I raised hell in the last HID kit vendor's thread. I offered another option which is quite possibly a viable solution as well.

Do your research before calling someone out, you pompous ass.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #134
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Bullshit. I raised hell in the last HID kit vendor's thread. I offered another option which is quite possibly a viable solution as well.

Do your research before calling someone out, you pompous ass.
i didnt ask for options, i asked for product. you know, real-life actual solutions.

if you dont have any solutions that you can offer to the community, then you're just talking out of your ass. suggesting people install those shit projectors off of an 03-05 350Z, then mixing them with some shit ebay-special H4 plastic housings... just a big fucking waste of time.

its pretty obvious, this forum is filled with r-tards that offer more talk than they do solutions. its no wonder the 240 community is filled with slapped together cars.

i dont care to start a cock-n-balls debate. if you think i'm plugging my business to sell a pair of cibie lights that take forever to arrive from overseas so i can make a measly 20 bucks, youre wrong.

the point here is to point people in the right direction, offer real-life simple solutions with proven reliability. after all these years, im just fuckin TIRED of seeing people talk and suggest shit that never works.

people have questions, if i know an answer and can help - i help. if i dont, i shut the fuck up. when people ask for help, i post pics with part numbers. thats much more than can be said about you.

so please, pretty please.. shut the fuck up. thanks.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 04-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #135
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Oh, god... I laugh at ghetto improvised headlights on a daily basis every night on my way home from work. I even saw yellow fog light bulbs inside the headlight housing that was only putting out about 4 feet of VERY DIM light in front of the car... Pathetic.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #136
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
i didnt ask for options, i asked for product. you know, real-life actual solutions.

if you dont have any solutions that you can offer to the community, then you're just talking out of your ass. suggesting people install those shit projectors off of an 03-05 350Z, then mixing them with some shit ebay-special H4 plastic housings... just a big fucking waste of time.

its pretty obvious, this forum is filled with r-tards that offer more talk than they do solutions. its no wonder the 240 community is filled with slapped together cars.

i dont care to start a cock-n-balls debate. if you think i'm plugging my business to sell a pair of cibie lights that take forever to arrive from overseas so i can make a measly 20 bucks, youre wrong.

the point here is to point people in the right direction, offer real-life simple solutions with proven reliability. after all these years, im just fuckin TIRED of seeing people talk and suggest shit that never works.

people have questions, if i know an answer and can help - i help. if i dont, i shut the fuck up. when people ask for help, i post pics with part numbers. thats much more than can be said about you.

so please, pretty please.. shut the fuck up. thanks.

mike / clearcorners.com
The only one talking out of their ass here is you, Mike. There really isn't any perfectly legal way of getting HID into our cars (or significantly better lighting even), plain and simple. There are no "products" to show you, because nobody who gives a damn developed anything like that for our shit. So don't go fucking ranting about your bullshit opinions on how you, the self proclaimed almighty god of lighting, think that we're doing shit wrong. Your bullshit HID "In house conversion" costs more than most of the S13 owners paid for the car itself. What kind of fucking good did you do in this thread? None. You bash other people's ideas on new ways to possibly make something practical that hasn't been done before. People do have questions, and you don't give answers, you talk shit and give your stupid ass opinion. I don't have part numbers to give people, because I don't own my own business, nor do I really have a source for parts to show people. Honestly, I don't see how you stay in business with your cocky ass attitude and overpriced bullshit that anyone with half a brain can build.

In fact, I can't recall a single time when you posted something that was actually useful to the community here... all you do is elaborate on other people's info, and plug your business. The biggest "r-tard" here is you, Mike.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #137
silentcovenant
Leaky Injector

Whoa, I didn't mean for this thread to become a flame war but the only reason why I asked is because I hate to throw money away. I just blew $140 on this HID kit + Housings and the glare is, as everyone knows, horrific.

Where I'm from, the HID kit is very popular. You see them in all kinds of cars, SUVs, trucks, Hondas, 240s, and even ghetto vans.

I asked about the glare shields because I attempted to make some out of aluminum cans and killed the bulbs. I just hope I don't screw up on the next set.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 AM   #138
ixfxi
Post Whore!

"There really isn't any perfectly legal way of getting HID into our cars (or significantly better lighting even), plain and simple."

I built this kit over 5 years ago, and yes its 100% DOT-compliant.
ClearCorners.Com [ nissan ]

"Your bullshit HID "In house conversion" costs more than most of the S13 owners paid for the car itself."

You dont need HID to have quality lighting. I already said it, a pair of Halogen Hella e-codes or Cibie e-codes are more than sufficient for a safe, reliable, quality setup. You can get them anywhere, not just my site. ANYWHERE.

As for my in-house conversion, if you cant afford it thats your problem, not mine. There are a lot of things I couldnt afford when I was fuckin 21. I didnt own Volk wheels when I was 21 because I couldnt afford them. I couldnt afford Martin Logan electrostatic speakers. I couldnt afford an SR20DET. I couldnt afford much of anything. What changed? I work harder and I get to play harder. Get a job, work hard and you too can earn money, save money, and spend accordingly. Keep running your mouth like an idiot and you dont get shit in life.

"Honestly, I don't see how you stay in business with your cocky ass attitude and overpriced bullshit that anyone with half a brain can build."

Its very simple, you underestimate society. See, there are smart people in this world that see through your bullshit. There are people who read your post and laugh because you're wrong and I'm right. The use search tools like google, find pics of your cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/851830
They look at your car and say "wow, his car looks pretty ordinary. Not that there is anything wrong with ordinary, because theres not. But since we're on the topic of lighting, I dont see much other than shitty ebay tail lights on your POS S13.

Then they look at pics of my car from 5-6 years ago...

and when they see these old pics, they say "wow, this guys car looks good and those lights look bright! Wow!"

So, this isnt a pissing match by any means. This is just a simple online school session for you, to fuckin put-up or shut-up. Go build some fuckin products and offer something to the community, or close your mouth and respect people who've been doing good in the 240SX community for over 10 years.

Fuckin kids I tell ya...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #139
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentcovenant View Post
Whoa, I didn't mean for this thread to become a flame war but the only reason why I asked is because I hate to throw money away. I just blew $140 on this HID kit + Housings and the glare is, as everyone knows, horrific.

Where I'm from, the HID kit is very popular. You see them in all kinds of cars, SUVs, trucks, Hondas, 240s, and even ghetto vans.

I asked about the glare shields because I attempted to make some out of aluminum cans and killed the bulbs. I just hope I don't screw up on the next set.
its not a flame-war, this is normal talk on zilvia. kids always learn the hard way.

dont spend any more money trying to patch-fix that shitty hid setup. ditch that shit and go buy yourself some good headlights + bulbs like i'm telling you to do. do that and you'll be fine.

ps: you're in fuckin hawaii.. dont you have recon to deal with? all my customers in hawaii tell me recon doesnt allow them to modify their cars. so what the fuck are you doing with an hid kit on your car anyway? how are you going to pass inspection?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 AM   #140
silentcovenant
Leaky Injector

Quote:
its not a flame-war, this is normal talk on zilvia. kids always learn the hard way.

dont spend any more money trying to patch-fix that shitty hid setup. ditch that shit and go buy yourself some good headlights + bulbs like i'm telling you to do. do that and you'll be fine.

ps: you're in fuckin hawaii.. dont you have recon to deal with? all my customers in hawaii tell me recon doesnt allow them to modify their cars. so what the fuck are you doing with an hid kit on your car anyway? how are you going to pass inspection?
Most people in Hawaii who modify their cars here actually don't care about Recon. The police officers here see these modifications so often they usually let things like HID kits, Suspension, Exhaust, etc. slide. Only the really anal cops and Sheriffs give tickets, like I received one this past week. That's the main reason why I wanted to at least curb the glare problem. At least if the glare is minimal, I can slide too like everyone else.

To tell you the truth, most people in Hawaii will drive around with all their mods and when they need to pass safety, they'll return the car to stock just to pass the inspection, then once they get what they need they slap all the stuff back on.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #141
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
"There really isn't any perfectly legal way of getting HID into our cars (or significantly better lighting even), plain and simple."

I built this kit over 5 years ago, and yes its 100% DOT-compliant.
ClearCorners.Com [ nissan ]

"Your bullshit HID "In house conversion" costs more than most of the S13 owners paid for the car itself."

You dont need HID to have quality lighting. I already said it, a pair of Halogen Hella e-codes or Cibie e-codes are more than sufficient for a safe, reliable, quality setup. You can get them anywhere, not just my site. ANYWHERE.

As for my in-house conversion, if you cant afford it thats your problem, not mine. There are a lot of things I couldnt afford when I was fuckin 21. I didnt own Volk wheels when I was 21 because I couldnt afford them. I couldnt afford Martin Logan electrostatic speakers. I couldnt afford an SR20DET. I couldnt afford much of anything. What changed? I work harder and I get to play harder. Get a job, work hard and you too can earn money, save money, and spend accordingly. Keep running your mouth like an idiot and you dont get shit in life.

"Honestly, I don't see how you stay in business with your cocky ass attitude and overpriced bullshit that anyone with half a brain can build."

Its very simple, you underestimate society. See, there are smart people in this world that see through your bullshit. There are people who read your post and laugh because you're wrong and I'm right. The use search tools like google, find pics of your cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/851830
They look at your car and say "wow, his car looks pretty ordinary. Not that there is anything wrong with ordinary, because theres not. But since we're on the topic of lighting, I dont see much other than shitty ebay tail lights on your POS S13.

So, this isnt a pissing match by any means. This is just a simple online school session for you, to fuckin put-up or shut-up. Go build some fuckin products and offer something to the community, or close your mouth and respect people who've been doing good in the 240SX community for over 10 years.

Fuckin kids I tell ya...
First off, bullshit. Any HID setup that didn't come factory equipped on a car is not legal. The components may be DOT-compliant, but that's about it. I don't want your bullshit conversion which looks like some Hella 90mm modules and a custom mounting bracket. Maybe a fancy wiring harness in there as well. And how the fuck can I be wrong and you be right in such a gray area topic? There IS no right and wrong, because in the eyes of the law, it's all wrong. Your way, my way, it doesn't make a bit of difference. Oh, and the cardomain page has been up there since before I was on Zilvia, and I got rid of that S13 YEARS ago before I was even out of high school. I'll build what products I want. I've built my own shit before, when time and money permits me to do so. You, on the other hand, I don't see really "Doing good in the 240sx community" because even though you do build different lighting setups for our cars, I don't see anyone rocking them. Ever. Maybe show cars or big ballers who have cash coming out of their asshole... but we don't come to zilvia with cash coming out of our assholes, do we?

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #142
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

sick

4300 JRT lighting kit in stock S14 headlamps.

Mad props.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #143
ixfxi
Post Whore!

First off, bullshit. Any HID setup that didn't come factory equipped on a car is not legal. The components may be DOT-compliant, but that's about it.

Its not about what comes from the factory. This isnt Nazi-Germany, in the US we dont require cars to be stock, we require them to be compliant. The law doesnt force us to buy NISSAN exhausts only, NISSAN parts only, NISSAN OEM headlights, etc. We have the freedom to chose whatever parts we want AS LONG as those parts are DOT compliant.

The Hella 90mm modules are STAND ALONE headlights. Individual low beams and individual high beams. This means you can throw away your factory light on ANY car and install these. Integrating them and making them look nice is a completely other subject, but in the sense of legality: its 100% fucking legal.

I'll build what products I want. I've built my own shit before, when time and money permits me to do so. You, on the other hand, I don't see really "Doing good in the 240sx community" because even though you do build different lighting setups for our cars, I don't see anyone rocking them. Ever. Maybe show cars or big ballers who have cash coming out of their asshole... but we don't come to zilvia with cash coming out of our assholes, do we?

You dont see cars with my products because you live in Louisiana, the same reason you dont see Ferrari's on the 405 freeway like we do, or Paris Hilton's snatch in her Bentley. Reality is, none of what you're saying matters. My products dont have to be on everyone's car. As long as my customers have them, they're happy and I'm happy.

And whats you're point, anyway? If all people were to do is sit online and complain about expensive parts, then we wouldnt be fixing up our cars with high end components like Work wheels. Seriously, what the FUCK have you installed on your car that is of value? You obviously have no appreciation for good quality parts, so just close your mouth already.

And how the fuck can I be wrong and you be right in such a gray area topic? There IS no right and wrong, because in the eyes of the law, it's all wrong. Your way, my way, it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Simple. I am right and you, like always, are wrong.

Tool.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #144
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There is no point arguing.

I mean come on.

You're arguing with people who think that spending $1500 on a SET of Work/other jdmbullshit wheels is baller till no end.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #145
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Its not about what comes from the factory. This isnt Nazi-Germany, in the US we dont require cars to be stock, we require them to be compliant. The law doesnt force us to buy NISSAN exhausts only, NISSAN parts only, NISSAN OEM headlights, etc. We have the freedom to chose whatever parts we want AS LONG as those parts are DOT compliant.

The Hella 90mm modules are STAND ALONE headlights. Individual low beams and individual high beams. This means you can throw away your factory light on ANY car and install these. Integrating them and making them look nice is a completely other subject, but in the sense of legality: its 100% fucking legal.

You dont see cars with my products because you live in Louisiana, the same reason you dont see Ferrari's on the 405 freeway like we do, or Paris Hilton's snatch in her Bentley. Reality is, none of what you're saying matters. My products dont have to be on everyone's car. As long as my customers have them, they're happy and I'm happy.

And whats you're point, anyway? If all people were to do is sit online and complain about expensive parts, then we wouldnt be fixing up our cars with high end components like Work wheels. Seriously, what the FUCK have you installed on your car that is of value? You obviously have no appreciation for good quality parts, so just close your mouth already.

Simple. I am right and you, like always, are wrong.

Tool.
Man, it seems like I really know how to get your panties in a bunch. I take it people don't call you out all that often, do they? It is about what was on the car from the factory. The NTSA has pretty strict laws on what can be done to a vehicle's lighting. I'll have to dig up the specific articles I read pertaining to HID on cars which weren't available from the factory with it. And what does where I live have anything to do with what I see on the road? Have you ever been here? No. You don't have one clue as to what drives around here. It's not like I'm in the boonies, after all. Sure, it may not be SoCal, LA, whatever... but there are still some damn nice cars rolling around. Also, what do you know about my car? Do you know what parts are on it? What's been done to it? What I think about quality parts? Not a damn bit, cocksucker. Your childish, "I'm always right" attitude shouldn't have gotten you this far in life, truthfully.

Maybe I can't afford Work VS-XX wheels in the size and offset I want. Maybe I can't afford an RB26 NEO. Maybe I can't afford half the things you do, but does that make you better than me? No. I'm only 21, I only make so much money... Rome wasn't built in a day. You aren't what you own. When you get over that "Look at what I have" mentality, maybe your asshole won't pucker up so bad when someone calls you an attention whore.

I like quality parts just as much as you do. That doesn't mean that something inferior, even slightly inferior, is a piece of shit that should be banished from the face of the Earth. For instance, my wheels. FN01R-C. Everyone and their grandmother has them, true, but they look a thousand times better than the stock SE wheels, and they're not bent to hell like my stock wheels were.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!

Last edited by LA_phantom_240; 04-02-2009 at 07:05 PM..
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #146
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Man, it seems like I really know how to get your panties in a bunch. I take it people don't call you out all that often, do they? It is about what was on the car from the factory. The NHSTA has pretty strict laws on what can be done to a vehicle's lighting. I'll have to dig up the specific articles I read pertaining to HID on cars which weren't available from the factory with it. And what does where I live have anything to do with what I see on the road? Have you ever been here? No. You don't have one clue as to what drives around here. It's not like I'm in the boonies, after all. Sure, it may not be SoCal, LA, whatever... but there are still some damn nice cars rolling around. Also, what do you know about my car? Do you know what parts are on it? What's been done to it? What I think about quality parts? Not a damn bit, cocksucker. Your childish, "I'm always right" attitude shouldn't have gotten you this far in life, truthfully.
Did you mean the NHTSA?

FMVSS 108 Covers vehicle lighting. NHTSA does not approve light designs. The Manufactures self certify. Theoretically ixfxi can self cert his retros as new manufacture. I do not know if he does. But they are not illegal until NHTSA says they are.

Section

What you have to understand is that the Issue with HID "Kits" is totally different then Retrofits. Kits are illegal cause you can't replaces a Halogen Bulb with a Xenon bulb. Retrofitting the whole Reflector and Lens assembly that uses Xenon Bulbs does not apply to this judgment.

Light Source List
Mr. Jeff Deetz, Sales Manager, Santeca Electronics, Inc., 7215 East 21<sup>st</sup> Street, Suite D, Indianapolis, IN 46219
Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #147
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Did you mean the NHTSA?
LOL yeah. Whoops.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #148
ixfxi
Post Whore!

" Based on a review of the H1 light source specification filed in the Part 564 docket (#3397), it is apparent that the Thunder Beam HID Conversion kit is a significant redesign of the H1 light source. At the most basic level, an H1 light source incorporates an incandescent filament in which light is produced by a metallic wire coil heated to incandescence by an electrical current, whereas the HID conversion kit’s light source incorporates a discharge arc to produce the light and requires a ballast for operation. Thus, in order to comply with paragraph S7.7 of FMVSS No. 108, the Thunder Beam light source must comply with, inter alia, the dimensional specifications for the metallic wire coil filament size and location, the electrical connector size and location, and the ballast would need to be a design currently on file for use with an H1 light source. Complying with the dimensional aspects of the H1 light source appears to be an impossibility considering that the wire coil filament and the electrical connector are not a part of your design. Furthermore, there are no ballast designs on file for use with an H1 light source. Thus, your company’s HID conversion kit is not a design that conforms to the Standard and could not be certified as complying with FMVSS No. 108, nor imported into or sold in the United States. "

Thunder Beam H1 HID = FAIL!!!!! haha
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #149
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

We all agree that kits are bad. Even if we don't see eye to eye, at least some zilvians will take note of our heated arguments....

EDIT: Mike, it seems as though my research has failed me. Interestingly enough, I've found that the converse is true of my statement about OEM/DOT components not being legal for retrofit. You were right, the 90mm modules are perfectly fine for retrofitting... or at least nothing has been said to the contrary as of yet. Of course, I realize I probably won't hear the end of this... but I figure I look like less of an ass like this than to argue a point I now realize is incorrect. lmao.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #150
jam1231

Trader Rating: (1)
jam1231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
where can i get cibie 200mm at i bought a pair of hid's but i did not do the research on them first good thing i did not install them yet i am going to sell them
jam1231 is offline   Reply With Quote