Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #31
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRacing View Post
May I suggest an oil filter relocation kit?

Then again, your motor is not shoved so far back that the filter hits the frame rail so you may be okay.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #32
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Pics? I have only found 1 other documented SBC swap into a 240
I have a documented swap but i didnt post it here its on silviav8forums.com along with everybody else with v8 swaps.
And by the way that motor setup is crazy!!! Are gonna drag the car?

Last edited by RUTH'LESSDET; 12-20-2008 at 02:57 PM..
RUTH'LESSDET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #33
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs240 View Post
Question.... what is it's purpose?
Someone either

A: Want's to go fast.
B: Win every burnout competition he enters
C: All of the above.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #34
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to FloridaRacing
I dont know what that cut out was for, it is the mockup engine bay for all their mount kits, RB to VG.

I dont know anyone that runs HEI unless it is required in a specific racing class, it fits a normal distributor with external coil, like a malory, MSD, petronix, etc.

Flicktitty - Ill PM you on Monday

This car will be multipurpose like all my cars, drag, drift, road race
Old 12-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #35
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET View Post
I have a documented swap but i didnt post it here its on silviav8forums.com :: Index along with everybody else with v8 swaps.
And by the way that motor setup is crazy!!! Are gonna drag the car?
yea Ive seen LS swaps done a bunch, my friend had an LS in his car locally in 2005, never seen a traditional small block except for 3-4, but not much documented. im on there as marks510, i have a thread there too
Old 12-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #36
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
yea Ive seen LS swaps done a bunch, my friend had an LS in his car locally in 2005, never seen a traditional small block except for 3-4, but not much documented. im on there as marks510, i have a thread there too
ok yeah ive seen your thread but didnt put 2&2 together
Old 12-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #37
calehall08

calehall08 is an unknown quantity at this point
why carb are you running?

when i was thinking about a 350, i always thought i would need to switch to a fuel injected system since it would be soley for drift, but you said in a previous post that it would be a multi purpose car so im jw what type of carb you are running..

sick build
calehall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #38
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:

I dont know anyone that runs HEI unless it is required in a specific racing class, it fits a normal distributor with external coil, like a malory, MSD, petronix, etc.
I personally run an MSD Ready to run unit, external Blaster coil, and with their 6AL box for redundancy. The box offers some nice features, but if the box fails the car can still run on the distributor and coil alone.

Food for thoughts if you're considering reliability.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #39
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
I think i'll have to start looking into a old gen SBC swap into a cheap 240.
keep up on this thread.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #40
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

If you run an amplifier box inconjuntion with a rtr distributor, it bypasses the functionality of the internal ignitor.

The carb is a holley 4150 hp 830 cfm nascar carb. It ran a 12.4 air/fuel out of the box (which is ideal for a carb) with no adjustment. The motor revs faster and cleaner than most fuel injected cars. The only motor I've owned that revved better was my blacktop 20v with itbs.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #41
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
If you run an amplifier box inconjuntion with a rtr distributor, it bypasses the functionality of the internal ignitor.
And how do you feel about bypassing the internal ignitor?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
calehall08

with this set up will someone be able to use a stock hood?
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #43
g6civcx
Post Whore!

I am able to use a stock hood for 2 reasons: 1) my motor placement is low, and 2) I run NA with dual plane manifold.

If you run a single plane manifold for max top end power, you may not have enough hood clearance, or if your engine mounts place the engine too high.

Obviously running a supercharger would require a hood scoop of some sort.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #44
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Its totally fine, but then youd be better off getting the $280 version that runs off an amplifier box and selling the RTR. The RTR will support 450 hp no problem.

Here is the carb I use
Holley Performance Products 830 CFM Four Barrel Race Carburetor 0-80509-1

Heres my engine, I have a full build video that will be out soon

http://www.dartheadstv.com/video/7427
Old 12-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #45
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Its totally fine, but then youd be better off getting the $280 version that runs off an amplifier box and selling the RTR. The RTR will support 450 hp no problem.
Did you read what I wrote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx
The box offers some nice features, but I personally run an MSD Ready to run unit, external Blaster coil, and with their 6AL box for redundancy. The box offers some nice features, but if the box fails the car can still run on the distributor and coil alone.
I want redundancy for reliability.

Last edited by g6civcx; 12-20-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #46
calehall08

that's sick man. i always wondered if it would be okay to use a carb set up for a car that was going to be strictly drift
Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #47
420sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I dont know what that cut out was for, it is the mockup engine bay for all their mount kits, RB to VG.

Flicktitty - Ill PM you on Monday

This car will be multipurpose like all my cars, drag, drift, road race
if you want to do drifting or road racing i would recommend going with carbs made for them because of fuel slosh
Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #48
calehall08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
if you want to do drifting or road racing i would recommend going with carbs made for them because of fuel slosh
thats why i was wondering about the use of carbs with drifting
Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #49
RIMTUCK
Leaky Injector

RIMTUCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RIMTUCK

Last edited by RIMTUCK; 09-08-2010 at 07:34 PM..
RIMTUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #50
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

My carb will be totally fine guys, thanks. The carb I have they also use for NASCAR

When wiring up a RTR thru a 6AL, it will bypass how it works, meaning if the 6al box failed, then the car would stop running til you wired the RTR to go straight back thru the coil again, and not spliced between the box
Old 12-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #51
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Someone either

A: Want's to go fast.
B: Win every burnout competition he enters
C: Be American
D: All of the above.
Fixd XD Americanism FTW
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #52
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 93superHICAS Send a message via Yahoo to 93superHICAS
so how much are the mounts?
how much are the headers?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #53
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
When wiring up a RTR thru a 6AL, it will bypass how it works, meaning if the 6al box failed, then the car would stop running til you wired the RTR to go straight back thru the coil again, and not spliced between the box
This is correct.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #54
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Mckinney is going to start with an intro price for these mounts, including the trans for $350
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #55
Markdawg20
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Markdawg20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Make the kit. I'll buy one.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Already in production, see post above yours.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #57
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

$350 doesn't seem to bad since you can get a stockish sbc for little to nothing.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #58
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

yea for sure. They had a powerglide mocked up in there today with the final engine mount pieces. They are also doing a T5 mockup and trying to locate a T56 as well
Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #59
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Here is a mockup of the final engine mounts. This is how they will come, but painted of course. Mckinney has also been working on a powerglide transmission mount which is now done. Additionally, they will work on T-56, T5, and Turbo type transmissions. For now, they support the glide, TKO series, muncie, and saganaw based transmissions.

They will be working on finishing up the headers this week and hopefully have the pan and pick up tube finished next week. The pan will need to be modified in the back to support a rear sump style pump, since the pan was originally designed for front sump pumps that are shorter. There is plenty of room in the back to drop the sheet metal of the pan down.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #60
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

CAN I HAS?!

I <3 carburetors!!!!!!!!!!!