Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #91
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FloridaRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorw210 View Post
so once the t5 transmission mounts are done can you use any of these transmissions listed here Borg-Warner T-5 transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or am i wrong and thats something different.

and what does a tko 600 come from and how do you setup the clutch setup do you use stock clutch master cylinder and use custom tubing to the slave cylinder
tko is just a high performance tremec transmission built off the muncie 4 speed transmission, it wasn't offered in any car. clutch is a standard 350/4 speed combo. Using an internal hydraulic release bearing with a braided -3an line to the slave.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #92
victorw210
Zilvia Member

victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
so once the t5 transmission mounts are done could i use any of those transmissions listed in the link i posted
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #93
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
dunno. give mckinney a call.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #94
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats dope... headers are crazy,

altogether nice work, I love it.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #95
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Thank you!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #96
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
ARD Josh had a SBC swap in his s13 I believe.

Hit him up if you have any questions.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #97
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Final mounts and fitted oil pan, everything is done and ready to go. The oil pan is going to hold EIGHT+ quarts. Shifter is almost offset enough, it will have a small spacer to line it up perfectly center.

Hoping to get this thing in during the weekend of the 21st

Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #98
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The hardest thing in doing driveline alignment is you want proper propeller shaft alignment with the rear diff.

How are you doing this part without the diff in the mock-up car?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #99
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

It's marked in the tunnel, plus they have been building S and Z chassis mount kits for years.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #100
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

The custom front sump oil pickup tube and pan is mounted on the small block. The bracket for the pickup tube had to be modified slightly to allow for proper clearance on the 3.75" stroke. The pan will hold over 8 quarts and has built in trap doors to keep the oil where it needs to be under cornering. There is also a rear sump drain bolt to allow for the oil around the oil pump to be drained.

The engine will be back over at the shop tomorrow where I will begin prepping it for front drive system and the SPEC clutch and flywheel to make way for the Quartermaster hydraulic release bearing.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #101
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How close to the bottom of the pan does the pickup come?

That engine looks great btw!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #102
Sthrteen
Zilvia Member

Sthrteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam..I might interested, Have you met Tommy aka Doland aka body by Buddha, Floridaracing, he's good friends with the mckinneys, anyways...
My dad has a small block 350 he built up and was going to put it into his 68 Chevy Nova but he's slacking and I told him i was going to take that motor if he didn't drop it in. now that I see this coming true I'm really becoming interested. also knowing how much of a Chevy head my dad is, and has parts galor in the garage, I'm really liking it.
Sthrteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #103
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
looking great so far, I'm anxious to see how you going to make the driver side header to clear the steering shaft
Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #104
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

pan to bottom i think is about 1/4 inch.

headers are already done

Wait til you all hear the car, I gurantee that will make up people's minds alone
Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #105
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
So thats why you came to the shop today to take pics. Mack and Gary do great work.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #106
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Yes they do, even better they are 1/8th a mile from my work.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #107
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRacing View Post
Yes they do, even better they are 1/8th a mile from my work.

I helped a little bit on that engine since Im working as an intern there.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #108
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

I installed the full serpentine drive system last night.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #109
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
I bet having her start to look finished felt good!
Looks Proper!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #110
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

With my travel schedule, March 16th is going to be the start day. Work til it runs. Between now and then I will be prepping the engine and transmission to get it ready.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #111
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Progress on the Engine:

SPEC Aluminum flywheel and Stage 3 sprung clutch installed
Coolant temp Sensor in intake manifold installed
Holley Fuel Log installed
Distributor Re-TDCed, headers mocked up and 1/2 the distributor wires are made

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #112
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Coolant temp Sensor in intake manifold installed
Any reason for this compared to the OEM location on the head?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #113
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
looking great!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #114
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Any reason for this compared to the OEM location on the head?
You can get temp variations in aluminum heads, the standard aftermarket wise is in the cross over pipe
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #115
S14cagged
Zilvia Member

S14cagged is an unknown quantity at this point
What type of Spec clutch is that???

Do you think the transmission is going to hold up?

I am acutally about to begin on a Single Turbo 400sbc 300zx and trying to get a couple idea's before i start buying parts.

What are you gonna do for a rear-end? i know like hell that dinky ass r200 will hold for then 5 minutes and i dont even think the 300zx will hold when you start spraying that bad boy.
S14cagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #116
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Quote:
I installed the full serpentine drive system last night.

That's not serpentine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14cagged View Post

I am acutally about to begin on a Single Turbo 400sbc 300zx and trying to get a couple idea's before i start buying parts.

What are you gonna do for a rear-end? i know like hell that dinky ass r200 will hold for then 5 minutes and i dont even think the 300zx will hold when you start spraying that bad boy.
The R200 was in the N/A 300ZX as well as in the S-chassis cars. The TT had a different rear end. However, the R200 really isn't that weak. Friend of mine had 720whp going through one for a while. No problems with it. On drag radials, too.

If you have a Z32 300ZX and you really just have to have a larger diff, then I'd just get a TT diff. It's an R230. It's got a pretty serious power handling capability.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #117
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondojackal View Post
That's not serpentine.
what ever, its a belt system.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #118
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14cagged View Post

Tremec rates the trans to 600 ft/tq and has been known to take 700 without issues

Spec Stage 3 sprung hub with aluminum flywheel and billet pressure plate upgrade

R200s handle 800-900 HP without issues, its just the axles that need upgraded

After I get the car running for a few months, I am going to do a single turbo carb blow thru combo on this motor.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #119
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Really busy, but here is what she looked like last night.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #120
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
dude..clean the engine bay....