Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
You dont want PBM or BC? What do you have in mind?
Unfortunately PBM does not make a set of coilovers for this chassis. I'm not a big fan of BC to tell you the truth. I've been in a few friends cars with BC's installed, and I wasn't wild about the way the rides felt.

I'm still thinking about Stance or Function Auto, but I'm interested in the front cup setup. The exchange rates are terrible, so I'm not hyped at the $3K US that I'm staring at. I figure if I can get my hands on something cheaper in Japan, I'll bite. I've got a few ideas after speaking to a few vendors, and shops while in Japan. DMAX, GP Sports, Largus/Blitz, Tein is what's on the short list...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Unfortunately PBM does not make a set of coilovers for this chassis. I'm not a big fan of BC to tell you the truth. I've been in a few friends cars with BC's installed, and I wasn't wild about the way the rides felt.

I'm still thinking about Stance or Function Auto, but I'm interested in the front cup setup. The exchange rates are terrible, so I'm not hyped at the $3K US that I'm staring at. I figure if I can get my hands on something cheaper in Japan, I'll bite. I've got a few ideas after speaking to a few vendors, and shops while in Japan. DMAX, GP Sports, Largus/Blitz, Tein is what's on the short list...
Can it really be that cheaper from Japan? I have Stance coils on my G35 that I daily drive, and so far I cant complain. The dampening adjustment is pretty noticeable too, but dont take any advice from me.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Can it really be that cheaper from Japan? I have Stance coils on my G35 that I daily drive, and so far I cant complain. The dampening adjustment is pretty noticeable too, but dont take any advice from me.
Definitely would not take suspension advice from someone who uses dampening in place of damping.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Honestly you'd be surprised. I'm talking half of the price of a new set. I won't feel bad spending that amount since the blown rears was an unexpected surprise, and I want to get it sorted sooner then later.

It just sucks that it will cut into money that I was planning to spend elsewhere. Oh well, car builds and all of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Definitely would not take suspension advice from someone who uses dampening in place of damping.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I've been looking into making the engine setup a bit cleaner, and simple so I'm looking into deleting the J-Pipe. I'm running into mixed information of needing a tune versus not. Some say that once they deleted it, their cars stall or die at idle. Others state that they have had no issues. The problem is people are using mixed kits or piecing them together so I can't narrow issues down to a specific setup.

Currently speaking to a bunch of Aussies and people from Europe about it. For now I will run the intake pod and continue to do research. Right now I think I'll grab the complete setup from HPI. I like what I had seen in Japan, and I love that it includes all of the hoses, clamps, and caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089

Noted