Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #391
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
a popular term on supra forums... fuckin supra people lol
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #392
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
Glenn, WTF is BPU'd?

dang I am a noob apparently.
It's not a new term by any means. See what Yellow wrote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Basic
Performance
Upgrade

Fmic, intake,Maf ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
a popular term on supra forums... fuckin supra people lol
It is frequently used by that crowd, isn't it? I've always considered a stock car slightly modified as BPU'd.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #393
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I can say I learned something today. I've never heard the term. I also hate
1)basic bitches
2)performance things
3)upgrades in general

Stop thinking about the future engine build, and dyno this badgirl (please)
Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #394
1jz_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
1jz_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe I am just paranoid, but you are a brave man for having a see through garage with that beauty in it

beautiful car, sir.
1jz_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #395
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I can say I learned something today. I've never heard the term. I also hate
1)basic bitches
2)performance things
3)upgrades in general

Stop thinking about the future engine build, and dyno this badgirl (please)
I'm working on it. Monday I will know if my issues have been resolved and hopefully a week or two later I'll be on the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jz_240 View Post
Maybe I am just paranoid, but you are a brave man for having a see through garage with that beauty in it

beautiful car, sir.
Thank you! My garage is not see through though. I have sliding screen doors across the entire door span of my garage. So, although it may look like it is see through, there is indeed a legit hurricane rated garage door that is open in the pictures.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #396
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Thanks man! How's your ride doing? I'm still fighting to get this thing on the road.
No problem, well deserved. I'm happy to see this kind of work. Mine is still running quite well actually. I'm still running ~20psi on that 20G and the same top/bottom end and it's holding up great. Seems strange that it's lasted this long actually; lol. 2yrs and counting; can you believe it's been that long?

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #397
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
No problem, well deserved. I'm happy to see this kind of work. Mine is still running quite well actually. I'm still running ~20psi on that 20G and the same top/bottom end and it's holding up great. Seems strange that it's lasted this long actually; lol. 2yrs and counting; can you believe it's been that long?
It's crazy that it's been two years already. I believe we started our builds around the same time and here I am, still putting the final pieces into place.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #398
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
20g?
Who puts a 20g on a nissan???
Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #399
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's crazy that it's been two years already. I believe we started our builds around the same time and here I am, still putting the final pieces into place.
The time ticks by faster and faster... I'm eager to see yours finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
20g?
Who puts a 20g on a nissan???
This guy

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #400
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
but his isn't a build...it's a RE-Build

Quote:
eager is an understatement!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #401
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Quote:
eager is an understatement!
Well, your wait just got a bit shorter. Read below...

So as most of you know, well the ones that follow this thing anyway, I've been fighting with wiring issues from the start of receiving my ChaseBays harness. We all know their reputation when it comes to lack luster customer service and wiring competence, so we won't delve into that. However, I would like to say that my harness is now 100% correct and was corrected at their hands. I may never buy another product from them, but it should be known that it didn't cost me a dime to get the repairs done, other than shipping the harness to them.

I chatted with a Haltech EMS tech the other day to sort out some of my issues. We discovered that my MAP sensor was shorted, causing part of my issue, so I ordered a new one. The new sensor came in yesterday and was installed last night. Eager to see if it fixed my problem(MAP reading -28in/hg or 29lbs of boost with engine off) I plugged in the laptop and turned the key on. Sensor showed 0 with the engine off and moved with my vacuum/psi pump as it should. With that said, I'm calling the tuner today to get a date ironed out for some dyno time. This Thursday its going to an alignment shop to get dialed in, so its ready for the maiden voyage after it steps safely off the rollers. So stoked right now!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #402
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Well, your wait just got a bit shorter. Read below...

So as most of you know, well the ones that follow this thing anyway, I've been fighting with wiring issues from the start of receiving my ChaseBays harness. We all know their reputation when it comes to lack luster customer service and wiring competence, so we won't delve into that. However, I would like to say that my harness is now 100% correct and was corrected at their hands. I may never buy another product from them, but it should be known that it didn't cost me a dime to get the repairs done, other than shipping the harness to them.

I chatted with a Haltech EMS tech the other day to sort out some of my issues. We discovered that my MAP sensor was shorted, causing part of my issue, so I ordered a new one. The new sensor came in yesterday and was installed last night. Eager to see if it fixed my problem(MAP reading -28in/hg or 29lbs of boost with engine off) I plugged in the laptop and turned the key on. Sensor showed 0 with the engine off and moved with my vacuum/psi pump as it should. With that said, I'm calling the tuner today to get a date ironed out for some dyno time. This Thursday its going to an alignment shop to get dialed in, so its ready for the maiden voyage after it steps safely off the rollers. So stoked right now!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #403
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
but his isn't a build...it's a RE-Build

Quote:
Well, your wait just got a bit shorter. Read above...
That'a boy!!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 10-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #404
jr_ss
Post Whore!

A tuning date was set for Oct 31 and Nov 1! We'll be strapping the car on after business hours Friday evening and then time permitting, running though the current "tune" to clean up and situate us for Saturday morning. I'm not superstitious by any means, but I really hope picking Halloween isn't going to curse me. I just want everything to go as smoothly as it can.

In the mean time, I've been finalizing items that have taken the back burner due to other pressing issues(harness sorting).

Let's start with the Mazworx harness bar and Status harnesses. I picked up the harness bar used a few months back. It seems as if Mazworx has no intentions of making more of these, which is completely understandable. Complete chassis fabrication and fast cars make more money than a select few parts for a niche crowd, I get it.

The bar install is pretty much self explanatory, if you have no interior plastics. I am one for cleanliness and like my interior complete, so removal of said plastics was out the door. There is no guide per say for trimming the plastic to fit your bar and it was an extremely tedious job. I, like a lot of my projects tend to be, was anal in trimming the plastic. I wanted it to be nice and tight to the bar and to be honest, it may have went quite a bit easier with them removed, but I didn't want to get over zealous. I think it turned out great.

With the bar installed, it was time to throw the belts at it. I was on the fence with fabbing a bar to mount the eyebolts to or utilizing the factory belt mounting points. I chose the latter because the factory used 7/16-20 hardware, which is what came with the harness. So out came the rear seats so I could remove the factory hardware and install the eyebolts for the harness to clip to. The belts were then fed through the factory buckle slit and between the seat cushion and plastic for a clean trouble free install.

Last Wednesday I loaded the car on to the trailer and took it for a little joy ride. As some of you may remember, the entire front end had been off the car. My alignment was definitely out, but to my surprise, it wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be. We tried to dial out as much negative rear camber as possible but ran out of adjustment on the factory arms. I left with -1.5 all around, but I would like to get the rear to -.5 or so static in the rear. I will have to change my ride height slightly, since the car has moved around under it's own power, I noticed(via tape measure) that the Driver's side is slightly lower than the Passenger's. Once tuning has been finalized, I'll get it nice and level, throw my adjustable arms on in the back and take it back to the shop for a touch-up. I did take it to the car wash that morning for a little hose down, she was slightly dusty from life in the garage.

I was contacted by a member of our forum to see if he could "sponsor" me. We chatted over pm about the details. He decided to send me some of his billet radiator brackets to replace my powder coated ones. They arrived over the weekend and I installed them one night this week. They are very well made, fit perfectly and add a nice touch, Thank you again.

Stay tuned, there's more on the way....
Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #405
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Read thru the build jr. Such time and finesse you put into this. Truly awesome work. Someday I may take the vvl plunge myself.

Hope your dyno time goes good too! And maybe tuning on Halloween will help get all the goblins out
Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #406
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love your attention to detail, I'm the same way. Keep up the good work!
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #407
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Read thru the build jr. Such time and finesse you put into this. Truly awesome work. Someday I may take the vvl plunge myself.

Hope your dyno time goes good too! And maybe tuning on Halloween will help get all the goblins out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
Love your attention to detail, I'm the same way. Keep up the good work!
Thanks gents!

I've been going over the car the past couple days, trying to iron out any bugs that may arise. Popped the VC and checked mech timing, also had the misses crank the car over to ensure all cam oilers were clog free. So far everything looks good for Friday.

This evening I welded up my brackets that have a provision for the harness lap belts to attach to. These were then welded to the OE frame of the seat. I just need to pick up some 7/16 lock washers and we'll be set to install the belts. That will wrap up the interior other than figuring out why my Radio is no longer working. It's an old Kenwood Excelon unit and If it's dead I should probably upgrade to an Aux friendly unit anyway.

Tuning is still on for Friday and Sat. Hoping to get some miles on her after that. It will be bitter sweet. It's been a long road.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #408
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Well worth the wait. Always admired your work on Tamparacing and here.

Just a heads up, will probably have some more questions for you down the road after i settle in at Japan. Wanting a similar engine/turbo setup, will probably be a long build like yours too.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #409
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Well worth the wait. Always admired your work on Tamparacing and here.

Just a heads up, will probably have some more questions for you down the road after i settle in at Japan. Wanting a similar engine/turbo setup, will probably be a long build like yours too.
Thank you. It's a shame that site has traveled the path it has. I would still be updating my thread there, but Señor what's his nuts has corrupted that site.

By all means please give me a shout when you have questions. I'll be building a spare bottomend in the future as well, all the parts are acquired, just need funds for machine work.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #410
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

What's a tamparacing?

Can't wait till fri/sat
Old 10-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #411
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
What's a tamparacing?

Can't wait till fri/sat
You? It's been 4yrs since I've driven the damn thing...
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #412
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You? It's been 4yrs since I've driven the damn thing...

I'm anxious. You're probably up all night like a 10 year old on Christmas eve.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #413
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
This must be video documented.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #414
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
This must be video documented.
The gopro memory is getting wiped tonight and throw in with all the items I'm taking to the dyno. Videos will be posted when all is said a done. Besides, you know I'll interrupt your class with dyno pulls via text.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #415
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Thursday evening was a mess. Last minute items that needed to be completed, getting the car loaded on to the trailer and date night/carving pumpkins. I had a great time with the misses, as usual, but my mind was a bit scattered.

Friday morning, I'm up and out of the house by 7am. I don't have to be to work until 8am but my buddy left the trailer tag in his shop, so I had to swing by and get it. I got to work and commenced my day. Around 10am I recieved a text from Harry(Z tuner) stating he was having some issues with the dyno, but he was working on it. I said, "No problem, just keep me posted". Four hours go by and I don't hear from him, so I shot him a message already convinced that Halloween has screwed me. He confirmed my suspicions, the dyno was broke and required Dynojet specific parts. Great! I had worked so hard to get the car here and I was robbed by the damn brake controller.

A new date has been set, pending repairs. Hopefully soon I'll have some numbers and be able to finally drive this car down the road under its own power.

Stay tuned.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #416
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It's way better that the dyno was the item with issues and not the car. So many times is the other way around. I'd bet next appointment there won't be any problems.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #417
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
RIP TR

i haven't been on that site in years now.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #418
Scott@FontanaNissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Scott@FontanaNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Scott@FontanaNissan
wow , this is an awesome build good job! looking forward to dyno numbers and action shots!
Scott@FontanaNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #419
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking forward to numbers and seeing it in person. Bet you're excited!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #420
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its 11/20. Please tell me you have numbers to post up....
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote