Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #151
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oh ok I understand. Standalone is the shit if you can tune it or have the cash flow to buy it and get someone else to tune it for you.

Boost Coming soon...
twofortyrida1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #152
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofortyrida1388 View Post
oh ok I understand. Standalone is the shit if you can tune it or have the cash flow to buy it and get someone else to tune it for you.
Standalone is the shit for any engine setup. Problem is its completely not smog legal worthy. I don't know about the rest of you guys but the whole point of the VQ exercise(for me) is to run a light High HP engine thats perfectly legal. You start sticking standalone setups on it, putting on aftermarket stuff etc..., just to make it simpler to get it running and you defeat the purpose. You might as well just toss in a S14 or S15 SR or a RB at that point.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #153
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
if there is a standalone that hooks up to the obd2 scanner or consult2 that would be worth it.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #154
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan hagen View Post
i have a pic, how do i post it, i havent posted a pic in a couple years
Quote:
I can't do it right either.
a bit late, but since I just posted this info in 2 other threads, why not.

Host your pic on a 3rd party site such as photobucket or imageshack and then copy the link into your message using [img] tags.

Example:
[IMG]The URL of your pic goes here[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #155
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Standalone is the shit for any engine setup. Problem is its completely not smog legal worthy. I don't know about the rest of you guys but the whole point of the VQ exercise(for me) is to run a light High HP engine thats perfectly legal. You start sticking standalone setups on it, putting on aftermarket stuff etc..., just to make it simpler to get it running and you defeat the purpose. You might as well just toss in a S14 or S15 SR or a RB at that point.
Exaaaaactly... That is the main reason Im interested in doing a VQ swap. Street legality is the name of the game. Otherwise why bother with the uncharted territory? Just throw in your tried and true SR or RB and be done with it.

Im pretty much just waiting on you guys that are being the guinea pigs to get your cars going before I jump in with mine. Props to you guys for doing something new and different!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #156
NiZMo1o1
Zilvia Junkie

NiZMo1o1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is a link to our Local forum , Local guy that was a Ex- KA-T that was already do low E.T.s deicde to go VQ35

http://www.floridastreetscene.com/fo...ad.php?t=13180

Its almost finsh as hes working on it.. Custom intake manifold , Twin Turbo....

Im debating on doing a VQ in a s13coupe or s13vert...

But im also keeping my s14
Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #157
Emp123
Leaky Injector

Emp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
Exaaaaactly... That is the main reason Im interested in doing a VQ swap. Street legality is the name of the game. Otherwise why bother with the uncharted territory? Just throw in your tried and true SR or RB and be done with it.

Im pretty much just waiting on you guys that are being the guinea pigs to get your cars going before I jump in with mine. Props to you guys for doing something new and different!
Go guinea pigs, go!
Emp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #158
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
I can't wait to eventually do this thing.

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #159
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

How much do you think it would cost to pay someone to wire it up. Putting the motor and tranny in wont be too difficult w/ those custom linkages and mounts but the wiring looks like a nightmare.

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #160
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

On a scale 1-10 and dropping a Ferrari 6.0L V12 in an s13 is a 10 and putting the same exact ka back in is a 1; what would the vq30de fair against a vq35de. If the vq35de requires special dealer tools to get running than fuck it. A stand alone can run what $1000-$2000 no freaking way. I'd rather put a vq30 in and put a small turbo on it and some springs/bc cams and call it a day. Something making enough boost for a hacked maf. Actually how much power do you think a stock vq30 can support (I know a walbro 255 is already necessary for swap), injectors, maf, rail, or what. The ka gives out stock at what 220?

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #161
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
no, a good KA will give out around 300 w/o fuel pump

VQ30DE-T is good for power on a good build considering they come stock turbo on the cefiro?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #162
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
That would be a fucking insane N/A street car. What about the QR25DE? Is there a RWD tranny that can be put on it?

No, but you can always fab something, also the coolant jacket/ports would be positioned into the firewall so you would have to run a line all the way aroudn to the front for radiator.

The stock ring lands are horrible for turbo applications.

The overall motor is not the best suitable from engineering standpoint for turbo, less so than the KA.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #163
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
No, but you can always fab something, also the coolant jacket/ports would be positioned into the firewall so you would have to run a line all the way aroudn to the front for radiator.

The stock ring lands are horrible for turbo applications.

The overall motor is not the best suitable from engineering standpoint for turbo, less so than the KA.

your an idiot there is a rwd QR25DE transmission, and if your going to do a rwd QR25DE swap use engine and trans from frontier
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #164
Emp123
Leaky Injector

Emp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why bother with the QR25DE? Minimal power gain, and the engine has had a few serious issues in its short lifetime, just doesn't make sense to me.
Emp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #165
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Somehow a Sentra powered 240 just doesnt strike as much fear into my heart as a VQ35 powered 240. :lol:
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #166
irax
Post Whore!

a qr25de was originally going to be my swap but, since i was able to get the vq n everything allot sooner im going with that.

seriously the QR25DE is not that bad of an engine once you remove the ballance shafts. Easy 200ish wheel horse power without opening the engine at all.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #167
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
no, a good KA will give out around 300 w/o fuel pump

VQ30DE-T is good for power on a good build considering they come stock turbo on the cefiro?
With the ka I ment injectors and everything. It can really support that muchin stock form and just turboing it? What do you thing the vq30 is capable of stock with turbo?

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #168
irax
Post Whore!

yeah its a good idea to change injectors unless you want to spend alot of time tuning the turbo setup so its just undermax output. seriously it is a safe thing to say that you should not make hp more than the injector size for the most part. that is just what i heard. I think the VQ30 is capeable with good tune on stock bottem end somewhere around 400
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #169
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

400 is way way plenty. In stock form with minor mods what does the vq30 produce? So for a VQ30 to be used I will need the engine, obvious senors, Z33 6MT, Z33 oil pan, harness, ecu, custum shifter linkage, custom or rb25 mounts, custom headers/exhaust, and a profound knowledge of wiring. Oh and can the maxima gauge cluster and dash harness be used If I got it from same car the engine came from?

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 AM   #170
irax
Post Whore!

VQ30DE engine, Z33 trans & oil pan, custom shifter linakge or just got a hole in the trans tunnel. custom mounts. z33 headers. FSM and coloured wiring diagrams. Maxima gauge cluster would be nice but not needed at all.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #171
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Would the cluster make it easier instead of tracing each wire to each gauge in the cluster. What about the speed signal?

Boost Coming soon...
Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 AM   #172
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like it would almost fit if not perfect. I'm having a time trying to find some non jwt cams and springs for the vq30. Oh jwt wants 1100 DOLLARS for just the cams!!!!!! WTF!!!

Boost Coming soon...

Last edited by twofortyrida1388; 06-28-2007 at 04:38 AM..
Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #173
tuner777

tuner777 is a well-known jackass
i was wondering if VQ35HR would be a street legal setup in CA.. i have '97 240sx.. i love the engine.. and i hate the KA.. puttin SR in california means u gotta get a trailer and a truck to tow it.. cops are hella crackin down on that kinda swap.. and u cant pass SMOG..
tuner777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #174
irax
Post Whore!

SR HELLA SUCKS!

if you read any part of this thread you would know how to make the VQ35HR legal in your s14.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #175
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

Yeah theres tons of info on this thing. I've went back throught this thing quite a few times.

Boost Coming soon...