Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
seiyess
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
seiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to seiyess
safe everyday drive for stretch tire size ???

will this be ok for everday drive, not popping out?
235/40 for 11 wide
265/35 for 12 wide
seiyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
sidewayz240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nicesidewayz240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow, thats quite the strech, i personally wouldn't trust them on toronto roads, im sure socal road arnt much better.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its your life...if the roads arent so great i wouldnt stretch that much.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #4
zackt69
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her selfzackt69 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have 275/35 on my G35 10.5 rears, and that seems pretty stretched out - 265/35 on a 12 sounds like too much stretch - not for sure though.
zackt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
you will be fine, what car is it going on??? seems kinda leaning toward VIP sizing.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
Too much stretch. Even on a 10j, a 235/40 is pretty damn stretched. It won't be safe.
naed240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Eat a dick dean.

thats easy, rims not for poor people have bead seats. its not a problem

-mcrussellpants.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #8
naed240sx
Zilvia Member

naed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the roughnaed240sx is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
Eat a dick dean.

thats easy, rims not for poor people have bead seats. its not a problem

-mcrussellpants.
Thanks for the neg rep.

Even people on ziptied are scared of 235/40 on an 11j. Show me a picture of this, because I have never heard of anybody running that. It's fucking pointless anyways, beadseats or not. Sure, mild stretch is good for response, a big stretch helps fit hard to fit wheel sizes, but 235 on 11 is just fucking stupid.

I'm aware that it would probably fit, but it would take a shitload of work to get them on, and whether or not they would stay on would be a gamble. I wouldn't DD that shit.

For the record, here is 265/35/18 on 18x12 (Matt's car). He says it takes TWO beadrings to mount these. So no, it's not EASY.

Edit: Cool more negative rep. 235/40 on an 11 is retarded for a daily driven car and you all know it. Keep it coming.

Last edited by naed240sx; 11-11-2006 at 12:57 AM..
naed240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
thoes sizes sound really hard to mount unless you get some goofy ass wide tires like wanlis or somthing. i couldnt get 2 different pairs of 265/35 to mount on my 12s. i would run like 255/35 and 285/30 on thoes wheel sizes. theyre 18s right
Old 11-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #10
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
cooper zeon is one of the hardest tires to stretch. they have a stiffer sidewall than most. a lot of times a cheetah is needed to stretch coopers.
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:36 AM   #11
Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Pardon my ignorance on this topic..

But what is the point of stretching the tires? I would think you would want a wider tire, more contact patch=more grip. I guess this could be different for drifting.
Devilsolsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
chmercer
BANNED

cause hipari is the shit son,

search if you want a real answer
Old 11-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #13
amplifi3d
Leaky Injector

amplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-knownamplifi3d is making his/her stupidity well-known
run them shit stretched son. those sizes will be fine.
amplifi3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
i wouldn't trust daily cars on more than 1-2 sizes smaller. You really dont need it. People run stretched tires for stiffness and sensative road feel. You only need these for race cars, not street cars. It dosn't even look attractive IMO.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
stretching tires is for fags. real men rock wide tires w/ the stickiest compound they can find.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #16
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi
stretching tires is for fags. real men rock wide tires w/ the stickiest compound they can find.
No there not . People do that so they can tuck big and low offset wheels nicely under the fenders.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #17
backroadtouge
Zilvia Member

backroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the roughbackroadtouge is a jewel in the rough
if your cars low enough to need them, then dooo itttt. basically, dont have rim sticking way all out from the tire, it looks kinda outta place and gets rashed.

お金も腕も、何も無い・
backroadtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #18
chmercer
BANNED

i guess you would get curb rash if you have no idea how to drive and grind your wheels on curbs and shit
Old 11-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #19
Quangs203
Leaky Injector

Quangs203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Quangs203
what kind of tires do you guys recommend stretching ? i've gotta get some tires for my WORK MEISTER S1 3pc.18x9+10 and 18x10+5 So i was thinking about the Bridgestone Potenza RE0960 225/40/18 for my front and 245/40/18 for the rear. But i do think 245 on a 10 might be a lil too conservative? either Bridgestones or FALKEN azenis st615 i'd run 235/40/18 in the rear.. what do you guys think ? any inputs ?

Quangs203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #20
EndLeSS8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
EndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enoughEndLeSS8 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
i guess you would get curb rash if you have no idea how to drive and grind your wheels on curbs and shit
Unfortunately not all of us have MOMMY and DADDY to pay for everything we buy.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #21
pileofherpes
BANNED

pileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymorepileofherpes is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8
you're adopted. your parents don't love you.
pileofherpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:21 AM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileofherpes
you're adopted. your parents don't love you.
haha...thats funny but anyways. Personally a good rule of thumb for a stretch is 20mm less than the width of the rim. So for a rim thats 10" wide, convert it to mm and you get roughly 255mm. Smallest id go is 235, 10mm stretch on each side of the rim. Then it also depends on the rim itself, some companies measure their rims differently and ultimately the size of the rim itself since that will dictate how much side wall you have (bigger rims have less sidewally naturally)

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:39 AM   #23
chmercer
BANNED

Quote:
haha i wish.

learn how to not crunch your fucking wheels into curbs, retard. thats like saying dont get frp bumpers cause you like to ram them over parking blocks.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:06 AM   #24
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
SORRY MY MOMMY AND DADDY DON'T BUY ME ALL THE CURBS I WANT!

if you curb your rims you're a tool, stretched or not.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #25
Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants

if you curb your rims you're a tool, stretched or not.
Things happen when you daily drive you car..especially in downtown Baltimore
Devilsolsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #26
chmercer
BANNED

lol

fucking christ. curbing your wheels is as lame as crashing your car into things.

dont hit your car on stuff
Old 11-14-2006, 02:17 AM   #27
seiyess
Zilvia Junkie

seiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to seiyess
thanks for all the replies..
i think i will just stay with what i have right now..
245/40 on 11 and 275/35 on 12.
rear clears easy but front, i thought i could just go narrower and go low but i guess i'll just clean up inside the well a little more... can't be lazy..
seiyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:49 AM   #28
chmercer
BANNED

you could try for 245/35 up front
Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 AM   #29
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsolsi
Things happen when you daily drive you car..especially in downtown Baltimore
Ahaha.. curb a rims is fuckin retarded..also in italy, never understood how people can do it..you only have do be normal for don't do it..nothing special..
damn! are u a girl?!?
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #30
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
bwahahah
curbing your wheels

here's a tip
LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE

i havent curbed a wheel in SOOOO many year
only a fuck head who cant park curbs wheels
learn to drive you idiot.

i used to have to parallel park A LOT. after a bit u get the hang and park it perfect without touching the curb.
its all about ability to drive

as far as stretched tires, if u dont understand yet, go search

as far as the mommy and daddy comment
if u knew how much those guys waste their paychecks on cars maybe you'd have a rad looking car too
mom and dad. this isnt a VIPER forum, we drive fucking 240sx
the shit car of the year. give me a break. car is from 1995. oh daddy buy me a 11 year old car! my mcdonalds job cant pull it off!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote