Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 stock body with over fenders front and rear.

I've been thinking about running over fenders (30mm front) (50mm rear) on a stock bodied s14. Any opinions on this with a nicely lowered car? I havent been able to find any pics of cars that have been done this way.

Will the over fenders make my 17's look smaller (diameter wise)?

Heres what i have to work with right now

My dog cuddles says hello:

Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Why? Your wheels seem to fit.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
I found these on max tire fitment thread:

Kind of shitty pics.. I hate the front fender vents

Old 03-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i like your muffler what is it?
rb25crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
randyjordan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
randyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of lightrandyjordan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
the fronts will looks ok-ish..., but your rears might look horrible with overfenders since you wont have the sideskirts to cover the bottom end of it

you can always adjust accordingly, less camber yada yada

do it so you can tuck those 17's

but you might want aero
randyjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25crazy View Post
i like your muffler what is it?
lol, eBay special

eBay Motors: DUAL 3" EXHAUST CATBACK SYSTEM 89 90 91 92-94 240SX S13 (item 220384598435 end time Mar-30-09 18:03:22 PDT)

$200 shipped

that link is for the s13 though

i've had like 5 of these exhausts but nothing ever beat dmh e-cutout on stock exhaust..
Old 03-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
those 17's have got you asking all sorts of questions. I'm not huge fan of over flares unless you've got something to hide... (damage, etc...) Your fenders look like they're in good shape, why destroy them?

WTF... "taco taco" I don't know why you guys insist on putting cheap shit on your car...

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Don't. Nothing fits as good as OE, and I've seen a ton of shitty fenders that were supposedly perfect fit. The car looks fine like it is, don't ruin it with jank ass fiberglass parts that fit like fuck.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Don't. Nothing fits as good as OE, and I've seen a ton of shitty fenders that were supposedly perfect fit. The car looks fine like it is, don't ruin it with jank ass fiberglass parts that fit like fuck.
See thats what i was thinking thats why i was avoiding getting a kit. We have some effed up roads around here. I just cant go as low as i want in the front because the wheels are so huge. ANd i'd like to run some larger tires as well. Oh well, i do suppose you're right as always
Old 03-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
he speaks the truth. Nothing fits like OE

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
See thats what i was thinking thats why i was avoiding getting a kit. We have some effed up roads around here. I just cant go as low as i want in the front because the wheels are so huge. ANd i'd like to run some larger tires as well. Oh well, i do suppose you're right as always
Don't ever argue with me.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
One day you will listen to me young skywalker....

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
car looks great as is. looks like you have nice virgin quarterpanels. don't go ruining them with fiberglass.

also, fitting big wheels WELL on stock body looks more impressive than huge wheels under fiberglass
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
markapple0507
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
markapple0507 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
lol, eBay special

eBay Motors: DUAL 3" EXHAUST CATBACK SYSTEM 89 90 91 92-94 240SX S13 (item 220384598435 end time Mar-30-09 18:03:22 PDT)

$200 shipped

i've had like 5 of these exhausts but nothing ever beat dmh e-cutout on stock exhaust..
just was curious how low the muffler on that exhaust is. i've seen some pics of some other ebay kits and they place the muffler towards the center of the car where its at the lowest. also how loud is it? like you said the cutout is best when dealing with the man in the blue but what are your experiences with it?
markapple0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #15
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
One day you will listen to me young skywalker....
listen to you? you never told me anything hahaha... i asked u to come help me fit my wheels member?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markapple0507 View Post
just was curious how low the muffler on that exhaust is. i've seen some pics of some other ebay kits and they place the muffler towards the center of the car where its at the lowest. also how loud is it? like you said the cutout is best when dealing with the man in the blue but what are your experiences with it?

Its real quiet, and does hang low... I had to weld an extra hanger.. The s13 version's resonator needs dented in a corner because it will hit the driveshaft some. I basically put ring clamps around every urethane hanger to take up some slack. If the exhaust rubs and scrapes, so be it, its pretty sturdy piping.

If you want to hear it on my old redtop s13 (stock t25 on 12lb) heres a link Here right click save as if you want to view.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #17
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
go for it. that way you can run some real tires and the right amount of camber so you can use all of the tread.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
If you mold them in, it would probably look pretty good. Granted the fronts have the vents for a reason, and always look ugly as fuck, give it a shot anyways. For the rears definitely mold them in. It looks so much cleaner with them molded into the body lines. Also make that gas door flush. Most ppl wouldn't be able to tell it has rear overs.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
over fenders will not make your wheels look smaller, as long as you adjust your camber. looking at the pictures, i see a small contact patch. i dont know your intentions with the car, but over fenders would enable you to get more tire to the ground. im not a fan of fiberglass myself. i think the car looks good as it is right now.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
if you want a dual canister exaust buy the apexi one, sooooo much nicer and to the op i think the car looks good as is, im not a huge fan of s14's but it loks good as is
Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
hahajoey

hahajoey is an unknown quantity at this point
what about the greddy?
hahajoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #22
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahajoey View Post
what about the greddy?
trust DD's are discontinued.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
wait....
so whats wrong with how the car sits right now?
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #24
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
wait....
so whats wrong with how the car sits right now?
Quote:
I just cant go as low as i want in the front because the wheels are so huge. ANd i'd like to run some larger tires as well.
next time, read the thread.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:38 AM   #25
hacknik
Leaky Injector

hacknik is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lol, eBay special

$200 shipped

Looks similar to the TRUST dd. Dual 3" pipe to resonator then split to 2 4" tips.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #26
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Yeah... thats not similar for shit. Trust DD is a blastpipes style setup, that is similar to an apexi dual N1 setup.

Also I love how the sample pic looks nothing like the actual product lol.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
hacknik
Leaky Injector

hacknik is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL, yea, I just realized that, but it was 4am in the morning, gimmie a break :P
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #28
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

lol similar to trust dd, thats hilarious. like a comparison from daewoo to ferrari
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #29
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
lol similar to trust dd, thats hilarious. like a comparison from daewoo to ferrari
Exactly what i thought lol... stole the words right from me...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #30
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Back to topic tho, seriously pick the overfenders up and mold them in so it looks stock. That would be the best approach. For the fronts tho... I know they have the vents for a reason, but you can try filling them in I guess and see what happens.