Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
**IMPORTANT for AAA roadside members**

For those of you with

AAA roadside and towing coverage

AAA WILL NOT cover services for "MODIFIED" vehicles.

Lowered vehicles, body kits, etc etc etc will affect your coverage

My S14 was stranded on the road and I needed a tow to the nearby Nissan dealership.

I requested a flat bed because my car was lowered and I didnt want any damage to my vehicle.

The straight out told me that there will be no coverage for modified vehicles.

I argued and spoke with a supervisor.. Got nowhere.

"modified is modified" and there is no coverage

Luckily, i used my GEICO roadside assistance.

Bottom line is:

DO NOT TELL AAA that your car is lowered, has rims, bodykits, etc.

I spoke with the tow truck driver who provided towing for GEICO and he also tows for AAA. He advised me to leave the modification issue to the tow truck driver.

The reason is: If the driver feels he cannot tow it, he will notify AAA. But the driver will make every attempt to tow it because they do not want to lose the business. They carry 2x4's, blocks, etc to accomodate lowered vehicles.
gtstwincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
And watch out for greasy gloves touching your interior such as steering wheel, seat, door/post or headliner trim area... My AAA tow truck guy had a greasy black glove and left his grease on the med gray front pillar trim of our Super Clean 03 GTI. With a simple call on the spot, AAA picked up the bill.

Also, they may use 2x4's, 4x4's, blocks, etc but be sure the front bumper or exhaust tips do not scrape (if your ride is super clean) while the car is pulled up the bed of the truck. Be sure the tie down locations such as control arms, sub frames and wheels are not damaged in any way.

~m
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
jivetoast
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
jivetoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jivetoast
thats so wrong, how can a company do that? if that ever happened to me i would demand the money i paid for the plan back, theres no use having a service you cant use..
jivetoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
defiantly watch the exhaust mine got scraped up when i moved my 240 from one house to another the guys eyes got all huge haha
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its funny that you guys want a company to caiter to you modifying your vehicle. What they should do is have a policy for modified vehicles that costs more and then you can cry about that. The reason they are against modified vehicles is because they would be considered liable for any and all damages to your car. Its pretty simple reasoning if you ask me and totally reasonable on their part. In the end all it comes down to is that you want your vehicle towed and be pristine afterwards when even a flatbed is made for vehicles with at a stock height.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just ask for a flat bed
Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
just ask for a flat bed
ding ding ding exactly. In fact you can ask for a flatbed and just say its a Sports car, because A: it is and B: they already know Sports cars sit lower than regular cars. You think Porsche or Ferrari owners let there cars be put on Eagle Claws? LOL

I have a AAA Premier membership and have never had any problems having a lowered car towed.

The only time I have ever seen a problem, was when a car I bought a ex track rental car.
It was just slammed with like only a inch or two of ground clearance. The driver of the flatbed showed up because the guy who was selling it was putting the tow on his AAA and the driver refused to try to put in the flatbed out of fear of ripping up the underside.

Like others have said you do not state you have a modified car. You just say you have a sports car. The dispatcher will sit there and go oh so you need a flatbed? You say yes and they make you wait an extra 15-30 minutes for a flatbed to arrive.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
this AAA information is old news...for me at least, and not even really a big deal, you know the risks and problems you face when owning a modified car...so quit fuckin crying about it

oh, and this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I have a AAA Premier membership and have never had any problems having a lowered car towed.

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
Old news

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
this AAA information is old news...for me at least, and not even really a big deal, you know the risks and problems you face when owning a modified car...so quit fuckin crying about it

oh, and this....
old news for band wagon newbies
gtstwincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
they dont ask. you dont tell.
jdm538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
marcencar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
marcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond reputemarcencar has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcencar
weird, i get my car towed everywhere when i need it. I got the highest membership one so i can get towed to shops and buddies houses without any problems for up to 200 miles.

Ive have used the towing benefit for years without out any problems. hell i used it about a week ago, and i even told the dispatch a flat bed is needed because the car is lowered.

At one point i had 3 tow truck drivers helping me get my car on a flat bed, they needed all of their wooden 2x4 and what-not.

so i dont know, i love AAA because of their towing service
Old 10-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Dont be one of those idiots who molds in their bodykits lol =)
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm538 View Post

EXCATLY! .. My friend called AAA and told them he needed a Tow from a Tow yard .. that the car was already broken down and he just purchased it.. He was pissed when they told him "This is not for Courtesy Towing, Only if you are broken Down" ..

I said, did they ask you that? He said "No".. and I said.. Soooo Why the F@#! did you even tell them... Just say you need a tow...

It's a Need to know Basis and THEY don't need to know.. LMAO

But I have never had a Problem either with them towing any of my cars slammed or not... and they always brought a flatbed..

I also asked the Driver to be careful and they are.. Because they dont want to mess up your ride either.. They have always been nice when I said "Can you put that there please, instead of there"..

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
quoted from other thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Even if they don't know it's modified and they still come out with a flatbed, they will just turn around and refuse to pick you up.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
i've never had a problem with AAA towing my car.

I just call and ask for a flatbed.

tow truck shows up and says, dammit... and carefully puts it on the flatbed
Old 10-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
old news for band wagon newbies
wait what?

lol im bandwagon? and a newbie?

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
He advised me to leave the modification issue to the tow truck driver.

The reason is: If the driver feels he cannot tow it, he will notify AAA. But the driver will make every attempt to tow it because they do not want to lose the business. They carry 2x4's, blocks, etc to accomodate lowered vehicles.
yup my car was lower than it was right now.it broke down at an autozone ironically haha it was the starter but i called AAA and i just told them bring a flatbed. the tow guy came and the guy was a lil stumped for awhile but also said that he'll take every bit of caution and he took 15 mins to get the car up and just a lil less to get it down. he use the 2x4 but i also carry them in my car anyways if i do any work on my car somewhere else

tow truck guys are funny as hell and always have stories to tell
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
cisco240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I had a AAA tow driver tell me once that he woudn't tow my S14 cause it was to low and afraid to damage the bodywork. I called AAA and they had a second driver come out. They said it would be up to the driver to make the final call for towing. The 2nd driver was cool, and told me I needed to take off my front bumper (so it wouldn't snag/get ripped) and he towed it.
cisco240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post

oh, and this....

Damn straight up asshole spec lol ^^ but he is right, this is old news. I have never had any issues towing my s13 or my truck with AAA they always have 2x4s and shit to throw under my car, and if not I have my own. The guy probably didnt like your attitude or just straigh up didnt like you lol. Were you cool with him??? The only time I had trouble was with my VW corrado and that was because the guy didnt bring a flatbed, but all he did was leave and call another driver that had one.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #20
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
just used this like a month of ago for my friends car, his frame rails sits like 2-3 inches off the floor. First one of the eagle claw guys came and was like "fuck" and he dispatched for a flatbed and waited with us til the flatbed came. The flatbed guy was nice and easily took care of the car!
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hmm, I've never had the same problem with AAA.
Also never saw the reason to tell them my car's modded.
My 240 and other cars also aren't slammed so low they need a flatbed (personal preference).

Makes sense they would reject you though.
Nobody wants to be held accountable for complications b/c of your mods or whatever.
If your car falls apart while being towed, hits someone, & that someone sues,
it's not in AAA's & your best interests.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
In the last 4 years that I've used AAA, i've never had that problem.

i just called the number, said i needed a flatbed, and the tow truck guy showed up. as soon as he noticed my car was lowered he grabbed some 2x4s and loaded up my lowered car no problem. all the guys that towed me seemed really friendly.

edit: that reminds me. they made me sign something that said that they wont be held for any damage for my modified car, but i've never had any damage. i just took off the bumpers and told them i dgaf about the exhaust.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
just ask for a flat bed
Yup thats all you gotta do. My clutch went out and called AAA, asked for a flatbed and no questions asked
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
To always get a flatbed tell them it's a RWD vehicle with a limited slip differential. The User Manual in the glove box says flatbed only or it will blow out the differential.

The last couple tows I have done for me and my friends on my card the guy has let me drive the vehicle up the flat bed when he was scared to pull it.

Get the plus/premium with 200~unlimited miles. The driver won't care about mileage and will tow anywhere(to your house, house to house). I had the basic for a year and then the guy gave me shit for not towing to a shop and how close the mileage was. Billed the shop for the overage. Plus/Premium would have paid for itself in that one tow.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #25
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
just ask for a flat bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm538 View Post
^^^EXACTLY! Well I was lucky enough to have bumper clips that allowed me to detach my zenki bumper w/lip in 30 sec. for the flat bed. Because with my damage my bumper sat flat on the ground, and was even too low for the 2x4. Just in case, I raised the front a little to prevent any other damages from loading it up onto the flatbed. This inncident was like two months ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrecked.JPG (35.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg wrecked1.JPG (36.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg wrecked2.JPG (46.9 KB, 10 views)
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote