Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
PacificDrift_Nick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PacificDrift_Nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i love the book and the trailer looks like they did a good job
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #32
mrjeffr0

Trader Rating: (0)
mrjeffr0 is making a name for him/her selfmrjeffr0 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
trailor looks awesome, but they need to make a movie of The Giving Tree

Last edited by mrjeffr0; 04-02-2009 at 02:10 AM..
mrjeffr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #33
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
^ That would be a short ass movie.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #34
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Bump !

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
haha,
im watching this fr sure, loved this book when i was in elementary

i wanna get the kid's PJ's as my halloween costume
haha
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #36
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
im so down for this movie...i remember the books...so awesome when i was a kid

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #37
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
yo mike we need to watch this together with Andrew and everybody.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #38
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
<-- avatar!!! My favorite book!! Cant wait to go see it. Got the shirt 4 years back and still wearing it lol.
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #39
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
anyone watch it yet? i havent

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #40
THE PROPHET
Zilvia Junkie

THE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of light
Its a pretty dark and sad movie. Not intended for kids, I went in with a different mindset about the movie since people was thrashing it (Mike Mancuso and Jason Kim) lol. Anywho I had fun picking the characters apart and seeing what they represented. I keep telling people that its one of those movies that your professor will make you write a paper about.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #41
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw it and I think people who expect it to live up to the book they read as a child will be severly disappointed. As a movie overall its maybe a "B" or 3 out of 5 stars. Like THE_PROPHET said it is dark. Personally I think they took a movie that could have been great and made it just meh.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #42
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
I saw it and I think people who expect it to live up to the book they read as a child will be severly disappointed. As a movie overall its maybe a "B" or 3 out of 5 stars. Like THE_PROPHET said it is dark. Personally I think they took a movie that could have been great and made it just meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PROPHET View Post
Its a pretty dark and sad movie. Not intended for kids, I went in with a different mindset about the movie since people was thrashing it (Mike Mancuso and Jason Kim) lol. Anywho I had fun picking the characters apart and seeing what they represented. I keep telling people that its one of those movies that your professor will make you write a paper about.

I agree with you guys. They kill it by not making his room turn into the forrest like the book.

Monsters were kinda creepy
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #43
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
^ That would be a short ass movie.
if they can make a movie out of chicken little they can make it out of any kids book.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #44
bboyswoosh87
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
bboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enoughbboyswoosh87 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I went with high expectations to see this movie sadly it disappointed me. Its a good movie but nothing great.
bboyswoosh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #45
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I was too old when I came to the US to be a fan of the book
(although I'm familiar with it)
being a fan of Spike Jonze I knew what I was in for
and the movie delivered
it's dark and surprisingly deep in a psych-college-discussions-way
but definitely not for children
- I heard kids left test screenings crying and hence why the film was delayed a
year (Aracade Fire song used in the trailer was a hit a year ago) and studio stepped in

in any case, I liked the movie a great deal
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #46
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Do not bring children to this movie!

Well, unless you're getting ready to give them a big talk about life/death, sex, etc.

I really wanted to leave halfway through.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #47
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Saw the movie Monday night. My girlfriend thought it would be an amazing movie. I thought it was going to suck. I saw the movie with expectations of it being sad and dark, and it was. It was an alright movie I guess. I wouldn't go see it again. The movie gets progressively sadder and sadder. haha.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #48
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Im going to have to check the movie out, I read the book when i was little but I honestly dont even remember it anymore so I dont think i'll be too disappointed since its not just like the book
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #49
Kid coupie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
Kid coupie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yea its strays from the book big time and has a dark twist to it but like PROPHET said it is one of those movies your Senior english or College proffessor would have you write a paper about....a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings.....i loved it but thats just my opinion....
Kid coupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #50
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
not as good as I thought it was going to be, would have been upset if I took kids to this movie and had to explain to them all the fucked up shit in it.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #51
napaKAliboog
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
napaKAliboog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
HAHAHAHA WTF! I want to see this. but I never read the book. Looked to sad and the drawings weren't my thing. Chika chika boom boom and The Very Hungry Caterpillar!!! was my fav book. The art in TVHC is clean and sexy
napaKAliboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #52
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid coupie View Post
Yea its strays from the book big time and has a dark twist to it but like PROPHET said it is one of those movies your Senior english or College proffessor would have you write a paper about....a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings.....i loved it but thats just my opinion....
i think the word you are looking for is symbology

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote