Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
nextproject is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Anyone ever add the rear wiper to their S14?

I notice in some pics that other markets in the world got an S14 that came with a rear wiper. Anyone ever go about this conversion? I would like to attempt it just because i've yet to see anyone do this and it's kinda cool.
nextproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't drive my s14 in the rain so I'm probably no help. I don't care for the look either.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
interesting idea.
i imagine you'd have to REALLY love the look because off the top of my head it seems to be a huge pain in the ass for a wiper blade that you may not even be able to get working properly.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I looked into the potential of doing this many years ago (like 2007), and the biggest difficulty was getting the rear glass from Japan to the US safely.

You need the rear glass and the wiper unit in order to do this "the right way". In addition, you would need the correct wiper stalk and then figure out how to properly wire it through the chassis.

I would have really liked to have had this when I daily'd my S14 in Florida every summer, but I decided it wasn't worth the time or cost. Good luck to you. I'd be interested in seeing it if you do get it all worked out.
ProjNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Well i have all of the other bits of "rarity" that i care to have (the option rear sunshade i dont really want because i have tinted windows anyway, the HUD only applies to RHD cars and i wont ever take things THAT far) other than the light up door sills. I will pursue this unless i find it will cost over a grand. Thats what im willing to part with for this little piece of rarity (i mean, it IS functional, too!)

I agree, the hardest part will be SAFELY getting the glass from japan or europe to my shop without any damage. If i can, then i'll fear hailstorms more than anything in the world!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:25 AM   #6
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextproject View Post
I will pursue this unless i find it will cost over a grand. Thats what im willing to part with for this little piece of rarity (i mean, it IS functional, too!)
Front what I remember, when they did pop up on ebay or elsewhere, the glass itself was ~$600-700. I don't remember if that included the wiper and motor. Definitely no interior stalk. Maybe things have calmed down since many more people have started to bring over OEM parts in greater quantities since then.
ProjNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They came on jdm s-14 ... i know a guys that ordered a front and rear clip here in Montreal from a jdm shop !!! It was just to swap the parts after that

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
They came on jdm s-14 ... i know a guys that ordered a front and rear clip here in Montreal from a jdm shop !!! It was just to swap the parts after that
Yes, the best is to get a complete rear clip. The rear glass is the hardest to get. I did get quotes from Europe for it and it was around $750 before shipping. This is around the same for OEM glass in the US. Aftermarket glass can be had for cheaper but, not with the hole. Drilling tempered glass is not an easy task if at all possible.

The stalk is easy to get and people remove the rear wiper "because race car" all the time. All the hard points and cutout are there from the factory for it. Depending on what year s14 you have, you may have some of the harness for it in the car. The hard part is if you want rear spray.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #9
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Im waiting to hear from a few people that have connections in japan. otherwise yes, i would most likely just get a rear clip. hell if they are 750 thats not bad.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
claine650
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
claine650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never thought a rear wiper would interest anyone so much, many times I see people delete the rear wiper on other chassis like dsm's an such. But good luck on the search, I feel like the search for parts on S chassis cars is part of what makes some people love them so much, all about the chase and building something unique and fun course!
claine650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #11
nextproject
Zilvia Member

I agree, it really is the search for parts that not many people have installed and i am also one of the people that, in the past when i've had a car with a rear wiper, i deleted it, lol. GTR-Garage will NOT import a rear window assembly for me. Ridiculous but whatever its their choice/business and the profit margin on such a part is most likely incredibly small compared to GTRs and baller seats and all the other cool stuff they sell.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #12
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Funny how mostly every JDM/Euro S14 ive seen, the owners remove the wiper
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 PM   #13
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
nextproject
Zilvia Member

Yep. Whats REALLY messed up is id rather blow money on something like this than the Do-Luck aluminum floor support bars. Wait. Nope. Just got those too. Funny how lots of people say certain "JDM" parts arent even available anymore. They are. They just cost alot.