Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
EveryQuarterMile is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Permanent Sleepy Eye?

So I searched the site, and around online, and I'm having a hard time getting a solid answer to this.

My headlights on my S13 are stuck up. No surprise. I plan to eventually do a Strawberry Face conversion, but that's far in the future. I decided that a good "fix" might be to just do sleepy/lazy eyes.

But all the "how to" articles I'm finding for this is for working headlights. Is there anyway to do the mod and keep them permanently in the sleepy eye position where they continue to work?

Thanks in advance~
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Geezus... Ppl are still doing this? It's kinda hard to recommend if we don't know why your headlights are broken. Its been so long that I've had an S13 that I forget there are knobs under the hood to adjust your headlight height. If you lights are already stuck in the up position whether on or off, adjusting those knobs should achieve the desired effect, right? Use the Small Questions thread & search next time. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=330152
Old 04-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Just push down on the light to the desired headlight height you want is reached. May take a bit of force.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Geezus... Just remembering how terrible the light output was on stock pop-ups. And you want to reduce that even further? Permanently?!?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Just push down on the light to the desired headlight height you want is reached. May take a bit of force.

quickest and easiest way. just add a little pressure itll go down
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
Use a towel, you don't want to scratch the covers.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #7
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

So wait, should I use the knobs (I can never seem to figure out where those are btw) or just push them down? Which would be best?

Also, I was under the impression that the lights would not even come on if the headlight was not all the way up, so I figured more modification would be necessary. Is this true?

@simmode1 - I live in a fairly well lit area. Still, by permanently I just mean that they'll stay that way, not that they'll be bolted in place or anything. I figure if I use the knobs I can lift them again if I'm going on a long drive in the middle of nowhere or something
Old 04-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by everyquartermile View Post
so wait, should i use the knobs (i can never seem to figure out where those are btw) or just push them down? Which would be best?
yowza push em, push em! Whose got time to look for them stupid knobs????????????????
Old 04-28-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The knobs are in the center in the front of the engine bay by the radiator support. You twist them to raise and lower the headlights

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #10
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity_sil80 View Post
The knobs are in the center in the front of the engine bay by the radiator support. You twist them to raise and lower the headlights
Thank you for the help! I'll be doing this shortly then!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #11
ldabedgv

ldabedgv is an unknown quantity at this point
ldabedgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you stupid morons....

you dont push down / force down the headlight, unless you want to damage the motors.

the motors have MANUAL ADJUSTERS that are designed to MANUALLY OVERRIDE the fucking electronic system. What does this mean? This means, that if your motors are damaged or not operating properly, you can simply unplug them and MANUALLY adjust the headlight up (or down).

The S13 headlights have fantastic performance AS LONG AS YOU DITCH the piece of shit sealed-beam headlights. Throw those in the trash, buy HELLA E-CODE if you are on a budget or buy CIBIE E-CODE if you can afford the to splurge the extra 100 or so.

No HID kits. No bullshit. Just ECODE lights and you are DONE. And you will have better performance than S14 or even S15 headlights (minus OEM xenon, of course).

You would think after ALL THESE YEARS that you guys would know this by now. FUCK!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 for hella headlamps. i paid $100 for a set. pretty good cut off for a reflector housing.

looks oem, plus you get to say hella anytime some one asks what brand they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #14
simmode1
Post Whore!

Not gonna lie... I was just sitting back watching to see if he'd read the link & use the knobs like I told him or break his shit by pushing on them like a moron.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #15
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you stupid morons....

you dont push down / force down the headlight, unless you want to damage the motors.

the motors have MANUAL ADJUSTERS that are designed to MANUALLY OVERRIDE the fucking electronic system. What does this mean? This means, that if your motors are damaged or not operating properly, you can simply unplug them and MANUALLY adjust the headlight up (or down).

The S13 headlights have fantastic performance AS LONG AS YOU DITCH the piece of shit sealed-beam headlights. Throw those in the trash, buy HELLA E-CODE if you are on a budget or buy CIBIE E-CODE if you can afford the to splurge the extra 100 or so.

No HID kits. No bullshit. Just ECODE lights and you are DONE. And you will have better performance than S14 or even S15 headlights (minus OEM xenon, of course).

You would think after ALL THESE YEARS that you guys would know this by now. FUCK!

yeah we all know. its called fucking with the noobs who don't feel like searching.

damn this place has gone to shit fast.
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #16
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you stupid morons....

If you had noticed what I'd said in this post, then you would have noticed that I was taking the advice to use those MANUAL ADJUSTERS rather than pushing the lights down. Not sure if you were somehow mad/annoyed with me with this, but regardless I would like to inform you I would never hurt my car by pushing down the lights rather than doing it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
+1 for hella headlamps. i paid $100 for a set. pretty good cut off for a reflector housing.

looks oem, plus you get to say hella anytime some one asks what brand they are
I've heard of these before. Are they actually that much better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Not gonna lie... I was just sitting back watching to see if he'd read the link & use the knobs like I told him or break his shit by pushing on them like a moron.
Alright, seriously? I already said that I'd be going with the knobs in a previous post. The only reason it isn't done yet is because I don't have access to my car at the moment. I would never push them down and risk damage. That would be stupid. Why would I say I was going to go with the knobs and then just push them down?

And "he" is a very rude assumption, especially when my name is in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepiedaze View Post
yeah we all know. its called fucking with the noobs who don't feel like searching.

damn this place has gone to shit fast.
If you had bothered to actually READ THE POST you would see that I had searched. I found a lot about sleepy eye, but that doesn't mean I found what I needed for my specific needs. I also checked online too, and I couldn't find anything that directly related to what I needed. I'm so sorry if it upsets you that I don't magically know everything and had to ask for some guidance and help. Isn't that what this site is for?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:31 PM   #17
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
hey you damn mofos! stop confusing this poor noob! You'll make him mess up all his electronics and stuff. Just push down on the covers and be careful not to over do it and do both sides even.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #18
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Op dont mind zilvia, i lurked on here for two years before creating this account and finally posting because of the flaming. Just do your best to do your due diligence and utilize the small questions thread whenever possible

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:29 AM   #19
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity_sil80 View Post
Op dont mind zilvia, i lurked on here for two years before creating this account and finally posting because of the flaming. Just do your best to do your due diligence and utilize the small questions thread whenever possible
Thanks man. Glad to see that there are some respectful people around here. I'll definitely try to do that!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #20
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
You may get tickets if you drive at night with the pop-up headlights in sleepy position. It is certainly illegal.

Also, if you adjust height using the knobs unplug the headlight motors. On a normally operating car, the motors will simply reset their position to stock the next time they are used.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #21
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryQuarterMile View Post
And "he" is a very rude assumption, especially when my name is in my signature.

If you had bothered to actually READ THE POST you would see that I had searched. I found a lot about sleepy eye, but that doesn't mean I found what I needed for my specific needs. I also checked online too, and I couldn't find anything that directly related to what I needed. I'm so sorry if it upsets you that I don't magically know everything and had to ask for some guidance and help. Isn't that what this site is for?
Hi Lexi

Not all of us have signatures enabled. I dont, because I hate signatures. The last thing I want to see is some stupid quote over and over, or someone's mod list, or what they sell, etc. Besides, couldnt Lexi be a guys name? The fuck if I know, but when you come on a forum pre-dominated by a certain sex, you really shouldnt be surprised when people get confused.

Regardless, I could care less if you are a man, woman or monkey. Your question itself is what sounded stupid. You see, sleepy eye headlghts are typically run by morons who dont have the slightest idea about safety items such as light output, beam patterns, etc. They think a headlight is no different than a reading light on your night table at home. I guess they figure if there is light, you can read... or in this case, drive. Clearly, that is not the case.

Besides being able to accelerate, steer and brake your car - one of the most important aspects of a car is that it is visible and that you have sufficient visibility to see at night. So regardless of your color, gender, nationality, it is of paramount importance that you use your brain and think before asking questions, as stupid as they may be. If you lower the headlight lift and change the angle: what would happen to the headlight beam pattern?

Hmmmm....?

I advise that next time you go for a walk when it is pitch black at night. Bring a flash light with you and instead of aiming it ahead, aim it straight down to the floor. Only then will you have the proper answer.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #22
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

I was going to respond to you each individually, but that seems ridiculous. Obviously you guys just came here to troll and flame and criticize. This is my car and I never asked for opinions on what I planned to do, and I certainly don't need to justify myself because others are critical and clearly have too much time on there hands.

However, I am aware of the lower output. I am not an idiot, as some of you seem to think. I live in a well lit area and rarely drive at night. I'll be fine.

My question was in regards to how to do this, not whether you liked it or not. My car, my story, and I couldn't care less about what you all think in regards to doing it. Please do not respond if you're just going to criticize what I choose to do with my own car.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryQuarterMile View Post
However, I am aware of the lower output. I am not an idiot, as some of you seem to think. I live in a well lit area and rarely drive at night. I'll be fine.
Well, seems like you got this all under control.... BRO. :-P
Old 05-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #24
simmode1
Post Whore!

Zilvia is an Equal Opportunity Flaming forum... lol... Seriously though, I hope your plans work out ok. GL.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #25
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I can see it now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryQuarterMile
WTB:

Front bumper, support and rad support.

Ran into something I couldn't see.

Thanks.

-LEXI
Old 05-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #26
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
I can see it now...
LOL that was good.
Cold.. but good.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote