Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where The Wild Things Are

Is anyone as excited about this movie as I am? It was my favorite book as a kid, when I first heard they were making the movie I was so excited but kinda hoped they wouldn't ruin it for me... you know, never meet your childhood heroes type thing. Now that I have watched the trailer I have high hopes and my excitement is back up.

watch the trailer here:
Apple - Movie Trailers - Where the Wild Things Are

Best movie of 09? I think so.
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i used to love that book as a kid. ill see the movie, it looks pretty cool.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
LeftNutOfGowd
Post Whore!

LeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfectionLeftNutOfGowd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LeftNutOfGowd
hahaha I never read the book lol

LeftNutOfGowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
This is gonna be awesome!!!
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
book sorta creeped me out as a kid. dont know why, just didnt trust that book. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I've seen a movie based on "where the wild things are"
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
best kid book ever.

movie looks dope.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
best kid book ever.

movie looks dope.

cant wait for this

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
t1nabug
BANNED

t1nabug is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki.life View Post
book sorta creeped me out as a kid. dont know why, just didnt trust that book. haha

i agree with you on that one. Good book, however something about it kinda scared the bajeebies out of me.

I'm going to watch the movie, it looks pretty epic
t1nabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
THE PROPHET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
THE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yup, im watching this!!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
damn i cant wait for this movie. this was handsdown my favorite book when i was little
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Fuck yeah, this is gonna be rad!
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Oh hell yeah!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Fuck yeah! Those monsters were scary as hell!

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #15
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
i heard the studio didn't like the direction spike jonze was taking it and made alot of changes. hopefully it doesnt stray too far from what he envisioned. he is an awesome director.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
Hywarp161
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Hywarp161 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I so have to go see this.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Fuck yeah! Those monsters were scary as hell!
fuck yeah homie, i was like HOLY SHIT! A FUCKIN PARROT!!!. i was amazed by the drawings of the monsters.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
I've seen a movie based on "where the wild things are"
What is it?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Maurice Sendak is the man, I will be going to see this.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
The only down side I see to this movie is that a bunch of people are going to be Max for Halloween, especially the pseudo hipster kids around my area, which I wanted to do for the past two years but can't find a 'onesy' pajama in my size. Either way, the movie will be awesome, can't wait.
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
trailer looks awesome!!

Where The Wild Things Are was one of my fav childhood novels.
Very stylish and somewhat morbid artwork and interesting story.
brought back some great memories
i'm sure it's something even adults enjoy.
i'm going to go pick this book tomorrow!

song & the editing was cool too.
it's 'Wake Up' from Arcade Fire, for those interested.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #22
KA-Kait
Zilvia Member

KA-Kait is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KA-Kait
arcade fire <3 Very good choice imo. this movie is going to be amazing. me thinks. I loved this book as a kid.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:33 AM   #23
zorak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zorak
This movie looks like it is going to be garbage.

All of you are crazy.

I don't care if I get flamed.

ETA: I never read the book either.
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorak View Post

All of you are crazy.

maybe you are the crazy one!
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #25
miucus
Zilvia Addict

miucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond repute
ive read the book many many times when i was a kid. i cant wait
miucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #26
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaHbLLgNbOQ

link for those of us who don't use/like mac propitiatory software where there are universal standards to go by.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #27
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz

That's how I will be viewing this film.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #28
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I need to reread this. I don't remember the story too well. But I will most def be watching the movie.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #29
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorak View Post

All of you are crazy.

You weren't loved as a child
maplejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
i heard the studio didn't like the direction spike jonze was taking it and made alot of changes. hopefully it doesnt stray too far from what he envisioned. he is an awesome director.
Thank god the studio stepped in!!!

The guy does music videos and skateboard videos.
Fucking FAR, from narative film making!

The only thing he did was John Malkovich which was cool, but way off the deep end. And 10 years ago.

I just wish there was more original material coming out.
Kids arent even gonna learn to read anymore.
They will take there "instant gradification" asses to the video store or youtube and never learn how to use there own imagination or creativity.

society is fucked in the future, but hey, fuck humanity, the movie should be cool!!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote